It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Mom gives 7yr old daughter voucher for a boob job!

page: 2
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
What happened to little girls playing with Barbie not aspiring to be a human version?


Barbie was designed with an un-natural body, and women, and even some men, have been trying to emulate it ever since. Barbie is not a good role model from beginning to end, and a reflection of the society she represents, where women are objectified and rewarded based on physical appearance. Barbie, like this girl's mother, doesn't seem to do much, work wise...I might be wrong but from what I have seen, she just seems to 'have' a lot of accessories and clothes, hardly much to work with there for any child's imagination. Is it any wonder her mother grew up the way she was if Barbie was shaping her fantasy world? Was there a Doctor Barbie, teacher...? Barbie is all about fun, leisure-time, and being pretty...kind of limiting to a child's imagination. Carl Jung has some very interesting things to say about the role toys play in shaping our adult perceptions of reality. Girl's used to have dolls to help them to nurture and 'mother'...now they have Barbie to teach them the importance, of what, fashion?

If all this mother has ever done is trade on her body and looks, it stands to reason that she is going to want to push her daughter for the same set of aspirations, she probably hasn't got the best work ethic, or the imagination to want more for her daughter, or rather she wants more for her, and she thinks that sexualising her as early as possible is the way to improve those chances of success.

If girls are praised for nothing but their looks or appearance and are able to recieve financial rewards for allowing themselves to be objectified, then obviously that is going to be an aspirational model for those who want easy money or fame. Especially when the sex industry is glamourised, and objectification is almost the norm, this mother probably realises her daughter, to compete in a market all too saturised by pretty girls willing to take off their clothes, that she is going to need to give her girl an edge, and the publicity from this little venture will already, I am sure have been milked for every penny she can. Let's face it, she is already selling her daughter to the media...but as someone has already pointed out, sometimes these things turn out well....let's hope this little girl rebels, and thinks a little bit more of herself than just being yet another living doll. My fingers are crossed.




posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
So sad. I have a seven year old daughter, and trust me, the last thing she is thinking about is having boobs. She loves Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty and doing normal 7 year old girl things.


And no doubt daydreaming about the day her brave Prince will come to save her from the perils imposed on her by bitter women jealous of pretty, but vacuous, head.

Do make sure that you read to her the original fairy tales and not allow Disney's rather dubious perception of the world, and the female of the species particularly, to take over her mind.

This is what all little girls should be told....



In my opinion. Far too many wannabe Princesses already, why should be girls be limited by such 2 dimensional characters, when there are so many incredible women who have accomplished things through their own hard work and determination, and not just by lying on their backs and thinking of England.



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pythein

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
What happened to little girls playing with Barbie not aspiring to be a human version?


Barbie was designed with an un-natural body, and women, and even some men, have been trying to emulate it ever since. Barbie is not a good role model from beginning to end, and a reflection of the society she represents, where women are objectified and rewarded based on physical appearance. Barbie, like this girl's mother, doesn't seem to do much, work wise...I might be wrong but from what I have seen, she just seems to 'have' a lot of accessories and clothes, hardly much to work with there for any child's imagination. Is it any wonder her mother grew up the way she was if Barbie was shaping her fantasy world? Was there a Doctor Barbie, teacher...? Barbie is all about fun, leisure-time, and being pretty...kind of limiting to a child's imagination. Carl Jung has some very interesting things to say about the role toys play in shaping our adult perceptions of reality. Girl's used to have dolls to help them to nurture and 'mother'...now they have Barbie to teach them the importance, of what, fashion?

You must be a guy. Barbie came as many different career choices. They had nurse, doctor, lawyer, astronaut (my personal favorite), office Barbie and so on. Pick a profession there was a Barbie for it. I didn't see Barbie the way most see her. I saw Barbie as a positive influence but I tend to see things differently, it's all in how you view it and use it I guess. Kids don't play with Barbie now they have shows like "16 and Pregnant" and "Engaged and Underage" to learn from. Kids should play with dolls and toys, it brings out their imagination, kids today don't seem to have much of an imagination. I know a bunch of girls, my friends kids, who are about 10-12 and they don't play with anything. They text all day or gossip on FB. When I was their age I played with Barbie and various other toys!




If all this mother has ever done is trade on her body and looks, it stands to reason that she is going to want to push her daughter for the same set of aspirations, she probably hasn't got the best work ethic, or the imagination to want more for her daughter, or rather she wants more for her, and she thinks that sexualising her as early as possible is the way to improve those chances of success.

Agreed! This is why this bothers me, it's not the mother giving her a choice this mother is pushing her beliefs and views on her 7yr old and from the looks of it her views are horrible. She is teaching her daughter to basically hate what she was born with and to want to be plastic and a Barbie in real life. She is teaching her horrible image views!


If girls are praised for nothing but their looks or appearance and are able to recieve financial rewards for allowing themselves to be objectified, then obviously that is going to be an aspirational model for those who want easy money or fame. Especially when the sex industry is glamourised, and objectification is almost the norm, this mother probably realises her daughter, to compete in a market all too saturised by pretty girls willing to take off their clothes, that she is going to need to give her girl an edge, and the publicity from this little venture will already, I am sure have been milked for every penny she can. Let's face it, she is already selling her daughter to the media...but as someone has already pointed out, sometimes these things turn out well....let's hope this little girl rebels, and thinks a little bit more of herself than just being yet another living doll. My fingers are crossed.

Agreed again. I hope this backfires on the mother. She should let her be a child!



posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
You must be a guy.


Your powers of perception are impeccable. More significantly actually, I am English, and therefore was not subjected to Barbie. We had Sindy, who had much more realistic proportions. Barbie came later, and Sindy, having to compete, was soon similarly augmented.


Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Barbie came as many different career choices. They had nurse, doctor, lawyer, astronaut (my personal favorite), office Barbie and so on.


No, she came with outfits. Are you an astronaut? Or do you just like dressing up as one?


Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Kids don't play with Barbie now they have shows like "16 and Pregnant" and "Engaged and Underage" to learn from. Kids should play with dolls and toys, it brings out their imagination, kids today don't seem to have much of an imagination. I know a bunch of girls, my friends kids, who are about 10-12 and they don't play with anything. They text all day or gossip on FB. When I was their age I played with Barbie and various other toys!


Children, especially girls, will emulate the behaviour of the adults that they spend time with. If those kind of shows are allowed to be watched in the house, then yes, they will watch them and be influenced by them. If all the mother does is text and gossip all day, then yes, so will their kids. It is rather simple.



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


Thats not the kids mother! That's a man in a wig I tellz ya.


Talk about messing up he'r daughter's head. But then again if she can afford $800,000 on plastic surgeries then I take it she is doing something right, and it looks like it pays, because that is a lot of money more then I or anybody will probably see in a couple of lifetimes. If anything she needs to get a refund because the plastic surgery did not work all that great. That's a man baby. But me thinks the apple will not fall far from the tree, it usually does not, but who knows we will see.



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Her mum has manhands and looks like a cross dresser.

Lucky daughter...



I was thinking the same thing...

Link to man-hands video. Youtube wont embed


edit on 15-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics
 
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join