It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom gives 7yr old daughter voucher for a boob job!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
WHAT!

Yeah I was reading on AOL news and came across this. I can't believe what I am reading.

What in the heck is wrong with this mother?! I am sorry but this is NOT normal! She is influencing her daughter is so many ways that will emotionally destroy this little girl later on in life. She is 7 and already asking for big fake boobs like mommy? Yeah because she wanted those on her own and her mother had nothing to do with it.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79e7f9e40b6f.jpg[/atsimg]

There's another candidate for parenting award of the year. "Human Barbie" Sarah Burge gave her daughter Poppy a $10,000 voucher for breast augmentation surgery for her seventh birthday, UK tabloid Closer reports. Sarah explained, "Poppy begged me for a boob job, so I gave her the voucher so she can have it after she's 16, when it's legal. If she develops naturally big boobs, she can have something else done with it." Sounds like a reasonable, open-ended gift. Poppy, for her part, said, "I can't wait to be like Mummy with big boobs. They're pretty."

It is really sad that this mother is even promoting and suggesting her young child even think about breast augmentation at 7yrs old! She is 7 of course she is going to think her mom looks pretty when she is all plastic like a Barbie.

She added, "Poppy is a normal kid who is good at sports and loves playing outside. Girls don't want Snow White and Cinderella any more....I'm just supporting her and making her dreams come true."

Girls don't want Snow White and Cinderella? So they want breast augmentation and plastic surgery? What happened to college funds? This money could have been put into a college fund for her daughter. I mean what kind of life is this little girl going to have is she grow up thinking this is how one should live.

Then the mother goes on to say this:

The 50-year-old has supposedly dropped more than $800,000 on her own plastic surgeries and plans to have her daughter watch her next series of treatments, slated for later this year. Burge remarked, "I want Poppy to see what will happen. Some people think it's controversial and I get angry when strangers say I'm a bad mother because I don't think there's any harm in giving her this gift."

She has spent almost a million dollars?! What does this woman do?? AND she wants to let her daughter sit in on the procedures?

Am I the only one who thinks this is completely wrong and that the mother has her own image issues and is pushing them on her child?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c22ab6e5c75.jpg[/atsimg]

What happened to little girls playing with Barbie not aspiring to be a human version?

source

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Perhaps its a blessing, as children tend to naturally rebel against influence of their parents,

Maybe she will buy herself a prom dress instead,

-GM

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
Perhaps its a blessing, as children tend to naturally rebel against influence of their parents,

Maybe she will buy herself a prom dress instead,

-GM

One can only hope she grows and doesn't want to be anything like her mother.

This makes me think of that show "Toddlers and Tiaras" and all other beauty pageant shows. I don't think kids should be subjected to it, it's cute here and there but some of the parents become obsessed and it isn't the child who wants to pursue it. It is always the parent. It's like they want their kids to live the dream they never had.

It's really sad. I feel sorry for this little girl.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Her mum has manhands and looks like a cross dresser.

Lucky daughter...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Soooo we just got through with the mom who gave her kid Botox injections - and - hoax though it was they both got their share of fame.

Are we seeing a sleazy re-peat of the boobini kind here?

Right?

Right???

peace
edit on 9-6-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
One look at the picture says it all.
Its really a shame the type of values we're instilling in our children.
A 7 year old shouldn't even know what a boob job is let alone ask for one.
This mother can give herself a nice pat on the back for making her daughter a new target for pedophiles.
Such a shame.
edit on 9-6-2011 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah botox mom was well...attention seeking much?

This voucher according to her mother of the year is for when she is 16. She says she can use it for whatever she wants if she doesn't want the breast augmentation. I for some reason think this girl will count down the days til she can use that. I mean look at her mother, that is her idol. It's nice to want to be like your mom but her mother seems to have image issues. She has spent almost a million dollars on her looks! If I were her I'd ask for a refund.

I just dont get what is wrong with parents today. I see little girls dressed in ways I never would have been allowed to at that age. I see the clothes in the kids section for little girls and I wouldnt let my daughter wear half that stuff.

Little girls want to be adults way too fast today and society makes it all too easy.

I wasn't think of boob jobs, I actually played with Barbie. I didn't want to be her, well I wanted to be Astronaut Barbie

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

how many magizines, papers or interviews have been done on this? is it only the huffington post? just wondering because some people will make up any storey they know will cause a stir, and then sell it on.

the boy who was suppose to be in the balloon and it turned out he was not and police chased it, and it turned out it was for publicity is an example of the type of people i mean.

maybe she is giving it to her daughter but for a £££££££ reason.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
What a shame! A 7 year old little girl with a lunatic for a mother!
Some people just shouldn't have kids!! That poor girl!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Seriously?

I don't care if this is fake or not and she is making it up, that would make it even worse!

This mother has issues and she is dragging her daughter into it by making her think it's all glamour and she is Barbie. It is really sad and if she is faking it for attention well then her issues are just piling up.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

well i never said anything about what i thought personally, i was wondering if anybody has seen the storey around in other places. it may explain the motive.

did you think i said this was all good and acceptable?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I didnt know Janice from "Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem" had a kid.
And she wants puppet boobs like her mama...stellar! As long as women and girls are taught that their sexuality is a commodity and should be used as such, things like this will happen. I am not surprised in the least. Not too far down the line men will have to contend themselves with either Femme bots or Frankenchicks. The fun part will be trying to tell the difference between the two

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I wish we could also subtract stars from disparaging and unproductive comments like yours.

I appreciate your freedom to verbally vomit, as I am also free to request that you increase in self-control and compassion.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The fact that idiots like this are still able to breath and walk at the same time is mind blowing.
What a moron. Not just about the whole voucher, but the fact that she seeks attention that she has to tell everyone about it.

edit on 10-6-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

You're the mum aren't you?

Go on admit it Mrs manhands!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

It doesn't bother me one bit. I'll never know anything about this girl other than what she chooses to make public along with her guardian.

It'd be even more interesting if she had one done at her age. Even if it's not legal, what affects on someone does it have at a prepubescent age? I'd be more interested in the biology than the social and ethical factors.

I'm always amused that we must judge and create opinions on people who have no impact on our lives.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It isn't fake.

Here we are in a society which has become so paranoide about peadophila, yet mums are sexualizing their children

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Damn, I wish my mom would give me a voucher for a boob job. Wait, I'm 25 though so that's a little bit different. haha.

Anyhow, this is so not cool! Already setting the girl up for self esteem issues. You are not OK the way you are. Reminds me of the mother who was supposedly giving her 8 year old daughter botox injections.

abcnews.go.com...

ETA I wonder how far into the future it is that we will all just be made of plastic. We can order new skins. Well, technically I don't think I am to be defined by my body, so is it really a sin if I want to change my appearance? We change clothes all the time, so why not skin? It's a confusing controversial thought to me.

As a mother though, I would not be encouraging my child to get plastic surgery, unless in the future there was something that caused embarrassment or social awkwardness. It is unfortunate but true that our society is driven based on image, it sucks that it becomes such an obsession that fills so many people's lives to the point of not being able to focus on anything else but how you look, and how you compare to the people in the magazines.
edit on 11-6-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0594e670f8b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So sad. I have a seven year old daughter, and trust me, the last thing she is thinking about is having boobs. She loves Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty and doing normal 7 year old girl things. This is definitely the mothers influence. Fortunately, there is a good chance this little girl will grow up to be embarrassed by this this, and rebel, like someone else said. I am sure her friends will tease her about it, and a light bulb will kick on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join