It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Steals the Show at Faith and Freedom Conference

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
he usually does steal the show. i hope he does well at the upcoming republican debate.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Then I think it is quite apparent that you failed to read the link supplied by the OP, because your suspicion is clearly addressed.

Ron Paul's recent appearance and the reaction of his audience reflect a growing trend among evangelicals who see the erosion of the constitutional right of freedom of religion to be the new threat. "This is no longer about Christians trying to force prayer in schools or an end to abortion," a famous televangelist told me. "While we have been busy talking about those things we have had the constitution stolen right before our eyes. This is now about whether or not we have the right to worship freely. The battle is now over the constitution itself," he added. Last year Ron Paul was criticized by some Christian leaders for defending the rights of Muslems to build a mosque in New York City. Libertarians, who defend the congressman, point out that less than 1 percent of the American population is Islamic. 76 percent are Christians. If the government is given the power to decide where and when a house of worship can be built, then the Christians, not the Muslims, will suffer most. In recent years, Christian pastors and denominational leaders have grown frustrated as state and county governments use zoning boards to block the construction of new churches, keeping the land on the property tax rolls. In some of the largest counties in America, a new Christian church cannot be built. "More and more Christians are seeing the critical importance of Ron Paul's message," says Brian Jacobs, a former consultant for the Billy Graham organization. "If we compromise the Constitution, even to promote something we want, in the long run, we are undercutting ourselves."

So the evangelicals embracing Paul is strictly for their own interest, nothing more. Still, Ron Paul would be a complete idiot NOT to take advantage of the opportunity to get their votes. The goal is to get Paul into office, it is not going to happen by excluding a group who had previously snubbed him. Sometimes people have to be ready to receive the message, clearly the evangelicals are now ready.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Yes, he wants a smaller Fed Gov, but not for
the reasons he is stating. But for the
entrance into the NWO.

You are being sold barbed wire
and told it is cotton candy.

You are being led to slaughter sheeple.
Wake up to see the mind freak in progress.
the elites have ALL their bases covered.
Do you ???

Thought provoking post boon and made me remember some quotes.

I think TPTB learnt their lesson with JFK and would never let a man become President who will not do their bidding.

If Ron Paul is against TPTB and looks like winning he`ll be stopped and we will then know who he stood against imo.

Some of the quotes...

David Rockefeller
"This present window of opportunity, during which a truly peaceful and interdependent world order might be built, will not be open for too long - We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order."

George Washington
"It is not my intention to doubt that the doctrine of the Illuminati and the principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more satisfied of this fact than I am.
link to more quotes- quotes.liberty-tree.ca...

Franklin D. Roosevelt
'... in politics nothing is accidental. If something happens, be assured it was planned this way.'

'We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a World Government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries.'
- David Rockefeller, founder of the Trilateral Commission, in an address to a meeting of The Trilateral Commission, in June, 1991

link to more quotes- www.truth-it.net...

Enslavement with the mark of the beast is their ultimate goal.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's weird, but I have found myself agreeing with Ron Paul more and more. I saw a video of his in which he basically took the position that the government should not legislate morality. Some really tricky scenarios were presented to him, which should conflict with his values. But he resolutely replied that, no, government should not intervene in these cases, on principle.

I have to question that though. When I look at the US with its founding values, I see a lot of abuse that goes on in the name of freedom. Look at the Westboro Baptist church. Their right to do the terrible things they do, upheld by the highest court in the land, in the name of freedom. I have to wonder, if this kind of thing were really allowed to continue its course, what would be the cost? If people were really "free", what other atrocities would be permitted in the name of that freedom?

The US is also a country with a very vast separation between the poor and the rich. I have literally walked from a multimillion dollar mansion for five minutes down the road to areas where residents could not afford to have a heater for the winter and froze to death. There is this kind of heartless attitude in the US, "you aint getting no handout from me". So there's a real dearth of human compassion at one end of the spectrum and a real lack of education at the other (and everything in between of course). So I question whether the US is actually ready for freedom. In nations where there is a consistent standard of education, health care, wealth distribution and so on, it might work. But I just don't see high crime areas becoming anything but even higher crime areas, and poor areas becoming even more poverty stricken and exploited if the government stop intervening so much. In short, I am not convinced the people are ready to pick up where the government leaves off.

I also question what would happen to the economy if Ron Paul were elected. He was a strong advocate of the Fed being audited, and seems to want the Fed to end. As much as I agree with him on this point, I cannot see this happening without much pain if it happens quickly. The entire world economy may go into a deep and sustained depression without the US economy continuing as it currently is. It might do that anyway of course, but doing what Ron Paul seems to be advocating may just hasten it.

Finally, when you hear Ron Paul talking at these committee hearings on the Fed, he talks a lot. He maybe even likes the sound of his own voice. He comes across as somewhat conspiratorial and even sounds like he is raving without any particular direction in what he is saying. He's still a somewhat sharp guy, but he is getting old, and I am unsure if he is sensible enough to be a solid president.

Having said all that, ultimately, I still find myself agreeing with the guy on a lot of his basic policy positions. He might be a disaster if he got in. But he just might be the disaster that the US really needs.

When you visit the US you realise that it is the only country in the world where every second commercial is for a pharmaceutical drug or a lawyer. Everyone is medicated or suing someone. The supermarkets have three aisles of sugar products. Bread contains sugar (or more likely high fructose corn syrup). You have to ask for "diet water" otherwise it too will have sugar in it. Even tomato sauce (ketchup) has the stuff in it. And everyone eats out all the time. This is the country that gave us McDonalds, KFC and Coca Cola. Everyone suffers from migraines and takes pills for it. Everyone drives and everyone catches a plane, even to go a few hundred kilometres. People ride around in little motorised scooters because they are too fat to walk any more. You hear about shootings every other day in the big cities. And yet, everyone in the US seems to not realise that this is not how the rest of the world is. In fact, many people from the US seem to be so patriotic that they cannot bear to hear their country talked down. They think it is a good thing that the US interferes in world affairs in just about every country. They think it is a good thing that the US is the world's only superpower. Even the religion is tainted with domestic politics. Most people have no idea what Christianity is about and think it is some kind of US political message. You go to church to hob nob with important people.

Of course I am exaggerating to the extreme here. But these are the sort of things you notice when you visit the US. It's a fairyland and everyone there seems to be under some kind of spell. Primarily people need to get themselves educated and learn about the world around them. Ron Paul might just be the shock the US needs. But again, I am so certain that the majority of the US population is so under the influence of the media that I am just as confident that someone like Ron Paul hasn't a chance. For all the thinking and waffling and television and debate that goes into US politics, the US public seems intent on inflicting more of the same on themselves year after year after year. Precisely what they are being programmed to do.

In case anyone should take offence at what I wrote, please don't. I'm colouring it up because if I don't do so, cultural blindness, which affects all of us, makes it impossible to see the things about our own culture that are so very wrong. They are obvious to the rest of the world, but not to us because we are brought up and indoctrinated with it every day of our lives. At least here on ATS people are prepared to examine other viewpoints. Cultural norms are challenged and the media and government are not upheld as examples of all things good. People around here do not just swallow whatever they are told. So please don't be offended. I'm not trying to offend your culture. I have just as many bad things to say about my own culture. But it is only by travelling outside my culture that I have been able to see it for what it is. All cultures also have good aspects, and the US is no exception. I'm just painting a negative picture because it is what I notice the most when I visit the US. It sticks out as being odd because it is not like that elsewhere. I have many good memories of the US too from back in the day when I still visited the US (nowadays I don't because I do not agree with the wars, the US interference all around the world, the TSA groping, the treatment of whistleblowers, extraordinary rendition, torture, imprisonment of so many people in US prisons and many other things).

I hope Ron Paul gets in, and I am glad he can speak to people with and without faith and make sense to them. But I still don't think the US is ready for him. There's too much security fear and financial selfishness to be dealt with. Until people are able to calm down and be generous, I don't see the US as being ready for the type of liberty Ron Paul wants to bring about. I think it would lead to chaos.
edit on 10-6-2011 by XtraTL because: typo

edit on 10-6-2011 by XtraTL because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I used to support Ron Paul until this...
Now that I see he's willing to pander to the same war-mongering, fear-mongering crowds that were gullible enough to believe that Sadam Hussein was directly involved in 9/11, I bet...he's probably willing to pander to any crowd, regardless how ridiculous they may be, if it means he'll get more votes.
Ron Paul may show one face to one crowd, and the other to another. I don't like two faced politicians...Had enough of those already.
America is made largely of the frightened and ignorant. People will turn to fairy tales, food, football, etc to avoid facing the truth. Any politician has to pander to the crazies. They are the majority.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
As much as Id like to see Paul as our President, I really dont think it can happen. Trump is their ace in the hole. He was used to discredit the BC issue and the moment he did he backed out of the race. He was infact leading polls when he got out.

If Paul begins to pull support Trump will be used again to even the odds and ensure a second term for Obama. The game is rigged from the start.

Now this doesnt mean you shouldnt vote for Paul. JUST DONT VOTE FOR TRUMP!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Too bad he doesn't control the media. I have a feeling Oprah is going to run for president.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I starred & flagged ya. Can't really add anything here cause Ron says it all

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Paul wants to downsize the Fed Gov.
Would that not completely fall into the plans
of a NWO gov?? No Fed Gov but opts for
a world government to replace it ??
Yes, he wants a smaller Fed Gov, but not for
the reasons he is stating. But for the
entrance into the NWO.

You are being sold barbed wire
and told it is cotton candy.

What are you on boon??

Most want the Fed gone and a smaller Fed..
Also the troops back and our freedom via the constitution..

What is Ron Paul suggesting that you ACTUALLY disagree with??
I've seen many of your posts..
His thoughts seem to reflect yours yet you can him..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
at the least, if nothing else
RP brings the real issues out in the open.

from there
people are going to have to figure something out
one man isn't going to do it
it takes a republic

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
where did all the Matrix Breaking R3volutionaries go?

Value Voters Debate 2007

Reagan Library 2008

Libertarian Campaign Speech 1988

"Current Conditions Or Just A Bad Dream" Special Order

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Mis, Thanks for this post.

I've been hoping for the best with Dr. Paul. The man gets it!

For gods sake, he named his son Rand out of respect for the work of Ayn Rand.

Granted, she was a bit of a mad genius but hey, still a genius!

Anyone that reads Atlas Shrugged, was influenced by it (positively) AND a politician?

Yeah. He's my man (or if a lady came by, she would be my Lady
)

I kinda like Henry Cain at first...til I found out he was a former fed member. Cain's pizzerias made a throw down pizza!

Hearing scuttlebutt about our "governor good hair" about to run. god I hope not. He'll be a one step back 2 forward type progressive. He's not been a friend to Texas on some pretty hairy points.

He was wanting to mandate vaccinations on our girls with Gardicil. I know of one young girl that is now sterile because of it. Hers was due to her dumbassed mother!

We shut his ass down on that!

He did pass some pretty screwed up business taxes also....particularly SMALL business.

The border? yeah.

Trans Texas Corridor? Aint dead yet. Just changing names.

Several of our highways (paid for) now being turned to tollroads? One of these is pretty much the only way in OR out of one town. The Colony I believe. Its bad.

Unless we get Dr. Paul or similar in office THIS time, the "great experiment" will face a crisis that will make the "War of Northern Aggression" pale by comparison. The one thing this time....North and South will be on the SAME side of the rifle! I'll stand by my yankee neighbors! I'll even stand with the California nuts!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I don't care who you are. If you don't vote for Ron Paul or Rand Paul in any type of election, or state or president.. You are a home grown terrorist, just like Obama.

My Edit: If I could I would of voted for Ron Paul over 17 years ago.
edit on 10-6-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Brother Boon,

I hear you. You do have some points.

I only know what the man says.

The one thing we ALL know is this,

without a SERIOUS change,

it really doesnt make a rats posterior

who gets it..

We WILL go to hell.

With caution, I'm still backing Dr. Paul.

If he's a traitor, he'll reap those rewards

from his maker.

He does seem to good to be true.

As far as no gold? After the SHTF, who's to say

what IS here isnt used? Mine more! Silver?

hell, we can back it with bubble gum if someone is

willing to take it. We have a lot of stuff for a different

basis. Oil?

Of course, we'll have to fight the chinese for that. I

think that is what we have been backing our loans with

and why we arent allowed to pump and explore as

we used to. Its not "ours" anymore.

ADDENDUM:

I think I would question Jesus Christ if he showed up and said he could "fix" it all. I'd wonder first off "is this cat real?" and second, "man, he can do some far out weird tricks....wonder if he's working with Pixar?"

edit on 10/6/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Dr Paul is the Gorilla in the room that none can deny now.

The giant standing behind him has rubbed the last bit of sleep from his eyes and is about to shove him into foray.

His shield of truth and honor is covered with 40 million blades of grass.

The faces. Oh, the faces.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
To me, he represents the existence of people like him.

If there wasn't a ron paul, I would probably be an arrogant Obama supporter right now.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

well it doesnt really mean much to me. partially because im not american but.

+1 for RP. with that statement

"I don't think we need a king," Paul told the audience, "and we don't need Washington to act as if they're the king of this country."

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Nice post. Star for you.
2nd line.
edit on 11-6-2011 by DyingBreed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
To me, he represents the existence of people like him.

If there wasn't a ron paul, I would probably be an arrogant Obama supporter right now.

call me a noob but why hasn't he gone farther in 30yrs?

cause he is a fringe nut job.

my neighbor was a lib and he ran over my dog without stopping, my daughter watched it.

i shot his dog when it came to crap on my lawn.eta; again

sorry buttmunch, you stop beating your wife yet?

don't get me started on libertarians, i am not a fan.

edit on 11-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

That's like stealing the show at the Planet of the Apes. I wouldn't brag about him stealing the show with that group of Cro-Magnons.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join