It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music that moves you

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
lil bit closer this evening

edit on 7-9-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Damn man, I am truly sorry to see that - what is the plan? Whatever it is - good luck and god bless.

CJ

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

it's out now but did start thinking "what ifs" it began to spread..yesterday looked much worse like the entire skyline towards the west coming up I35 through Austin, appreciate it
edit on 7-9-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Saw Robert a long while back...it was possibly one of the worst shows I have ever seen - he was BLASTED and made no sense - basically booed off the stage...cut to about three years later, he had sobered up, played all fan favorites and gave me an awesome experience! Good on him.

The three brothers in my family play "Merry Christmas to the Family" every year on that date, but I think I mentioned that before. Nice selections and hope all is well.

CJ

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The Mountain Goats have a ton of songs that fill me with emotion. John Darnielle is such an amazing lyricist. I've listened to plenty of Mountain Goats songs that I didn't like, but not many that were poorly written. If you've never heard anything by them, their albums All Hail West Texas and We Shall All be Healed are amazing. This song might be his best, though. It's not uncommon for it to literally give me chills. It's short and simple, but is open for interpretation and filled with little details. The '67 Colt .45 was the standard issue side-arm for soldiers in Vietnam..

Tom Waits might be my absolute favorite musician and songwriter. Again, it's details. His songs are so full of characters and places and objects. "Christmas Card From A Hooker in Minneapolis" is mindblowing in its sadness once you learn that the POV character is lying about her life. Everything you hear is the best things she can imagine having in her life. Some of those things are meaningful (a man who loves her baby even though its not his), some are just heartbreaking in how she can't think of anything (owning a used car lot, living above a dirty bookstore). The sadder things she says are probably true. It's a deceptively complex song that tells an incredibly emotional story.

There are too many Tom Waits and Mountain Goats songs that hit me like trains, but I'm going to throw one more Waits song in there because it's a beautiful song, with a beautiful sentiments, lyrics that are punishingly blunt ("All your cryin' won't do you no good (Come on up to the house)/Come down off your cross, we could use the wood") and border on pessimistic, but the repeated phrase is all about hope and shelter. The video is also incredible.

edit on 9/8/2011 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

...yep - many people fall into that trap... some never get out...

...five or six years ago (when mom was still somewhat lucid), my sister took her to see merle haggard play around here somewhere (cant remember which dive)... he was so drunk and incoherent that he was booed off the stage and people demanded their money back... poor old thang - helluva way to go but theres worser ways...

...i'm not a fan of merle's but my dad was a huge fan... me and big sis used to harmonize to this with him...

...the everly brothers was more me and sis's style when we kids... we still do the old songs but we dont sound near as good as we used too... when sis was in her 20s, she was so good she couldve rivaled linda ronstadt and, yes, i'm biased but not so biased that i wont tell someone they suck just cuz i love em, lol...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The entire score to this movie is moving. I personally feel this was one of the best and most misunderstood movies of the 90's...Helen Mirren is HOT!

CJ

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

...never heard of that movie... the color changes were interesting...

...that red hallway reminded me of a bathroom i did back in the early 70s... everything was red and i do mean EVERY THANG... threw a lot of parties back then and it was always fun to watch reactions (usually horrified) to the "blood bath"...

...the obnoxious fat guy made my trigger finger itch... does he get killed in the movie?...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The color changes are a big part of the movie, and your red bathroom sounds vivid!
The obnoxious fat guy is tame in the scenes above compared to the rest of the movie...it is actually a very difficult movie to watch...and the jerk fat guy gets his "just desserts" in the end. In an amazingly hideous way.

CJ

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

...sounds like a good movie to paint by - in shades of red, of course...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Another good score from another good film. Tragic and sad and wonderful and hopeful and maybe a little more sad.

I believe this to be a wonderful and amazing movie.

CJ

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Hippie music I only discovered through a documentary call "Dig!"...the last clip is interesting because you get to see the man behind it all (Anton) in his madness making his music...awesome that his bandmates were at dinner and he recorded this song by himself...(the last one)

CJ
edit on 11-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

...pan's labyrinth - yeah, that was a good movie... wouldnt mind seeing that again...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

...never heard of that band... sorta kinda hippie stuff (some of it)... that last video was so sad, gosh... his dad at least took his share of responsibility for not being there for his son - but - that mother, good grief, what a nightmare...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Yeah, that is a recommended movie - it won the sundance festival for best pic I think back in 2004? - Very sad messed up genious this guy is...here are some more from movies I like since that is an easy theme...

Edit to add: The actual song Devil may care:

CJ
edit on 11-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

...when you have time, check out this movie - its a keeper... the barber of siberia... but dont watch it via ats (screen is too little)... beautiful scenery, great music, often very funny, wonderful story...

video.google.com...

Google Video Link

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Tarja - I Feel Immortal

Tarja - Until My Last Breath

Tarja - Falling Awake (Music Video)

the SLoT "Dead Stars" (Official Video-English)

www.casttv.com...
edit on 28-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join