It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leicester City Council 'not ready' for zombie attack! What would you do if it happened?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I saw a news story this morning and it gave me the idea for this discussion. What would you do in the event of a zombie outbreak? Here's the situation you find yourself in.

Friday June 10th, 2011
10pm News are reporting a car crash victim running wild in a hospital 50 miles from your house, stating that police were called and there have been some fatalities.

11pm News repeat earlier report with a reporter on the scene. No official spokesman is available from the police or hospital but the scene in the background looks more like a riot has taken place.

12 Midnight The news are just rerunning the earlier report.

Saturday June 11th, 2011
4am News are reporting rumours of riots 20 miles from your home.

6am News has a helicopter filming what they refer to has riots in the streets only 5 miles from your home.

Remember, just because the news is only reporting the incidents away from your house doesn't mean things haven't already spread to your area, so think about where you live, where is this place 50 miles from your home? Where will you actually be? Are you even at home? In the case of people reading this after, think about where you were?

Now consider how long it might take for the outbreak to reach you?

What do you do? Where do you go? How? Who's with you? You have to be realistic to you surroundings. You might be in the middle of a big city, in which case it's likely the streets will be filled with the undead. Perhaps you're in a small village, how bad could it be there?

While explaining where you are and what you'd do, if you have access to a TV or radio or any form of news feel free to tell us how you believe things are progressing.

Finally, the sort of zombies we are talking about are the slower moving ones, however, are there circumstances where they become faster? That's up to you, but certainly the innital recently dead will be slow moving zombies.

Oh and finally, here's the article that got my brain working this morning!

Leicester City Council 'not ready' for zombie attack

A worried member of the public has forced Leicester City Council to admit it is unprepared for a zombie invasion.

The authority received a Freedom of Information request which said provisions to deal with an attack, often seen in horror films, were poor.

The "concerned citizen" said the possibility of such an event was one that councils should be aware of.

"We've had a few wacky ones before but this one did make us laugh," said Lynn Wyeth, head of information governance.

The Freedom of Information Act allows a right of access to recorded information held by public authorities.

Ms Wyeth said she was unaware of any specific reference to a zombie attack in the council's emergency plan, however some elements of it could be applied if the situation arose.

Other submissions to the council have included requests for records of paranormal activity and haunted buildings within the city.

"To you it might seem frivolous and a waste of time... but to different people it actually means something," said Ms Wyeth.

"Everybody has their own interests and their own reasons for asking these questions."

She added high-profile cases, such as the MPs expenses scandal, has raised public awareness of the right to request information records.

Ed Thurlow, who runs zombie website Terror4Fun, said he felt a zombie invasion in Leicester was highly unlikely.

"I think perhaps [the "Concerned Citizen"] has watched films like 28 Days Later a few too many times."

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If this ever happened, I would probably go grab all the guns and ammo I own, and retreat to my roof. I'm pretty sure i would be asleep at 6 am, so hopefully the zombies would skip my house until about 10. I would also take a whole bunch of food, and water up with me because who knows how long this could last. Worst case scenario it turns out like the movie zombieland, where there are essentially no people left. I guess killing zombies could be fun for a week, but after that the lack of contact without people could suck. And that article you posted just made my day. That person who challenged the city seems like a true badass

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 85inalaska
If this ever happened, I would probably go grab all the guns and ammo I own

Leicester is in England - you wouldn't have any guns.

For the same reason you would never be 'up in arms' over anything your government does to you.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

For the same reason you would never be 'up in arms' over anything your government does to you.

This is indeed correct, however the question was based around where you live be it Leicester in England or Pleasant Grove, Texas.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

Put a Post It note on your fridge door so you can see and read it as an affirmation every single time you go to it!

"Must stop eating aspartame, watching TV Talentless show's of distraction and get real, grow up and get a life"

it's people like you that have a degenerative effect on this fantstic forum, with your dillusional mind set, begging for attention.

Note to MODS: Please close this pathetic childish thread, thankyou

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Oh my bad. I thought it meant wherever we live. I live in alaska, so pretty much everyone owns at least 1 gun. But if I wasn't able to use a gun that would make it a lot harder. I guess I would just grab anything that can be used effectively, like a hammer, or knives
edit on 10-6-2011 by 85inalaska because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 85inalaska

I did mean where you live, the other poster misunderstood.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I wouldnt be so sure. There is a gun culture in the UK so all the hoodrats would be able to uprise

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If i was ever bitten by a zombie id bite it back, see how he likes it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
One word:

Machete.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
As I posted in the other thread relating to this:

Aw come on guy and gals. I was born in Leicester. If you have ever been there, you will realise that the zombies took over the city in the mid-seventies. You only had to walk around the Haymarket Centre on a Saturday morning to see that. Zombie invasion? Too late mate.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kushin

i'm just not sure why you have to be a nazi about this... ever checked the general chit chat forum? if it annoys you simply ignore it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
man i have often fantasized about this. guns guns guns. but you would probably die. zombies are ruthless. but if you did have access to weapons in the beggining stages of the crisis you would be more prepared to forage for food more weapons etc. yet another reason we should have the right to firearms. at any rate, zombie apocalypse is on my radar as a possible doomsday scenario.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
people if you live in the uk run to the chunnel and goto france pick up some guns and ammo

and then come back and start making it rain lead.

take the high ground and give no reprieve to those dead and making them deader.

the only good zombie is a deader zombie.

its funny more people beleive in a zombie outbreak than their governments ever failing.

however if you prepare for a zombie outbreak you pretty much cover most shtf scenarios.

top topics

join