It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Example of How Easy It Is to Fake the White House's Downloadable .PDF of Obama's Birth Cer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I know there have been plenty of threads on this topic, but I wanted to show you guys first handedly how easy it is to fake the file they show you on their official website. I even left it as a .PDF if you guys want to look at my edited .PDF file to zoom in even more. Zooming in will show you even more how "real" my photoshopped version looks, compared to the original

Uploaded to google docs- You can view/download from here(downloading, you can zoom even more than viewing):
BC on google docs

The whole point is that some of the words in their .pdf looked like they were typed on a computer, and other words looked legitimately scanned in. I am showing that my photoshop typing mirrors their quality, which shouldn't be true if the whole page was scanned in

For people who don't want to download it, here's some screen shots of it. I could have done an even better job if I wanted to spend a little more time fixing some things up like the word leveling.
This is what I was able to do in half an hour

Vs.

Vs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vs.

Lastly, I would like to state that I like Obama. I am not here to criticize him. Like I stated in another post, I don't care if this was Uncle Bob's birth certificate, I am just simply pointing out how the .pdf that the government supplied could have easily been altered from an original
If Obama's original surfaces and it's legit, so be it. I am here to just simply state that the .pdf could have easily been altered
edit on 6/10/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

I could make a fake copy of your birth certificate very easily.. does that means yours isn't real? This is retard logic.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aceto

Enough said. Obama will forever be American.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i personally dont think its legit, but with that said im getting really sick and tired of hearing about it. if this whole pdf thing isnt gaining any momentum just give it up. theres no use in beatin a dead horse

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by aceto

The whole point is that some of the words in their .pdf looked like they were typed on a computer, and other words looked legitimately scanned in. I am showing that my photoshop typing mirrors their quality, which shouldn't be true if the whole page was scanned in

Edit: I will add this to my thread if it helps clear some things up
edit on 6/9/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Despite my Anti-Birther stance ( I realize you are not one) I just want to say that your Photoshop skills are admirable and you do present a compelling case. You have irrefutably proven that the type can be mimicked.

I commend your efforts to make your case and applaud your ability to remain open minded in the midst of harsh dissention.

Nice work.

/MD

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedDebater
Despite my Anti-Birther stance ( I realize you are not one) I just want to say that your Photoshop skills are admirable and you do present a compelling case. You have irrefutably proven that the type can be mimicked.

I commend your efforts to make your case and applaud your ability to remain open minded in the midst of harsh dissention.

Nice work.

/MD

I thank you for the pleasant response, I appreciate it. I am neither birther, nor anti birther, but just here to simply prove that it's possible.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hello!!! First post ever on ATS, but long time lurker. I too dont have an opinion on this issue, but there are two videos I would love to post here. How do upload a video from Utube? Where do I find the video number?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012watcher

Would you like to upload it in this thread, or in your own thread?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I would like to post them on your post please. I would like to know what you think about them. It will go perfectly with this thread. I dont know how to upload them tho.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

When you hit the "reply" button, this page will come up (picture below). Click on the "link" button. The first popup will be what you want to name the link. The second popup will be the actual URL address of the you tube video. I am not sure how to actually embed the video, but at least this way, you can put the links up.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
YouTube - Dr. Manning Interviews Douglas Vogt, CEO of Archive Index

I dont know if I did it write. If not google it and watch it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
E-freaking-nough of this nonsense people. This is the literate like 100th thread here on this topic. Wow! Give it a rest and please talk about something that hasn't already been disproven and debunked a thousand times already!

Y'all are seriously begining to remind me of a type of ocd whereas professional help may be needed!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I believe the part you may have done incorrectly is that instead of copying and pasting the URL for the second popup, you put the same thing from the first popup into the second popup.

But aside from that, I did look it up. Coincidentally I did actually listen to that same youtube video yesterday. It's interesting hearing what he says on it, but I feel like he doesn't have a good chance to really explain himself. I went to his website and looked over his 22 page write up on it. Pretty interesting stuff. Did you have a chance to check that out?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
E-freaking-nough of this nonsense people. This is the literate like 100th thread here on this topic. Wow! Give it a rest and please talk about something that hasn't already been disproven and debunked a thousand times already!

Y'all are seriously begining to remind me of a type of ocd whereas professional help may be needed!

Lol this is one of the first times I've had any input for this topic. Sorry!
I was hoping to add some new actual factual evidence from my own perspective

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumPhysicist

Lol this is one of the first times I've had any input for this topic. Sorry!
I was hoping to add some new actual factual evidence from my own perspective

Anything that you could've presented has long since been covered with a clearcut 98% or better being debunked and disproven.

For future reference, next thread you wish to launch please employ the searchbar to see if what you want to post has already been covered.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The following is a painting.

Did I just give you factual evidence that people are fake or that people can be faked?
Do you think anyone thought a document could not be forged? The argument being presented is that the president could not get access to blank forms and typewriter?
edit on 10-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

If it is that is by far one of the best I've ever seen, so lifelike.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

If it is that is by far one of the best I've ever seen, so lifelike.

It was just one of many that were impossible to distinguish from a photo but they show the painting being done in steps here for anyone doubting. Then again, I guess they could have faked faking a woman.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f7ec251d100.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

What does that have anything to do with the fact that a scanned-in document should appear grayscaled, not perfectly pixelated and able to be easily replicated on photoshop with regular font typing

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join