It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next US defense chief : All options are open on Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Jesus Mohammed, will they just get on and destory Iran already!

How long are they going to play this one out. Im board of it. This has been the talk for the last year. No wonder no one take the US too seriously anymore. Its a fight they can win - the only type of fight they like.

One more country/notch on their belt.

Instead of always threatening just get on with it. (wouldn't be surprised if all this time Iran hasn't secretly sent a bomb (nuclear type) to the US in preparation. After all, the only people that have to fear the US border security are its own citizens. Not the terrorists, they just waltz right in camel-under-arm!

All talk no pants!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by tyson45

This war on terror is breeding more terrorsists. The 9/11 attack was in response to Unilateral US support of israel and the war in iraq in '91 as well as US bases in the holy land. This is not a war on terror. This is the crusades. The US is now at a 5 front war with 5 muslim countries. If that is not crusades, then I do not know what is.

reply to post by kro32

Other wars with people just as equipped? In vietnam we lost a lot more US soldiers. This is not a modern war. It is the worlds most powerful military vs a 3rd world nation. That is why US numbers are somewhat low.

Are you implying that we should not support Israel or have defended Kuwait when Saddam invaded. If you agree with those actions than I see little choice of how we wouldn't get sucked into conflict over there. We could have bowed down to the Muslim nations I guessed and not tried to offend them but America usually doesn't work like that.

We did what we thought was right in those two situations and if that pisses off the Muslim nations enough to go against us than we will strike back. I would hardly call any countries actions a repeat of the Crusades however as the goals are totally different.

Of course we should not support Israel, they are not a friend of the USA. US allowed saddam to invade kuwait as an excuse to invade. The reason for the war was to weaken iraqs military.

This would not have happened if the usa did not stick its nose into iraq in 1991. You play with fire expect to get burned. It is crusades under the guise of a war on terror.

edit on 9-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tyson45

and those terrorist want to kill you!

no they don't no terrorist has told that to me or you.

because 90% of young muslim recruits dont even know what 9/11 is

Do you have supporting evidence for these statistics.

! trust me the evil men who want to kill us and are way of life dont need a war to recruit more vulnerable kids to kill americans

Who are these evil men? You talking about NATO dropping bombs?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Don't forget that the Muslim people have a long history of invasion themselves brought on by greed. The Ottoman empire was quite destructive in it's own right so America was not the only country to stick it's nose in things as it were.

Point is that there has been a long history of conflicts in this region and letting Saddam keep Kuwait back then would not have made that part of the world all happy and waving the American flag around. It would also be important to remember why the U.S. supports Israel which I'd be happy to go into detail with you about but i'm assuming you already know the reasons.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They all say that all options are on the table. Bush said the same thing and really didnt do much. Its just the normal talk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join