It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: "A strange realm of frothy magnetic bubbles" seperates Solar System from rest of Galaxy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
My favorite quote from the piece -

"We never expected to find such a foam at the edge of the solar system, but there it is!" says Opher's colleague, University of Maryland physicist Jim Drake.

read here for full story - NASA Science - A Big Surprise from the Edge of the Solar System

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well there's been alot of chatter about our solar system being quarantined from the rest of the universe for the sake of our own safety as developing Homo Sapiens...

Hey all you Sitchin lovers and Apocrypha afficiandos...

let's get the ball rolling on some end times biblical Bs right about now!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
Well there's been alot of chatter about our solar system being quarantined from the rest of the universe for the sake of our own safety as developing Homo Sapiens...

Hey all you Sitchin lovers and Apocrypha afficiandos...

let's get the ball rolling on some end times biblical Bs right about now!

HA! Its funny how that was the first thing to come to your mind, as it was mine too. I do wonder how this fits in to the Bible or the teaching of the ancients, after all, the Creator is indeed the Master Scientist! hahaha
GO GOD!!!!!!!

There....I started it for you. Your wish is my command!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

How many times is this story going to be posted this week? There are already 3 or 4 threads on it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well there has been talk about our reality actually being a computer program. Maybe SONY is behind the program... We all paid for the Earth / Universe package, and in typical SONY fashion, they sell it but dont have the Universe portion done yet.

Only a few million more subscribers from Earth and they should be good to go.

On a serious note, if they are magnetic, how come NASA has not detected them before? They can tell us about the atmosphere of a planet 20 light years away, but dont know there are magnetic bubbles at the edge of our solar system?

Maybe the magentic bubbles are what keeps solar systems away from each other in addition to answering th3e question of why the Jniverse is expanding. I would be curious to know if our Sol,ar system gives off a magnetic bubble of its own that is an opposite of the magentic bubbles found outside the solar system?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Isn't this essentially just the Oort Cloud? Really now.....

top topics

join