It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Steals the Show at Faith and Freedom Conference

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Link

Paul reminded his audience of the Biblical story of 1 Samuel chapter 8 when the Israelites demanded a king and God warned them what would happen. They would be burdened with taxation and the king would take their sons away to die in distant wars.

"I don't think we need a king," Paul told the audience, "and we don't need Washington to act as if they're the king of this country."

His speech evoked the largest applause and cheers of the day.

Not only is Ron Paul a libertarian champion, being able to demand a large following of liberty minded individuals, but he is also able to bring in the more evangelical crowd and not by condemning gay marriage, endorsing prayer in school, etc... rather by actually citing parts of the Bible to defend his values. That I believe places him well above the rest without isolating secular individuals.

Bill Spiegel, a former member of the Senior Bush President's Economic Council and the Southern Baptist Liaison for George H. W. Bush, says, "Much of the money that was going to evangelical lobbies in Washington is now going to Ron Paul. And the Christian leaders in Washington have been taken by surprise.

Perhaps running your mouth about how government should be doing far more is not what Christians, specifically Evangelicals, truly want. Maybe if they recognize the dangers of enlarged government to their right to worship they may wake up from their slumber and realize the state is more of a threat than a friend to their cause.

Perhaps his biggest applause came when he told the audience, "We have, as a people, lost our confidence and our understanding of what true liberty is all about and where it comes from. It doesn't come from the government. Our liberties come from our creator."

And that my friends is what our Founding Fathers said and what I truly believe.

Ron Paul 2012.
edit on 6/10/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Perhaps I'm just bias but I would give you an applause if I could! Well done! I have never met a person who could support Ron Paul and still be a sheep. It takes doing true research to even find out about him, as the MSM does their best to ignore him. If they do let him on, they spin it so bad the people who believe them, think badly of him.

I have posted many times on Huckabee's facebook. A lot of the evangelicals were supporting him but I don't believe his faith was ever legit. Far be it from me to judge his level of salvation, but his fruits in my opinion, did not represent true faith.

Ron Paul is getting a lot further and a lot faster this time. The number of his supporters grows daily. I'm excited to see him get past the Republican nominations and then defeat Obama in 2012. The other GOP candidates are knocking themselves out of the race without any assistance needed.

I'm with you! RON PAUL 2012

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You can count on Ron Paul to always keep it real. Hope he wins but have my doubts after all the corruption I saw in the 2008 campaign.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Ron Paul always speaks from the heart...
He is a true representative of the people..

We should support him and ANYONE sharing his values...

ONE Ron Paul is not enough to change the system...We need more..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It almost sounds like evangelical America is finally realizing it has been cutting off it's own nose to spite (smite?) others. This is good for two reasons. One, they are getting a dose of their own medicine and, two, they might actually support a candidate that is not a complete bigot.

It sounds like Dr. Paul said the right things again. He is proving that America is tired of comfort expressions and pop-rhetoric. America is ready for somebody to just talk plainly and he's doing just that. Unless somebody else does that, he's looking pretty promising in my book.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I don't mean to be a stickler, but your second quotation appears (as presented) to be attributed to Dr. Paul, but is actually an anonymous evangelical. Here's a longer snippet showing that:

"This is no longer about Christians trying to force prayer in schools or an end to abortion," a famous televangelist told me. "While we have been busy talking about those things we have had the constitution stolen right before our eyes. This is now about whether or not we have the right to worship freely. The battle is now over the constitution itself," he added.

But thanks for sharing this, and I do agree that it really will take all types of freedom loving people, both religious and secular to form the kind of coalition necessary to elect Ron Paul. Hopefully it can happen this time. He has my vote, both primary and general, if possible.

Wish there was video!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by joechip

Thank you for pointing that out, I corrected it.

Also thanks to everyone who has posted a response so far. I have enjoyed reading all of them.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I used to support Ron Paul until this...
Now that I see he's willing to pander to the same war-mongering, fear-mongering crowds that were gullible enough to believe that Sadam Hussein was directly involved in 9/11, I bet...he's probably willing to pander to any crowd, regardless how ridiculous they may be, if it means he'll get more votes.
Ron Paul may show one face to one crowd, and the other to another. I don't like two faced politicians...Had enough of those already.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the guy for the job and would have had my vote years ago if I was American

But I just cannot see him being President of the US,if he looks like even getting close to winning I think he`ll have an accident.

Wrap him in cotton wool and vote Ron Paul.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Now that I see he's willing to pander to the same war-mongering, fear-mongering crowds that were gullible enough to believe that Sadam Hussein was directly involved in 9/11, I bet...he's probably willing to pander to any crowd, regardless how ridiculous they may be, if it means he'll get more votes.
Ron Paul may show one face to one crowd, and the other to another. I don't like two faced politicians...Had enough of those already.

Ron Paul has never in 30+ years pandered to any crowd, His message has been consistent and never wavered in all that time. You obviously know very little about Ron Paul and its doubtful you were ever a supporter.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Ron Paul shows one face to all crowds, yes he gives speeches to many people to try and get them to see his point of view. I'm not really sure what your talking about.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Here is the speech referred to in the OP. Watch it and judge for yourself.

I am a firm believer in not listening to what articles to tell you. Do not listen to what the news tells you a candidate is all about. Find out for yourself. Even though I support Ron Paul 150%, these same principles apply. Find out for yourself

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

well why don't you guys draft him?

he can practice there.

staying out of other peeps biz is one thing but staying out of sight is another.

that's why i am not a fan.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

well why don't you guys draft him?
he can practice there.
staying out of other peeps biz is one thing but staying out of sight is another.
that's why i am not a fan.

I wish we had him here in OZ..

But then maybe I can come to the US illegally and vote for him anyway..
Isn't that how Obama plans to win??

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Ron Paul should be cloned so one can be the President and the other can be the Federal Reserve Chair...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
Ron Paul should be cloned so one can be the President and the other can be the Federal Reserve Chair...

Although I like where your coming from, I have to make the point that the Fed has got to go, being in the Fed doesn't change the globalist nature of it. But I'll give you a star for supporting Ron Paul.

edit on 10-6-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Thanks for posting that vid.

The tone and focus were indeed tailored to the audience, however I saw nothing at all inconsistent with his oft-stated views.

He focused much more on issues that resonate with a Christian audience, but that only makes sense. With liberty at the center of his message, while this particular speech didn't appeal to me personally, I could see possible common ground with a group that no doubt have often voted in exact opposition to my own voting record.

This is good politics.

Let's get him elected!
edit on 10-6-2011 by joechip because: grammar

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

You clearly know very little about Ron Paul. If the second face that is pandering to the crowd is the face that says he is against abortion... well than you need to do more research. Ron Paul has always said that he is against abortion, but he has also stated that it is an issue the Federal Government has no business in and the decision of weather abortion is legal or not should be made by the States and that the Federal Government should stay out of it.

In my opinion he is right. The decision on abortion should be left to the States. If you believe abortion is wrong, you can feel free to move to a State that shares your view. If you believe abortion is not murder, than you can also move to a State that shares your view. That is the beauty of State Rights and allowing the State to let the voters of that State decide how they should live. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself who knows more about how people should live life in California.. the people who live there, or some group in Washington D.C. 2700 miles away?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by joechip
reply to post by MrWendal

Thanks for posting that vid.

The tone and focus were indeed tailored to the audience, however I saw nothing at all inconsistent with his oft-stated views.

He focused much more on issues that resonate with a Christian audience, but that only makes sense. With liberty at the center of his message, while this particular speech didn't particularly appeal to me personally, I could see possible common ground with a group that no doubt have often voted in exact opposition to my own voting record.

This is good politics.

Let's get him elected!

Yes it is clear to me as well that his focus was on this Christian audience, and why should it not be? If I am speaking to a group of Christians, I will speak about the issues that they can relate to and that they care about. If he was speaking to Mexican voters, I would imagine it would be more about Immigration. To me that is common sense and as long as what he is saying stays true to his freedom loving values, I have no issue with what he is saying. I have been paying attention to Ron Paul for a decade now, I have not seen any inconsistency at all. For me that puts him heads and tails above every other Politician I have seen in my lifetime.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

hell ya! just will cost ya about 3k to ride in the back of a semi for 48hrs and hopefully your family

don't have any money to extort. if you don't have to walk.

if you make it here alive and not make the news in a year or two, via mass grave, you pretty much can do it!

or just fly in and book a room at the hilton.

better yet, just take him! you guys be the #1 whatever in the world.

edit on 10-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join