It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music that moves you

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by benedict9

YOU, Dearest One, are an angel in disguise and I'm appreciative that I know you. Thanks for your kindness. I am so impressed with you, I want you to know that? Whatever happened in my past is certainly made up for in crossing paths with you, for this path was no accident. And I hope that my mood is not bringing yours down too?

I looked for a song but there's not one good enough to match your soul's brightness.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Some wonderful music you linked there. Thank you. I found these too, and they're sweet.

Katie Melua - Tiger in the night - Lyrik

Katie Melua - Thank You, Stars

Katie Melua - If the lights go out

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
This is such an amazing song! no matter what I'm doing, when I hear this song I suddenly start crying, it's so beautiful

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Hi Unity_99 hope you are well. Thanks, those are some pretty songs you posted . Katie Melua I only found a few days ago, "Thank you, Stars" I always skipped over, really nice song, wished I had listened before. Thanks for posting these as I didn't listen to all of her stuff yet.

I also liked your Tarja "Dark Star" in particular, all are good though. Powerful voice she has reminds me of Lita Ford somewhat.

With all of us emotional, crying women on here, benedict9 may not come back for awhile, Nah, he loves his ATS Sisters. We need him more than he knows.

edit on 28-11-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Tarja has a wonderful voice, opera trained. Her songs are very aware but some can be more like Grims Fairy Tale at times, but are wake up songs none the less. A friend from Finland shared her music with me. Found her voice beautiful and she has energy.

Actually that was a good cry, it was a miracle. I'd had a dream, as if the HS of someone had arranged it, the night before, whereas I'd just thought it was something I had already made peace and forgiven over, whereas it was something that was blocking my feelings for a long time. So first this dream the that night, which had bothered me all day, was analyzing it, was almost a lucid dream in awareness but couldn't change it, or I would have. Then those first 3 songs he posted, and the tears started coming.

The last one by Savage Garden. You called Benedict9 and angel, and I agree, he has that energy too. So does that singer, some kind of miracle happened, and he was singing to me, something was breaking up inside, and I said, You're an angel and a that moment, "a thousand angels dance around you" instantly came from the words in the song. I realized angels sing.

Then I thought, it will take a long time to heal up from some of life's journey, things that hold us back emotionally, and I was bawling by this point, and suddenly this connection, and words flashed in my mind, "All you have to do is give permission to heal." They're here nonstop, watching over, reaching down and lending a helping hand, throwing a lifeline into this river of sorrow, this sad world, and all we have to do is forgive, self, others, and say Yes to healing, help, Love.

So to me, it was a miracle that Benedict posted those songs, and I couldn't even listen to them, the Sound driver doesnt work for both internet and songs on the computer, I have restart the desktop each time, but something kept nudging me to go and listen to the new music posted, and finally did.

edit on 28-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

savage garden-Hold me

Savage Garden- Promises Lyrics

Savage Garden- The Best Thing Lyrics

Savage Garden - Universe

Darren Hayes of Savage Garden - So Beautiful

edit on 28-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

James Morrison - I Won't Let You Go

James Morrison - Right by your side (live@ Itunes Festival 30-07-2011)

James Morrison - You give me something (live@ Itunes Festival 30-07-2011)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hi Unity, good to see you here and sharing again

Can't give up on the ones around us here, either, have to pull us all through.

Found the track below and instantly thought of you and that posting. Hope it speaks to your soul as it did mine.

"All you have to do is give permission to heal." They're here nonstop, watching over, reaching down and lending a helping hand, throwing a lifeline into this river of sorrow, this sad world, and all we have to do is forgive, self, others, and say Yes to healing, help, Love.

Appreciate such input. Some very poignant and touching comments there. The road is often bumpy but a Way can always be Paved in Grace.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Thank you, really appreciate your words, with alot of insight I can see. Yes, those songs have special gifts in them, to touch the heart and soul and reach things that need to heal up, things I quite frankly didn't even realize were unhealed, except being inhibited alot perhaps. Thank you, seems to me a lot of guiding and following Spirit going on just picking songs, and perhaps even artists who have that ability to use their gifts to shine their lights. And glad to see you posting again, missed you.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

With flattery like that, you just made the top of my christmas card list

Believe me if I had wings I would have flown the coop already lol But still, for your super duper sweetness to the max I give you song-- and I feel it's a special one because the word "stand" popped into my head from nowhere during a search and led me to it.

Hope you like, she has a powerful voice this one.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Appropriate name, Birdy. Wings. Guilt Free.

This is a beautiful song, love the piano, and have a touch a melancholy in me. The words really resonate:

Birdy - Shelter (Official Video)

I find shelter in this way
Under cover, hide away
Can you hear when I say
I have never felt this way

Maybe I had said something that was wrong
Can I make it better with the lights turned on
Maybe I had said something that was wrong
Can I make it better with the lights turned on

Could I be, was I there
It felt so crystal in the air
I still want to drown whenever you leave
Please teach me gently how to breathe

And I'll cross oceans like never before

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

With Guidance comes a Brighter day.

I can only provide my own testimony that my personal walk in Faith has Guided and Paved from the profound to the seemingly mundane.

When one chooses to Walk, it is side by Side.

Here in good company, so thank you

Edit to add: Just heard your Birdy addition. Only discovered this girl last night believe it or not, but she has quite the voice. The track is slightly haunting, yet full of hope. Much like the world can be
Cheers.

Another standout track of hers below which is a cover, but very well conveyed.

edit on 29-11-2011 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
This is such an amazing song! no matter what I'm doing, when I hear this song I suddenly start crying, it's so beautiful

That feels like how we spend our lives, lost in the dream.

Great song.

It reminds me of what came to me yesterday, was trying to write a poem about a heartbeat jumpstarting, life igniting, in this shadow dream and its not there yet, but:

What d'you know, I felt my heart come to life.
Is it a just a dream? Like all the dreams so far?
Or did I sense a rhythm deep inside?

Hold me in this dream, I'm safe within your touch.
You're everything I'll ever yearn for, it just so much to me,
Singing life inside like ecstasy in broken bells and cast off shells.

You turn me inside out, and breathe your life in me
Still waiting for my out breathe, underwater do we truly breathe?
In shadows, in a dream?

Look inside my eyes,
Brother/Sister/Lover, dear friend, we're under cover
Of the night, Still waiting to come alive.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Hi Unity_99 , the song "I won't let you go" tickled me, so strange I know, but couldn't help but laugh. She laying in the road, he lay with her and everybody else said "Hell, I'm tired too and sick of this crap", so, they all laid in the road.

I laughed, but I understood it. All those songs touched me in some way. Thank you. I hope we can come out from under whatever meloncholy this is, I'm on my way back to my silly, funny self yet again.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

He has a wonderful voice, its very special. I just discovered him due to the songs being posted. That one, how often do we notice the broken hearted, and overwhelmed around us and can we be there for each other? After all thats the human touch or even just spirit and soul.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by benedict9

With flattery like that, you just made the top of my christmas card list

Believe me if I had wings I would have flown the coop already lol But still, for your super duper sweetness to the max I give you song-- and I feel it's a special one because the word "stand" popped into my head from nowhere during a search and led me to it.

Hope you like, she has a powerful voice this one.

Hi, how are you? She does have a very powerful voice, I liked very much, Piano pieces are my favs. The one a page back was nice and the song Remember, Loved that one.

One day you will fly out of here, and you will fly right back to the light that sent you, but I'm glad you stay here
you are cherished and appreciated by me for sure.

I'll find a song soon.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

He has a wonderful voice, its very special. I just discovered him due to the songs being posted. That one, how often do we notice the broken hearted, and overwhelmed around us and can we be there for each other? After all thats the human touch or even just spirit and soul.

He certainly proved that point with that video. That's the message I got too.

I used to drive by our University Hospital everyday and noticed nobody crossing the road (very large hospital) had a smile on their faces, just dread, as one could imagine. It hit me then, "None of these *bleeps* are happy" I was laughing driving down the road and said "God, what am I worried about, nobody's happy."

The man with the brief case laid down first. Businessman was fed up!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Hi, how are you? She does have a very powerful voice, I liked very much, Piano pieces are my favs. The one a page back was nice and the song Remember, Loved that one. One day you will fly out of here, and you will fly right back to the light that sent you, but I'm glad you stay here you are cherished and appreciated by me for sure.

Hi there YOU
, feeling a little grounded but thanks for asking all the same hehe. I see you continue with the compliments now trading yourself up to some flowers and chocolates you sly thing you. I'll make sure that in 10-14 days there will be some poor guy at your doorstep complete in animal suit singing you the cheesiest musical selection I can abuse your ears with.

Seriously though, when I first heard the track was a piano piece I just knew it was meant for you and enjoyed it much myself, now saved in an ever growing list of bookmarks.

And just hoping the next trip is on a one way ticket to Home. We'll See hmmm.

P.S--if the company wasn't Good, I wouldn't be here. It's very much appreciated in turn.
edit on 29-11-2011 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The video to this track may not be everyone's cup of tea so hope it doesn't offend as it contains some images of same sex kissing. I include it on the merit of the tune alone by another talented Aussie artist.

Dedicated to someone who is going through a challenging time at the moment. Much Love your Way Blessed One. You are beautiful and recognised.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Hi there YOU , feeling a little grounded but thanks for asking all the same hehe. I see you continue with the compliments now trading yourself up to some flowers and chocolates you sly thing you. I'll make sure that in 10-14 days there will be some poor guy at your doorstep complete in animal suit singing you the cheesiest musical selection I can abuse your ears with.

Did it seem as though I was yelling with the YOU bit, I thought so later, but waited too long to change it.

Sweet of you, it's the thought that counts but I seek nothing in return, I've had enough pretentiousness, that word has been on my mind for a few weeks now, and was in one of your songs on last page, I want nothing and seek nothing. And it's easy to compliment you, hope it's not making you uncomfortable?

And, I like the company too. Thanks for saying so.
edit on 29-11-2011 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join