It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Mankind Eat the Dead?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I love the avatar. they are beautiful.

off topic i know sorry. I dont know id rather starve to death than eat anything not fried or dipped in cheese
Im an american.
i kid i kid, but i would rather die than eat people.
edit on 10-6-2011 by reesie45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Didn't mad cow disease come as a result of feeding cows burgers?

Just asking.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Remember we are not talking about killing for food, just eating the already Expired.
Imagine everyone there is right now a very very very scary Ecoli danger imagine if the whole food chain is contaminated within two years.
then it is discovered Humans once dead for some obscure reason are not a danger to eat, but every other food source alive or dead is.....would we not eat the dead?

Iam betting we would......not because we are monsters but because logically we would be churlish not to.
I would stop eating any meat now if the government said that if the majority gave up eating meat no animals would in the future be slaughtered.
I would eat potatoes rice nuts ect and probably feel better, but if all those things were unedible due to virus /bacteria killer threat, and there was no animals safe to eat /what would any of us do?
Would we watch ourselves our loved ones slowly turn to skeletal beings?...whilst millions died of old age?
Ask ourselves this....and know this.
Millions of us die every year ( ok lets be honest millions of us with black skin die every year from starvation.)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
More or less, yes. Feed a cow a cow (or sheep). Probably a cow.

The most common mode of infection is via feeding cows contaminated feed -- feed that contains animal proteins (from sheep or cows). Researchers are still studying modes of transmission and if heredity/genetics plays a role in an individual animals susceptibility to, or protection from, acquiring this disease.
reply to post by Antiquated1

vetmedicine.about.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Remember we are not talking about killing for food, just eating the already Expired.

That sounds good but in Capitalist America I see something else. Someone will have a profit to make from rendering the dead into food. We all know that when a corporation gets big enough to be greedy, and all the best ones do, they find more interesting ways to increase the bottom line.

How long will it take before the people that sell soylent green have lobbyists in washington doing away with healthcare benefits for the poor, elderly, wounded vets, etc. altogether. Looking at pharmaceutical companies and electronics companies and energy companies gives me little hope that the dead people to food companies will magically be a moral and altruistic entity

Of course that is just my opinion.

reply to post by joechip

Thanks. I was not too sure but I thought I had heard that. I was really too busy eating undercooked meat the whole time to really pay attention I think.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Thanks to all who took the effort and time to think about something that may or may not eventuate in the uncertain future.
You know when I was young my favourite pudding was spotted dick (after apple crumble) make s me wonder now where all those foreskins go?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
i heard we taste like pork. bbq human ribs sound kinda appetizing. or a chunk of ham made from human thighs sounds good also.

S&F OP.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

IIrc, we're so polluted these days that we class as a bio hazard and are poisonous, so this might not be the way to go, I wouldn't mind seeing the prosthetic parts recycled and our chemical constituents used for fertiliser or other useful things after we die, cremation is so energy intensive and, again iirc, produces dioxin.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

Why thank you they are my best buddies, and my wifes entourage/bodyguard service.

Two things I just won't eat humans and dogs, not neccesarily in that order though.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Similar to turkey ham or turkey burgers.
A flavored alternative meat, I guess it would be possible.
The highest obstacle I see in this is not flavoring but the psycological fight.
Think of Joe Dirt, this is not my sister, this is not my sister.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Most of the time (when I am not eating a fat juicy steak) I wonder why I am even eating meat. So, to get to the point where I would be consuming humans. Nah. Not going to happen. Eating bugs? Nope. Rabbits? No. If I was starving then yes to the rabbit. But that's it. I would munch on a handfull of pine needles before a dog or squirrel or rabbit. Weird thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Have you never noticed that carnivores don't eat other preditors. There is something about the eating of meat which makes their fresh distasteful.

If you think about it, men do not eat many preditory species either. Even though we cook our meats first.

But, when all is said and done, I would think that eating a dead human would be far better than eating a live one.

From what I have seen they tend to kick and screem a lot. This in itself would lessen my appitite.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
People keep bringing up mad cow disease and kuru. This is only an issue if you are consuming brain and nervous system tissue. I don't think there is any evidence at all that points to eating muscle tissue as a cause for either. So just don't eat brains or spinal cords.... most probably don't want to either.

Personally I have no problem with eating people. Obviously killing people for food isn't that nice of a thing to do, but in a hardcore survival scenario.... No rare man steaks for me though, you never know what kind of disease someone has, I'd only eat some extra-well done human.

Eating old people, or athletic people would probably be awful. Some really fit person might look more tasty than some 400lb slob who sits around snacking and drinking beer all day, but that really fit person would probably be tougher than the worse beef jerky you've ever had. No, you want to eat a 400lb beer drinking lazy dude. He would be nice and tender. Not too old, either. Everyone knows the older the animal the worse its meat is.

Oh dear that made me sound like I have some experience with this sort of thing. I can assure you I don't, but I have definitely given it a lot of thought and talked with friends about it. Not hunting people for food, but eating humans in a severe SHTF scenario.

I once burned my hand extremely bad with a soldering iron. I had a high-powered iron that I THOUGHT I had unplugged, after waiting half-hour or so for it to cool down, I picked it up by the iron end. I didn't even feel it burning me for about 2-3 seconds, it actually just felt kind of cold, which metal would when sitting around in a cold room. Then I smelled an interesting smell, followed by a horrible pain in my hand. The burning man flesh didn't really smell like pork exactly, although it was kind of similar. The closest thing I could think of is a turkey-burger that was burned slightly with a hint of pork rinds. Actually smelled kind of good to be honest. Now, of course this was just skin burning, so maybe our muscle tastes more like pork, but yeah. I don't really know where I was going with this story, other than that human flesh smells pretty tasty when being "cooked"

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
reply to post by Dr Expired

I have always thought athletic looking legs appeared to be the most appetizing. Especially if they have a nice tan to them, kind of reminds me of roasted turkey legs...I don't find pasty skin appetizing however, call me a racist if you must.
As far as eating our dead...well...I wouldn't eat anyone related to me, that would be my limit. But I do think it would be a great idea if the recent dead were used in meat production, but obviously..it would have to be marketed as beef, pork or chicken because I doubt most people would go for it.
If this will help reduce animal cruelty in meat production...I would back it 100%
edit on 10-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

Soylent green eh, what if they put a catchy label on it?

Its nice to see all the potential cannibals come out on this thread. Gives me a clue on who to avoid in any possible shtf situation. So you saying that if you recently ended up dead you wouldn't mind being minced up and used for food at the local McDonald's, and meat markets? Is that what your saying?

To the op's topic> Nah that's nasty, and not good for you. Eating your own kind turns you retarded, plus eating to much meat is really not good for you. I probably wouldn't even do it in a do or die end of the world situation, such as that depicted in the book/movie "the road". Besides there is always something else to eat, and bugs and plants are sometimes way more nutritious then meat of any kind.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
no, prions will attack your brain.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Its nice to see all the potential cannibals come out on this thread. Gives me a clue on who to avoid in any possible shtf situation. So you saying that if you recently ended up dead you wouldn't mind being minced up and used for food at the local McDonald's, and meat markets? Is that what your saying?

Well it does have potential marketing value.
Instead of sliding up to the Mcdonalds drive thru and ordering a supersize Big Mac meal, we could order a Big John.... a Big Fred ....a Big Shirley....a big Ziggy, a Big Osama, a big obama , supersize meal.
If they sell out of Freds theres plenty of variety on the menu.
I think its more obscene to have overweight people put into the ground to make worms fat than having fast food takeaways say in Ethiopia that sell dead humans...but perhaps Iam wrong , but that is what this thread is for to discuss and entertain a very possible future scenario.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Seriously there are some people on ATS that I swear could be closet serial killers.........

No kidding...I know many say stuff in jest...but I get the feeling that some (maybe more than I want to believe)
are a little more twisted than they actually let on.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of a joke. Two canibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says, "This tastes funny."

Aside from the social and moral taboos surrounding this subject, I personally would rather starve. Unless I become a zombie. Then all bets are off!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Thanks to all who took the effort and time to think about something that may or may not eventuate in the uncertain future.
You know when I was young my favourite pudding was spotted dick (after apple crumble) make s me wonder now where all those foreskins go?

yes..I'm sure you got your daily dose of entertainment from it
now run along and go eat some spotted dick.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Whats sick about it?No more sick than eating an animal. I understand moral taboos, and probably wouldnt partake. But I dont think someones a danger because they accept others would do it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join