It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Snowfall Blankets African Desert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I came from the bank couple of hours ago, their computers were down. The man in charge told us the reason for that was last night storm, the interesting part was when he said all branches were down. Today my dog refused to go out for a walk, too hot I guess.

Let's say there is a 1% of chances that something we don't know is going on, just 1%.

Forgot to mention I'm in NJ.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boo1981

Originally posted by SpongeBeard
reply to post by boo1981

I'm very hesitant to jump on the global warming train as the cause of this.
No temperature rise has been recorded globally as of the present time, but climate change is a part of the world's history. No matter how far back you go, there is always climate change. It will always be here, and it will always be threatening the lives of everyone.

Maybe climate change will wipe us out before global warming can happen?

I don't think i mentioned "climate change or global warming" did i?
I never jump on that band waggon myself

In my opinion i feel that this is the normal thing for our planet to do. Some times species will be wiped out, sometimes they will survive. Im my opinion it is how us as humans can adapt to these changes and have more consideration for our fellow man and surroundings.

After all we are just guests on this beautiful planet.

Sorry! I posted that after JUST waking up, so I should've been more specific.
I was simply saying that I don't think it's caused by global warming, as people usually suggest is responsible for anomalies like this.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Another overlooked issue which may be contributing to the weird weather, are the axis shifts that have been prevalent with the recent, larger earthquakes.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ohhh snap!! Hell is freezing over....literally!

Seriously strange times, that is for sure. Zebra's would like that kind of weather...helps with camouflage.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s
Another overlooked issue which may be contributing to the weird weather, are the axis shifts that have been prevalent with the recent, larger earthquakes.

This is a very good point, and you're right... it has been overlooked. The Earth goes through many natural cycles in relation to it's proximity to the sun over time, and two of those cycles are a 41,000 year obliquity cycle, which results from the tilt of the Earth on it's axis, and a 23,000 year cycle which results from "climatic precession", or changes in direction of the Earth's axis relative to the sun.

These cycles certainly have a drastic effect on the warming and cooling of the Earth, as well as weather patterns. Imagine if the Japan EQ was responsible for causing what would normally occur over a 23,000 year cycle.
edit on 10-6-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I am only going to Namibia in December, cant wait!
Actually the desert can become surprisingly cold at night - even in summer, however the real unusual weather is the amount of rain at this particular time (it's not the rain season).

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

The global temperature variation is incredibly natural, and nothing is out of the ordinary range that Earth is used to. Perhaps you should consider getting less of your information from corrupt organizations, and their lackies who've signed on for their grant money.

The Earth is doing fantastically, get a grip.

You wanna talk about pollution, and I'm on your side. You wanna start talking about Earth being knocked off it's cycle by a bunch of fleas jumping around, and you're just gone.

There is NO GLOBAL WARMING CRISIS. There never was. Get that.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
2012?

I heard on the news that today the Scandinavian country's have unusual hot weather about 24degree Celsius.

Curious pasterns and very rare.

Yes, we had some pretty hot days here in Sweden this past week. It was actually around 30 degrees Celsius.
There were even trombs (small tornadoes) here and that is very rare (no one killed but several injured).

The last two winters were record cold and now this heat in the summer all of a sudden.
I get the feeling that the seasons gets more and more extreme.
When it used to be cold, it's now record cold and when it used to be hot it's now record hot.
When it used to rain it is now flooding and when it used to be windy it's now stormy.

When I looked at the weather map yesterday it was hotter in northern Sweden (above the pole circle) then in Turkey!
Weather has been really strange the last two years...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is obviously another ytube hoax to discredit global warming

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The solar stormne is supposed to cause weird weather through the 12th. I am thinking weird stuff happening to our sun is the cause of most of the changes.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I can't help but laugh in all honesty.

'Normal' weather now is mostly one freak occurance after another.

When do we admit there has been a change?

Although the hurricane season is only officially starting, there was a warning a couple months ago about un-seasonal tropical depressions showing classic patterns.

Hurricane season shiifting to the spring...nice.

When will it be too much to deny away? The weather has changed, now what?

edit on 10-6-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpongeBeard

No problems

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It snowed there in 97... Like with 99% of "freak" weather patterns the same explanation follows

Youtube wasn't around back then

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
wow is all i can say this is amazing it reminds me of the freak storm that hit the over half of the united states all but two states were suffring the ice and snow might i say im not a snow gal i kinda dont like it

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Go argue your climate change denial with these two hundred thousand plus scientists from these international academies and scientific organizations:

en.wikipedia.org...

Here are a few out of the over 50 on this list -why don't you dig up their numbers so that you can call them and tell them they are all fools and that Fox News and it's journalists tell ya it ain't real!

American Association for the Advancement of Science
As the world's largest general scientific society, the American Association for the Advancement of Science adopted an official statement on climate change in 2006:
The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society....The pace of change and the evidence of harm have increased markedly over the last five years. The time to control greenhouse gas emissions is now.

American Chemical Society

The American Chemical Society stated:
Careful and comprehensive scientific assessments have clearly demonstrated that the Earth’s climate system is changing rapidly in response to growing atmospheric burdens of greenhouse gases and absorbing aerosol particles (IPCC, 2007). There is very little room for doubt that observed climate trends are due to human activities. The threats are serious and action is urgently needed to mitigate the risks of climate change.

The reality of global warming, its current serious and potentially disastrous impacts on Earth system properties, and the key role emissions from human activities play in driving these phenomena have been recognized by earlier versions of this ACS policy statement (ACS, 2004), by other major scientific societies, including the American Geophysical Union (AGU, 2003), the American Meteorological Society (AMS, 2007) and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS, 2007), and by the U. S. National Academies and ten other leading national academies of science (NA, 2005).

American Institute of Physics

The Governing Board of the American Institute of Physics endorsed the AGU statement on human-induced climate change:
The Governing Board of the American Institute of Physics has endorsed a position statement on climate change adopted by the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Council in December 2003.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
least the good old zebra has some form of camouflage now. the world is a weird weird place and it looks as if its only going to get weirder

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

wow!

there is no doubt that last year and this year have been weird for weather and climate all over the world
in south australia we usually have very hot summers and fairly cold winters, this year we had an extremley cold and abnormal summer and a freezing winter..
im wondering what next summer will be like..probably very very hot

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth1aus
least the good old zebra has some form of camouflage now. the world is a weird weird place and it looks as if its only going to get weirder

Benito Mussolini would say: "I'd rather be a zebra than a lion. Poor lion, can't see his meal!!"

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9
reply to post by Tephra

Go argue your climate change denial with these two hundred thousand plus scientists from these international academies and scientific organizations:

. . .

One thing I can say on ATS . . . follow the money.

But let's just ignore all the evidence that this is just a money making scam., because it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Oh, and by the way . . . opponents of Galileo were at a consensus too. Look how well that turned out.

edit on 6/19/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by Stratus9
reply to post by Tephra

. . .

One thing I can say on ATS . . . follow the money.

But let's just ignore all the evidence that this is just a money making scam., because it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Oh, and by the way . . . opponents of Galileo were at a consensus too. Look how well that turned out.

edit on 6/19/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

Just imagine the billion upon billions industrial companies lose out on because of lowered carbon emissions. The money people make from supporting man made global warming is a drop in the bucket compared to the money industry is losing. Well countries that signed the Kyoto agreement.

So I don't know what your worried about, about people making or losing money off global warming? Is that all that matters?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join