It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian to Recognize Libya Rebels - WTF?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Australia to Recognize Libya Rebels

AUSTRALIA is about to recognise Libya's rebel opposition as the nation's legitimate representatives.

Fairfax newspapers report Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd is expected to make the announcement early this morning.

Mr Rudd will say the Australian government recognises the rebel Transitional National Council (TNC) as the "legitimate interlocutor of the Libyan people", the newspapers said.

Other countries, including Britain, Italy, France and Spain, have already recognised the TNC and have broken links with the government of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi.

A high-level Australian delegation will reportedly travel to the Libyan city of Benghazi next month, where the rebels are based, to meet TNC representatives.

WTF ?

First we are told that we don't know who exactly the rebels are. We are told they have been infiltrated by "Al-CIA-da" and that some of them even admitted that they fought against the US Forces in Iraq.

Now we are recognizing them as the legitimate representatives of Libya? Get outta here

No one has given a definite assesment of who they really are. Yes we know the west is supporting them, but even the US hasn't recognized them as the legitimate representatives yet.

Is this Kevin Rudd, Australian Foreign Minister own little project? He was very vocal at the start to immediate involvement against Ghadaffi and air strikes.

What if these rebels are actually the US/Saudi mercenary forces? Does that mean then that Libya will become the first direct CIA owned and run country and base for future Middle eastern/African conflicts.

Many un aswered questions here....this government DOES NOT represent all Australians (not backing Ghadaffi up here) but I dont beleive Australia should have made this call so soon.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
S&F. Though your post would have been slightly more interesting if that "wtf" had been followed by "mate"...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

as my respected foe i gave you a star and a flag, because i agree with this

First we are told that we don't know who exactly the rebels are.

Now we are recognizing them as the legitimate representatives of Libya?

We still dont know who the rebels of course the mainstream news media will claim they are ordinary, yet when the media talks about the fighting in Yemen they call the opposition al-Qaida

Even the oddest part The Yemen revolution took place in Jan of this year, yet was seen by the mainstream as unimportant.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Maybe this has something to do with the milky bar kid trying to get Oz on the UN security council,with him being our rep,Did you notice in the federal budget the other month many things that help tax paying Aussie's were cut,but foreign aid was increased,Yes the pm is # scared of kev causing trouble for her,so he gets what he wants,The sooner this joke of a government is gone the better,

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

Yep, that's my take also..
Ruddy sucking up to the UN...
He cares little for Australian politics..
I see him as another Blair...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Its always made me wonder how a person who could not serve a full term as prime minister, can have a job like this in the same party that pretty much booted his arse out the door.

As for the OP, it is not Australia recognising the Libyans rebels, just the government... I'm sick of our propaganda government. We need the entire political system in Australia overthrown. The same morons have been running both parties for too long.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

The USA is a great example of what Australians can look forward to in the future when our country starts to become larger. If we want to end up like them, then lets forget about them and let them do as they please. We need people to stand up and be heard and not on a website.

new topics

top topics

join