It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Mankind Eat the Dead?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Just atttempting to think outside the box, and not neccessarily wanting to open up a can of worms.
I was reading in Australia they are banning live export of Cattle to the kind Abbatoir workers of Indonesia...could we not greatly reduce the cruelty of slaying cattle by us Humans eating the departed?
Refrigeration technology would enable us to snap freeze those who pass on efficently and perhaps in a portable mobile package.
Millions die every year we would perhaps have ample meat for all including third world nations, and the cows could roam the fields free and happy until they die of natural causes?
I know it sounds macabre but perhaps in the future man will look back on our practices of burying and cremating the dead as waste?
Millions die from starvation as millions of corpses are consumed by maggots...I wonder what the starving think?
Think about it...its not so outlandish an idea as we may first feel.
The government would have to legalise the whole process, but it would save animal suffering and save the starving ?
I personally could not see myself eating Smoked Torso and rice , or Curried Testicles as examples of future Restauraunt manus....but perhaps with the Ecoli outbreak where vegetables are killing humans we may be forced to?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I have always thought athletic looking legs appeared to be the most appetizing. Especially if they have a nice tan to them, kind of reminds me of roasted turkey legs...I don't find pasty skin appetizing however, call me a racist if you must.
As far as eating our dead...well...I wouldn't eat anyone related to me, that would be my limit. But I do think it would be a great idea if the recent dead were used in meat production, but obviously..it would have to be marketed as beef, pork or chicken because I doubt most people would go for it.
If this will help reduce animal cruelty in meat production...I would back it 100%
edit on 10-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

because once people see each other as a food source there is no telling how they will act once they get hungry.

Instead of helping the weak and elderly the lazy will be following them around with a knife.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

There are a long line of alternative protein options I would choose before going to your suggestion.

Some bugs, for example, are supposed to be quite tasty. I'm certain there is little shortage of them.

Yikes! What an awful thread.

edit on 10-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I think that for one would be incredibly unsafe. You think ecoli is bad what do you think is brewing in us?! Secondly are you serious? I think we as humans are quite a long way from this! Good luck to ya and check out you local food bank first.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Honestly, if the person ok's it, I see no problem.Is it weird? Yea, but to me, so is eating worms and frogs. We're animals like any other. The only problem is, though, humans can't handle human meat as well as others.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

I have always thought athletic looking legs appeared to be the most appetizing. Especially if they have a nice tan to them, kind of reminds me of roasted turkey legs...I don't find pasty skin appetizing however, call me a racist if you must.
As far as eating our dead...well...I wouldn't eat anyone related to me, that would be my limit. But I do think it would be a great idea if the recent dead were used in meat production, but obviously..it would have to be marketed as beef, pork or chicken because I doubt most people would go for it.
If this will help reduce animal cruelty in meat production...I would back it 100%

This is encouraging ,as far as tricking people into viewing it as chicken and pork and beef perhaps the marketing company could call it wink wink Beef ,pork ,chicken ect?
You could have Colonel Sanders winking in neon as he exalts one and all yo try his new spicy wink wink chicken balls?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Just finished Soylent Green eh...

But seriously as others have said there are better options for sustainable protein. Bugs being the most cost efficient, rabbits or other animals that require little amounts of food and reproduce rapidly. Im sure there are tons of more appealing options on the table we just aren't considering everything.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by siren8

because once people see each other as a food source there is no telling how they will act once they get hungry.

Instead of helping the weak and elderly the lazy will be following them around with a knife.

There there dear let me help you cut your meat? wait Nan I will get a us a sharper knife/

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

Seriously there are some people on ATS that I swear could be closet serial killers.........

Even entertaining the thought is horrible..........much less the issue of disease and issues with damaging the human brain because of the consumption of human meat......

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Ingesting your own species, not only disrespectful to most people on the planet. it also opens a big health risk. One main disease would be similar to mad cow disease in cattle. Others of course may be related to why the person died and or undetected illness. This was shown in Soviet Cannibalism WWII cases.
edit on 10-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: more

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder (brain disease) that is a type of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy, caused by a prion found in humans.[1] The term "kuru" derives from the Fore word "kuria/guria", 'to shake'.,[2] a reference to the body tremors that are a classic symptom of the disease; it is also known among the Fore as the laughing sickness due to the pathologic bursts of laughter people would display when afflicted with the disease. It is now widely accepted that Kuru was transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via cannibalism.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...(disease)

I would think probably not a good idea. Besides this one disease, there are others, and even species close to each other, ie. apes and humans, can transmit diseases rather easily that other species, less close genetically don't. Besides, I have also read that most humans wouldn't pass FDA requirements, due to unhealthy lifestyle...ie., smoking, pharmaceuticals, bad diet, etc...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Yeah but the problem in indonesia goes deeper then that..
for a start the abattoirs were funderd by the australian goverment as a part of traing programs

We've funded abattoirs and infrastructure projects in Indonesia to process our cattle,

and the reason they stopped it is animal cruelty..

www.news.com.au...
www.abc.net.au...
as for eatting human flesh, well that depends on your culture dosnt it...if you live in a civilized country it would make you a monster
if you lived in the jungles of Papua New Guinea
well that might be ok 100 years or more ago. but then you wouldn't be talking to us now n the interwebz
(which i did for 5 years and im still here, lived in PNG)
i wouldnt eat people for the same reasom i waont eat dog. i love them too much, and once i name something i cant eat it.

did some one order soylent green?
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

I think that for one would be incredibly unsafe. You think ecoli is bad what do you think is brewing in us?! Secondly are you serious? I think we as humans are quite a long way from this! Good luck to ya and check out you local food bank first.

Think outside the square perhaps a bit more.
We brutalise feeling creatures and put them through feelings of betrayal and terror just before death(they knew us as creatures that fed them and looked after them....now they are seing their loved ones slaughtered as they wait for the pain to come , all caused by us humans.
Then we eat them.
Miillions and millions every day cruelly executed, just as coldly as Stalin killed by the millions.
Millions of us in the next year will die, our organs may or may not be released to help the living but the rest of our corpse is fed to the worms or barbecued.
Millions of humans die agonising preventable deaths from starvation(yes it is still happenning folks) what would be the greater good?
What would be the lesser evil?
Big questions that one day in the future may have to be adressed?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by caballero

Yes your right, grasshoppers actually for protein to C02 output and land use etc versus cattle beat them nearly 10 to 1
so if we really wanted to save the world, we would turn the cattle farms into grasshopper farmers.
only problem i see is how do you do a rodeo on a grasshopper ?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Seriously there are some people on ATS that I swear could be closet serial killers.........

Even entertaining the thought is horrible..........much less the issue of disease and issues with damaging the human brain because of the consumption of human meat......

Im with you on that one MBTM... wow. As if there arent a plethora of other things to consume. For me its culturally and morally repugnant... not to mention the documented health issues concerning it. I have found when ATSers start talking about eating the dead.. if you ask them if you will be allowed to eat their children or family members.. they kind of gloss over that part of the whole issue. Eating strangers and the children of strangers seems much more palatable... pun intended. For someone who seems so disturbed by the thought of animals being slaughtered the OP cant figure out the same would be done to people.. the whole process made unwholesome and cruel..Fellow human beings who are seen as not useful, ill, too old, or defective and only serviceable by feeding the superior ones. Someone has not factored in human nature and the evil of men in this wobbly outside of the box thinking. Also someone has not read one bit of history concerning this issue.

Well, I guess we could make an exception for politicians when we are starving though.. maybe.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Id imagine the human meat to be the most vile disgusting and toxic meat on earth. Or maybe thats just the Americans. Who knows ive never tried it.
Better question, how long would it take for a 500 pound man to eat a 300 pound man? And how many calories would it be?

edit on 10-6-2011 by reesie45 because: typo

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The same thought has crossed my mind many times in the past.

In a SHTF scenario, depending on which one it is....say a comet strike or something that destroys the majority of plant life on the surface.

Humans that have sheltered underground and survived would return to the surface scavenging for supplies of food.

Once that food supply has been gone, there'd be little else left but to succumb to the natural instinct of cannabilism in order to survive.

Yes, remote possiblity but since we are entertaining the thought.......

Has anybody ever done a analysis of human flesh to compare the nutritional value of it against chicken/lamb/beef/pork?

I know the topic disgusts many, if you dont like it, change threads......

Also, wouldnt the cooking of the flesh kill almost all/any bacteria that may be in it?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Mmmmmmhm how bout a rump roast off a nicely tanned yoga instructor!!
Well the animal kingdom will eat their dead sometimes, why not us.
Naw, it still seems wrong, I'll just stick to dead cows, chickens, pigs, fish, Etc.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Also, wouldnt the cooking of the flesh kill almost all/any bacteria that may be in it?
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Not bacteria you have to worry about, it's prion diseases or transmissible spongiform encephalopathies. Like in mad cow disease. Not destroyed by heat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join