It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy against those who want to be Jewish.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Let's put it this way.

Never go to an ancient Israelite potluck.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Hey dude,

me again, you seem to know ur ship so Ill ask you.
Is the stuff in the video true? does the talmud really say that sort of stuff? are they perhaps mistranslations? or even blatant BS?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I'm pretty far from a Talmudic expert. The exact passages quoted do seem to exist - at least, those i bothered to check. However there are a lot of counter-points that state they're out of context.

My opinion? it's garbage from some religious book, and is no different from garbage from any other religious book. Hinduism's Rig Veda, Islam's Sunnah and Hadith, pretty much everything Paul wrote into the Bible... same crap, really. "We're #1, screw those other guys"

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
One thing I could never understand was how "being Jewish" could be both a religion, a race and a nationality.
To my knowledge, no other religion claims this. To the rest of the world these are all separately distinct things.
edit on 6/10/2011 by dethduck because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I think OP just wants to convert to judaism for the jokes. Like the dentist played by Bryan Cranston on Seinfeld

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

It is unusual, but not unique.
With the Jews at least one can convert through a process.
There are many forms of religion where you cannot arguable fully convert without some racial admixture from that group.
Some Rastafarians will not allow white converts (in SA at least), some of the Nordic pagan groups will not admit non-Germanics, and good luck waking up feeling you want to be a Native American shaman, and you're not even American! You'll probably never get a passport based on your faith in other beliefs.
Then they just call you a "wannabe"!
The current Western ideal of non-racism in the major religions is the exception rather than the traditional rule.
And even in religions that pay lip service to non-racism, there are still racial issues - have we seen a black pope?

In some other faiths you remain a semi-convert, always being questioned.
Even in ISKCON only devotees with "Indian bodies" may enter certain temple spaces in India.

In Judaism you can join, but if you're born with a Jewish mom, you are never considered a non-Jew, even if you follow another faith.
So in that sense it is a race from birth, but you can convert.
Discrimination against Jews has also never been clear on racial or religious definitions.
Even Jews who converted to Christianity during the reconquista could still be called before the Inquisition.
One has to consider the history of whatever one joins.
In Islamic countries apostasy once you are a Muslim is even a crime.

So the mixture of race, religion and nationality is not unusual.
In fact, even in nominally "Christian" countries the "correct" mixture is more likely to get you in as an immigrant.
Not unusual at all really.

In the US and other countries with religious freedom you can convert and begin the process.
There's nothing stopping you, and no conspiracy.

edit on 10-6-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pastafarian
I think OP just wants to convert to judaism for the jokes. Like the dentist played by Bryan Cranston on Seinfeld

Nay that would be way above my deviousness level ,but when I was a kid I did wonder where the ingredients came from in my favourite pudding "Spotty Dick"....no one would tell me why it was called this....wonder why?
I doubt "spotty dick would be kosher?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Actually it could well be kosher.
It has no meat from an unclean animal (or as a dessert, it doesn't have any meat).
For "suet" one can use a kosher or vegan/vegetarian alternative:
answers.yahoo.com...
Amazing how carcass-lovers must always name dead flesh in a way that hides what it is - like "suet".
Basically it's the lard (fat) around the kidneys.
It doesn't have to mix milk and meat
No fish without scales.
I'm pretty sure it's kosher, and can be baked in a kosher kitchen.

edit on 11-6-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join