It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Admits Plans to Inject Aerosols into Stratosphere

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
A related note:

NASA has recently been trying to study the effect of aerosols on the atmosphere using the Glory satellite aboard the Taurus launch vehicle. They have attempted two launches of this type of satellite (Glory and, previously, the Orbiting Carbon Observatory), and both have failed at the same point during the launch: The nose cone failed to separate. This is interesting because after the first failure of the OCO, NASA completely replaced the nose cone mechanism and thoroughly tested it.

NASA has assigned a team to investigate the failures but they claim there is no reason to suspect "foul play." I personally am suspicious, though. As this thread proves, aerosols are a sensitive topic in the scientific community right now, particularly for big businesses such as oil and coal, and there could be a lot of money involved in the success or the -failure- of such a satellite. It is also interesting to me that the British are talking about plans regarding aerosols, and there also happened to be British involvement in the failed OCO program.

Glory satellite

I'm not going to claim anything with certainty, but I do think there is a lot of reason to be suspicious. There is a lot at stake with these aerosols, and it seems odd to me that NASA could screw up a simple satellite launch twice in a row, with the amount of experience they have.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Magnus47 because: ATS link formatting sucks

edit on 11-6-2011 by Magnus47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

Successful launch of a climate study satellite.
www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 6/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I read a brief blurb about that this morning, but I didn't think it was the same program as the Glory satellite. From the sound of it, this one studies salinity in ocean water, while Glory was meant to study aerosols. Still, it's refreshing to see that NASA's climate change program is back on its feet.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Magnus47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarlitosAmsel
If WE dont find a way to make this criminals legaly accountable for their crimes, we will end up with a totaly messed up atmosphere. Who are they to believe, they can just change the compostion of OUR atmosphere at will ???

You know the saying, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I wouldn't worry about trying to stop it going the legal route. That's why they resort to covert military operations whenever "they" want their dirty work done anyway. They're not going to put you in a position where you can do anything about it, if they can help it. They have to have some plausible deniability.

On the other hand, you do have the power to look up Wilhelm Reich's research into orgone, which was eventually confiscated and burned/destroyed by the FDA in the 1950s as much as they could get their hands on any of it. It was one of the most notable cases of censorship in US history. He claimed the ability to restore natural weather patterns with his devices and was even paid by farmers for bringing rain during a drought in Maine when none was expected.

Reich used the cloudbuster to conduct dozens of experiments involving what he called “Cosmic Orgone Engineering (C.O.R.E.).” One of the most notable occurred in 1953. During a long drought that threatened the Maine blueberry crop, several farmers offered to pay Reich if he could bring rain to the parched region. The weather bureau had forecast no rain for several days when Reich began his cloudbusting operations. Ten hours later, a light rain began to fall. Over the next few days, close to two inches fell. The blueberry crop was saved, and in local newspaper articles the farmers credited Reich.

The Injunction

In February 1954, the FDA filed a Complaint for Injunction against Reich in the Federal Court in Portland, Maine. The Complaint declared that orgone energy does not exist, and asked the Court to prohibit the shipment of accumulators in interstate commerce and to ban Reich’s published literature which they claimed was labeling for the accumulators. ...

In Maine, several boxes of literature were burned, and accumulators and accumulator materials either destroyed or dismantled. In New York City, on August 23, 1956, the FDA supervised the burning of several tons of Reich’s publications in one of the city’s garbage incinerators, including titles that were only to have been banned. Among the materials burned were:

* Orgone Energy Bulletin (12,189 copies)
* International Journal of Sex Economy and Orgone Research (6,261 copies)
* Emotional Plague Versus Orgone Biophysics (2,900 copies)
* Annals of the Orgone Institute (2976 copies)
* The Oranur Experiment (872 copies)
* Character Analysis
* Cosmic Superimposition
* Ether, God, and Devil
* Listen, Little Man
* People in Trouble
* The Cancer Biopathy
* The Function of the Orgasm
* The Mass Psychology of Fascism
* The Murder of Christ
* The Sexual Revolution

This destruction of literature constitutes one of the most heinous examples of censorship in United States history.

www.wilhelmreichmuseum.org...

Obviously the federal government felt threatened by something Reich was publishing to go out of its way so far to launch disinformation campaigns (falsely claiming all his literature, from work in psychology to physical experimentation, was "labeling" for his devices), ban his books, and even round up all of them they could find and physically destroy them.

There have been several generations of researchers since Reich that have followed his work and developed it, though. If there is any thing practical we can do about weather and climate manipulation, to try and restore natural patterns, this is the best I can see.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Got a real source, or better yet, a government record? You know, rather than a site making daft claims about a man they idolize?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I can sell you fairy dust for just $38 that will counter all the effects of chemtrails

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

So if we all get orgone generators we can fight the geoengineering proposals?
Is that your point?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
Got a real source, or better yet, a government record? You know, rather than a site making daft claims about a man they idolize?

How about the Encyclopedia Britannica?

Facts about censorship: United States, as discussed in Wilhelm Reich (Austrian psychologist):
...to 1960 many of his writings and his equipment were seized and destroyed by FDA officials. In the 21st century some considered this wholesale destruction to be one of the most blatant examples of censorship in U.S. history.

www.britannica.com...

You've been given sources for this information before but I suppose you enjoy intentionally spreading disinformation.

Originally posted by Essan
I can sell you fairy dust for just $38 that will counter all the effects of chemtrails

Argument from mockery, eh? And I can undo my pants, turn around, bend over and show you exactly what I think of your offer.

edit on 11-6-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Did you miss this part?

Reich's theories were wrong, and injurious to the public. So the first thing they[the fda] got was an injunction against him publishing them.

And he published them anyway, so they burned them.

I seem to have forgotten that healing people with crystals fiberglass and pieces of metal is science.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Did you miss this part?

Reich's theories were wrong, and injurious to the public. So the first thing they[the fda] got was an injunction against him publishing them.

No, I've been well aware of the FDA's position. Are you making another argument from authority or something?

It isn't the FDA's job to censor literature. This isn't Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia.

I seem to have forgotten that healing people with crystals fiberglass and pieces of metal is science.

What do you think medical equipment today is made out of? Metal, plastic, and quartz silicon semi-conductors, etc. Used for irradiating people, dialysis, EEGs, etc. etc.

Otherwise that might be a half-decent argument from incredulity, even though it would be a fallacy regardless.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

So you're comparing devices made from physical material that actually work on principles of physics to pieces of rock, and metal that have never been shown to do anything?

I can safely say that orgone energy has never healed anyone. Seeing as how it doesn't exist. If it could, it would change science as we know it.

The FDA regulates all medical claims, go look on your vitamin labels.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

So you're comparing devices made from physical material that actually work on principles of physics to pieces of rock, and metal that have never been shown to do anything?

That would be another argument from ignorance. I shouldn't have to explain to you what measures the government has taken to obviously suppress any such research, despite the fact that it has been ongoing in the hands of a few individuals you can find online anyway.

I can safely say that orgone energy has never healed anyone. Seeing as how it doesn't exist. If it could, it would change science as we know it.

You would just be safely arguing a logical fallacy.

The FDA regulates all medical claims, go look on your vitamin labels.

And works like "The Mass Psychology of Fascism" fall into the same category as nutritional labels according to you? Why don't you go pander to Nazi history revisionists for a change? Book-burning is incompatible with any free society.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
What do you think medical equipment today is made out of? Metal, plastic, and quartz silicon semi-conductors, etc. Used for irradiating people, dialysis, EEGs, etc. etc.

But they can actually be shown to do something. Unlike orgone equipment, which is basically inert lumps of stuff. For example, one of these actually produces a result, and the other does not.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
But they can actually be shown to do something. Unlike orgone equipment, which is basically inert lumps of stuff. For example, one of these actually produces a result, and the other does not.

This is a total argument from ignorance. There has never been a fair investigation into orgone energy. The FDA banning and burning all of Reich's work and destroying all of his devices doesn't exactly constitute a fair investigation, either, unless you're a Nazi.

The basic accumulator is really no different than a large electrical capacitor where the dielectric is replaced by organic material.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

This is a total argument from ignorance. There has never been a fair investigation into orgone energy. The FDA banning and burning all of Reich's work and destroying all of his devices doesn't exactly constitute a fair investigation, either, unless you're a Nazi.

The basic accumulator is really no different than a large electrical capacitor where the dielectric is replaced by organic material.

Uh did you hear about Einstein's investigation of Orgone energy? He totally burned Reich.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

So why can't it simply be demonstrated to work, after about 80 years? You don't need "a fair investigation" - you just need a demonstration.

It's very easy to demonstrate that a CAT scan works - you don't need an investigation, just show that it works.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Uh did you hear about Einstein's investigation of Orgone energy? He totally burned Reich.

Oh, nice, he "burned" him. What's next, Reich will get served too?

And Nikola Tesla talked a lot of trash about Einstein, and Thomas Edison talked a lot of trash about Tesla. Oh, snap!

Argument from authority noted.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

and where electricity is replaced with orgone, so really actually entirely different.

You might as well say a sandwich is like a transistor where the base is replaced with a testy filling.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Argument from authority noted.

And Ted Gunderson is what exactly? More authoritative than Einstein?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

So why can't it simply be demonstrated to work, after about 80 years? You don't need "a fair investigation" - you just need a demonstration.

Well let's start with what happened in the early 1950s. Let's see... FDA seizes all of Reich's work, including work that has absolutely nothing to do with medical treatments and deal with the psychology of fascism, etc., burns everything they can get their hands on, destroys all his machines....

It's very easy to demonstrate that a CAT scan works

A CAT scan isn't even a treatment. Try radiation therapy, an actual treatment, and suddenly your argument falls apart. It often doesn't work and even makes people sicker because of the fact that it's irradiating their bodies. Again you live in an imaginary world where everything that's true is already well-known and anything that isn't well-known is therefore automatically false. This is also a fallacy. You spend hours on here repeating this nonsense but never take the time to consider what sense it actually makes, apparently.
edit on 11-6-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join