It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain Nabs 3 Anonymous members for Global Cyber Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Spain Nabs 3 Anonymous members for Global Cyber Attacks

Spanish police arrested three suspected computer hackers who allegedly belonged to a loose-knit international activist group that has attacked corporate and government websites around the world, authorities said Friday.

A National Police statement identified the three detainees as leaders of the Spanish section of a group that calls itself "Anonymous."

A computer server in one of their homes was used to coordinate and carry out the cyber attacks on targets including two major Spanish banks, the Italian energy company Enel and the governments of Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Iran, Chile, Colom
(visit the link for the full news article)
abcnews.go.com...
edit on 10-6-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I think there is a place in society for rebellion and activism. And I prefer the mostly non violent methods of Anon, and I do think they tend to reflect the direction ''power" is heading...Information......meah in the 60s they had love ins, in the 70s they marched, in the 90s we hand grunge

We always get given a enemy to fear...The reds under your bed, The Muslims, in 2 -3 years internet control will become different, they are flinging around terms like cyber terrorism....hackers will be the new evil...because hackers have to ability to hurt.....

Wander how long till being part of Anon makes you a terrorist......

Full story
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

wheres the link?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

A computer server in one of their homes was used to coordinate and carry out the cyber attacks on targets including two major Spanish banks, the Italian energy company Enel and the governments of Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Iran, Chile, Colom

So these highly skilled computer geeks were stupid enough to leave all this information on their OWN server???

Yeah and I believe in the Tooth Fairy..

The CIA or whatever agency is involved seriously need some new script writers...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Id say that it doesnt matter if it IS anon members or Script kiddies, its the message thats going to come from this

the new bad guy......

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

So these highly skilled computer geeks were stupid enough to leave all this information on their OWN server???

The alleged anon members?

Are you saying anon is a highly skilled computer group of geeks? As opposed to the random conglomeration of any and everyone who does something like this?

Odd.

Yeah and I believe in the Tooth Fairy..

yeah, random people who do things but use an umbrella name, are silly. Nothing to worry about, hbgary, paypal, psnetwork, whatnot....

The point is, these guys are as much anon as you are - just on a level that surpasses posting on a forum.

The CIA or whatever agency is involved seriously need some new script writers...

Funny, day after day I read people calling for action in their various ideas.... and yet everytime it happens, the same people say it's a hoax - that it's the guvmint behind it.

If they're too good - must be govmint, who else could it!
If they suck at it, lol how sorry the guvmint is, they can't even do it!

irony...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hey,

Just thinking out loud here but if I had super hacking skills and was looking to make a statement against and give a proverbial two fingers to the powers that be, would I not be spending my time trying to get my quick fingers on goverment secrets-then releasing them to the public?
Like what they did to that security firm guy...

I know Wikileaks is there but how much of that is actually credible?
Is Anonymous really doing relevant stuff or just messing?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Did you actually read the bit I quoted??

Do you honestly believe they were clever enough to hack into all those sites, including Government sites, but stupid enough to leave all the evidence on a physical server??

It's sorta like an undercover FBI agent keeping his badge in his pocket..

Anyways, you have your opinion and I'll have mine OK..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

A computer server in one of their homes

"Glaring at unused PC in room."

Hmmm...

I agree with the panther, why leave physical evidence?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Aren't they just suspects until found guilty?

Makes a great Headline Worldwide though.

WE CAUGHT THEM!! Sign up for the new Play Station Game.. All clear.

At least the other hackers will be more careful now...

Maybe go to a library and sign in as Anonymous.

That'll trick those detectives from Interpol.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
I think there is a place in society for rebellion and activism. And I prefer the mostly non violent methods of Anon, and I do think they tend to reflect the direction ''power" is heading...Information......meah in the 60s they had love ins, in the 70s they marched, in the 90s we hand grunge

While agree that there is a place in society for rebellion and activism, I see the tactics of some hactivists as a sort of e-violence. Many are not victimless crimes. I do have to wonder what gives them the right to be judge, jury and executioner. Some of the tactics I've seen employed under the guise of Freedom of Speech actually infringed upon the free speech of those they oppose. that being said...I think the genie is out of the bottle...

Full story
abcnews.go.com...

While agree that there is a place in society for rebellion and activism, I see the tactics of some hactivists as a sort of e-violence. Many are not victimless crimes. I do have to wonder what gives them the right to be judge, jury and executioner. Some of the tactics I've seen employed under the guise of Freedom of Speech actually infringed upon the free speech of those they oppose. that being said...I think the genie is out of the bottle...

edit on 10-6-2011 by pandora0629 because: formatting

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Just like how do you know computer viruses are not created by virus protection companies! Same thing!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
3 down.... 3 million to go...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
A well planned raid in Langley, VA, could potentially capture hundreds of "anonymous" members, in the act.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
with the uk planning 25% cuts to personell in the public sector, i am wondering how many of the unfortunate are hotshots on a terminal. maybe the gubbermint already thought of this and has decided to sack all the cleaners instead of waking up a large disgruntled unemployed angry potential monster who in their eyes could cause no end of bother. liam fox announcing £650m for cyber sword fights. here we have a figure that will evolve in increments similar to that of cyber fraud imo. could it possibly come down to gmint issued terminals that possess one big button?
f
edit on 10-6-2011 by fakedirt because: s

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by soundofathousandbirds

They already have a lot of the info, but they are not sharing, still not sure why yet ... If they are what they say they are there is no reason to hold onto this info, so why not release it unless there is money, power or CIA involved.

Do some searches for underlying hacking traits that point to the same style, mail server > emails > passwords > hellooooo daddy!

new topics

top topics

join