It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why a Singler Payer System Will Be a Failure: healthcare and Big Oil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

i am sure those people who have been bankrupted by their medical bills would agree with you

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Private healthcare is expensive and immoral as it is a system focused on the profit of the healthcare industry and not on the well being of the people.

The best performing healthcare systems in the world are public sector healthcare systems which disregard the profits of the corporations who make a killing (literally) on over charging for medication and treatments which are easily accessable to people in countries with a national healthcare system.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Conveniant way of evading the block of points and corrections I made to both subjects you brought up.

Echo chamber away

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

that immoral system is providing better care than its governmental counterparts.

and just how much do you think government is overcharging patients and doctors for their services and medications?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's painfully obvious that you are either poorly-informed or you are posting stuff like this to deliberately instigate arguments with other forum posters.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

i asked a simply question time and time agian which some people just have the hardest time answering.

and here it is agian for the people who dont bother to read.

would you want a single oil company in this country calling all the shots and setting the prices of gas?

would you support take your money from you can giving gas to someone else?

link   
reply to post by neo96

My family has never had to pay a penny, we've got a history of illnesses, family members have had multiple heart attacks and we've never ever had to worry about money or worry about our medical history hindering us from getting decent medical care.

No matter what, regardless of my employment I know that I will always be able to get decent healthcare. I will never be denied treatment and I will never be charged for the treatment I recieve. For people who can't afford the standard rate of medication from a pharmacy here in the UK, around 7 pound for a monthly prescription which you only pay if you can afford it (other wise it's free) they don't have to worry about not getting their prescriptions.

You can get free NHS prescriptions if, at the time the prescription is dispensed, you:
* are 60 or over
* are under 16
* are 16-18 and in full-time education
* are pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months and have a valid maternity exemption certificate (MatEx)
* have a specified medical condition and have a valid medical exemption certificate (MedEx)
* have a continuing physical disability that prevents you from going out without help from another person and have a valid MedEx
* hold a valid war pension exemption certificate and the prescription is for your accepted disability
* are an NHS inpatient

Healthcare shouldn't be about money. The 'private' system might be able to deliver a slightly better service, but ONLY for those who can pay top dollar. Money doesn't measure the value of human life, the poorest of people should always be entitled to the same level of healthcare as the richest.
edit on 10-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by neo96

The health industry, like the oil industry, needs proper competition..

Not more laws set by corrupt pollies that leave the companies to write their own laws and thus profit margins..
More to it but that's the bare bones....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

its all about money the only reason you get the care you do is because someone has to pay for it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

finally someone who gets it

the lack of compettion is why healthcare has insane pricing.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, tax payers pay for it. Everyone in the UK is covered under the NHS and every tax payer contributes to it. The rich man and the poor man can go to their doctors and hospitals at anytime and will never have to worry about the cost of their healthcare.

At least my taxes will go to something that matters, something which saves lives and ensures that we live in a fairer society where everyone is given a chance to succeed.

edit on 10-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

finally someone who gets it
the lack of compettion is why healthcare has insane pricing.

Mate, the reason there is NO competition is because of the laws passed to STOP competition....
THAT'S the issue....
Lobby groups, corrupt politicians and Government Healthcare leaders chosen from the very companies that are supposed to keep in check..
Much like the Banks etc..
We are run by the corporations now..
They make the rules, they control the people..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

and in the us that will lead to botox,vigagra,breast enhancements and sex change operations etc

being footed by other taxpayers people always tend to want more and never think of the cost

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

we are in agreement here you say corporations

i say government they are the ones who writes those laws and enforces them and to cowardly to oppose them.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No that would be elective surgery.

In Australia we still have to pay for plastic surgery and even dental. I think the UK covers dental but not plastic surgery.

Even a standard check up we have to pay for. When i say our healthcare is covered i mean serious healthcare, like if your sick, need an operation, heart attack, stroke, cancer and many other serious illness'.

I would never expect the government or my tax having to goto someone that wants plastic surgery to help their self esteem make elective changes.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

indeed they are but give an inch they will take a mile.

and for the record in the us medicare and medicaid does not cover dental and vision for everyone who is on them.

only certian people

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No doubt it costs alot. But as long as my taxes go towards things like the NHS and providing people with a decent education then I have absolutely no issue paying them.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" or "Message Board Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.
reply to post by neo96

How interesting that you would admit this! Rarely does a troll announce his presence in so dramatic and transparent a fashion.

(To my fellow human beings: Ignore it and it will go away.)

Edit to add: I think this post is on topic because the OP brought up trolling as his intention in an earlier post...carry on!
edit on 10-6-2011 by joechip because: edit to add.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by joechip

yeah posted on topic really well there.

second line

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

The UK covers some dental (it has exemptions from paying like the above examples I have given) and only plastic surgery when it is for treatment of other illnesses i.e. skin grafts etc (I think). We still have a large private sector here but there really is no difference between it and the NHS except from in a few cases the private hospitals have slightly better accomodation etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join