It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leicester City Council 'not ready' for zombie attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Leicester City Council 'not ready' for zombie attack

www.bbc.co.uk

A worried member of the public has forced Leicester City Council to admit it is unprepared for a zombie invasion.

The authority received a Freedom of Information request which said provisions to deal with an attack, often seen in horror films, were poor.

The "concerned citizen" said the possibility of such an event was one that councils should be aware of.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I'm not sure what is more worrying: that Leicester is not prepared for a Zombie attack or that someone used the Freedom of Informations Act in order to find out? I did like the admission that some element's of the council's emergency plan "could be applied if the situation arose".

But the question is, are any other British towns any better prepared? I think we should be told!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

i think its more significant that the " concerned citizen " is " concerned " that the city is unprepared for zombie invasion

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I wish I had something more humorous to add to this, but these 2 quotes pretty much got it all covered! ♥

I'm not sure what is more worrying: that Leicester is not prepared for a Zombie attack or that someone used the Freedom of Informations Act in order to find out?

i think its more significant that the " concerned citizen " is " concerned " that the city is unprepared for zombie invasion

Just so I can add something, I'll say - I for one am looking forward to a zombie apocalypse

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssanBut the question is, are any other British towns any better prepared? I think we should be told!

why - are you going to move to the post code " best prepared for zombies " ??

yeah - screw everything else :

unemployment rates

housing availiability / costs / quality

schools preformance

hospital standards

crime rates

public transport

air quality

access to ammenities

etc etc etc

pick the place that claims its " ready for zombies "

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Here is some advice for preparation in case zombies attack. But I highly doubt there will actually be real zombies at all. This probably an excuse aimed at people participating in non-violent civil unrest, which the puppet government fears. So they use zombies to portray peaceful protesters as zombies for not following the elites plan.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d73dd3c3e2be.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 10-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Maybe they are using zombies as a codeword for (anti-government) protesters in a shtf-situation?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This is just comical. I wonder if the individual is just trying to get a rise out of people, I sure hope so.

Our government has a plan for a hostile extraterrestrial invasion, should one ever occur, do we really need to waste more money coming up with a plan for mythical/completely made-up creatures? Might as well implement a gremlin protection plan and a boogie man response council.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Would anyone really mind if Leicester was rampant with zombies?
Does anyone REALLY want to go there?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Maybe the council just went to a Leicester City home game.

There are about 25,000 unthreatening zombies at the Walkers Stadium every fortnight !

edit on 10-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Would anyone really mind if Leicester was rampant with zombies?

Can we be sure that it isn't already rampant with zombies?

But let's not overlook the serious side. If the CDC in the US posts informations about zombies on its website then maybe the authorities in the UK should as well?

articles.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Zombies is such a harsh word.
I prefer "Breathing Challenged" or "Living Disabled".

Since they only eat brains and the flesh of the living, would they be considered part of the Green Party?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Its a very good form of recycling dead people, perhaps they should be herded up and put on huge hamster wheels with a picture of Simon Pegg in front of the wheel connect the wheel up to the grid and you've got free zombie power.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
So one top of being prepared for natural disasters, government terrorism, global meltdown, we now need to prepare for fictional monsters as well? Really? Damn I better start making silver bullets, stake shooting crossbows, and garlic necklaces ASAP!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The UK has already been invaded by zombies... we call them "politicians."

I can haz puppy brainz?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I started a thread based on this report a few hours ago here:
Leicester City Council 'not ready' for zombie attack! What would you do if it happened?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I love this story.

It's a case of, we all have our own zombie plans, the council should have to!

...I might ring my council later and ask if they have any. You know. Just for piece of mind.

If they don't, I could easily make them one...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Aw come on guy and gals. I was born in Leicester. If you have ever been there, you will realise that the zombies took over the city in the mid-seventies. You only had to walk around the Haymarket Centre on a Saturday morning to see that. Zombie invasion? Too late mate.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Maybe this could be their thing. Zombies could be a hugh tourist attraction.

Oh man, I just had a brilliant idea. I'm starting a Zombie Game Preserve. $1000 lease, no limit.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Don't worry if it happens this might help

How to Survive a Zombie Attack

Or this

How To Survive a Zombie Apocalypse

Hope that helps in a what if situation stay safe man

S+F

Thanks

new topics

top topics