It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Cd..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Anyone know what I can use to rip songs off a cd and convert them to mp3.

E_T

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
www.afterdawn.com...

Try CDEx or Easy CD-DA Extractor.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
dBpowerAMP

You can rip your CDs to MP3 with a bitrate from 32Kbps to 320Kbps. Then you can convert it to wtvr you want, OGG, WMA, WAVE, Monkey Audio.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Please bear in mind... I am assuming you are using Microsoft Windows - that a lot of modern CDs have copy protection on them, so you cannot play or rip them on a PC. You can get around this by using 2 programs called:

* CloneCD
* ClonyXL (you use this in conjunction with CloneCD).

This is what I use anyway, and have done for 2 years now - so there are probably better alternatives these days.

99% of the time, this doesn't effect Macs or PCs running Unix/Linux (or other Operating Systems).

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I use Audiograbber with the LAME Encoder. It's easy to use and it works great

Audiograbber

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetalHead
a lot of modern CDs have copy protection on them, so you cannot play or rip them on a PC.

Actually very few Audio CDs have copy protection because they have compatibility issues with regular CD Players. Since most people dont have the very newest CD Player, they dont use copy protection. None of the CDs Iv EVER bought have been Copy Protected.

I remember Sony put Millions of Dollars into a copy protection to stop it from being played on the computer, and on all CD Players, and it was stopped by a 50 cent Sharpie Marker. A kid put a black mark around the 2mm thick edge of the CD and it stopped the copy protection and it was able to be played and ripped at ease. Also, there was another Copy protection that was thwarted by just hitting the Shift key when loading it.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
None of the CDs Iv EVER bought have been Copy Protected.

Must be luck really - Many of the modern CDs I own do. So was just talking from experience.

top topics

join