It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Ready For Osama's Public Execution..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I just wanted to share something with you that I saw yesterday just up the road from where I live, and basically I couldn't believe what I was witnessing..

I live just outside Sydney, Australia, and I went to the local shops for some groceries yesterday. On my return from the supermarket I spotted a poster that was attached to a notice board on the grounds of the local Anglican church. I stood there and looked at it for a minute or so, thinking hard about what I was seeing and what message the poster was meant to be preaching to the masses of people that pass by on a daily basis.

When I first read, 'If you want God to punish Osama, Are you ready yourself?' I was quite taken by surprise. I wanted to fully understand what it was I was reading.

From that statement....

1.. I can only come to the understanding that unless you have taken Jesus Christ as your own personal saviour, then you are just as bad a person as what Osama Bin Laden is/was.

2..It also seems to portray that if you have taken Jesus Christ as your own personal saviour. Then on the day of Christ's return you can sit and watch with all the other born again Christians as Osama Bin Laden is thrown into the eternal fires of hell.

3..Therefore, if you are a born again Christian and are able to witness the damnation of Osama Bin Laden, is there going to be cheering and applause as he is thrown into the heat of Hades?

4..Does this ticket of eternal life actually allow you as a Christian to rejoice in the death of another human being, even if he was a very naughty individual?

5..So when it states, 'If you want God to punish Osama, Are you ready yourself?' Does that mean that if you want god to punish Osama Bin Laden, are you ready to watch regardless of your faith, ethnicity or creed?

6.. And finally, by looking at the poster there are actually two bullet holes and red rifle sights. Does this also mean that he may be shot in a public execution for all to watch?

Now, I don't know what message you have obtained from all this, but I truly believe that this message has no place within a church environment. I am not a religious person, I have no interest in the church and it's teachings particularly. But if a church is trying to get people into church to hear the message about God and what it is all about, then surely this is not the correct way to go about recruiting people.

Vast parts of Sydney are quite multicultural and has many faith, beliefs, religions...blah, blah,blah, but for a person of a Muslim faith who saw this poster, how does this make them feel?

For a Muslim person who could just lives around the corner from the church who happens to have the name Osama, and spots the red rifle sights emblazoned over his name which is written in large letters. How is that going to make him feel? Is he really going to change his faith after clapping his eyes on that poster? Or aren't the Anglicans expecting any Muslims to think about turning up at their church and maybe even changing their faith?

Anyway, according to Muslim belief, Osama Bin Laden at this very moment is apparently with God and making love to many, many virgins. Ooh, I shouldn't have said that, should I. I had better watch out next time I go passed the church, they may have Dave on the poster with red rifle sights emblazoned upon it.

I hope you can view the photo's, let me know your thoughts and what you think................

img196.imageshack.us...

img718.imageshack.us...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think its trying to say that if you wish death upon someone else then you're no better yourself.

I could be wrong though.

Interesting poster, its nice when a religious group actually create something thought provoking instead of the usual "You need God in your life"

I once saw "Accept Christ now and avoid the chistmas rush!" in early december. Was a good laugh.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You sure it doesn't imply that those who "want God to punish Osama" are in need of their own soul searching bc they are more concerned with vengeance or the punishment of others than their own enlightenment? that's what I would've implied from the statement. Maybe that's just me. For the record, I personally hope that there is no afterlife. Would prefer oblivion to any bizarro spirit world bullsnot.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima
You sure it doesn't imply that those who "want God to punish Osama" are in need of their own soul searching bc they are more concerned with vengeance or the punishment of others than their own enlightenment? that's what I would've implied from the statement. Maybe that's just me. For the record, I personally hope that there is no afterlife. Would prefer oblivion to any bizarro spirit world bullsnot.

I'm not sure about anything.

we are basically on the same page.
edit on 9-6-2011 by black0h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You ask for thoughts.

Well I'm just about out of thoughts about religions.
I'm mostly just sad, I guess.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Maybe it is just a new take on "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone".

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
read the small print..all have sinned..in Gods eyes we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God..i also noticed the bullet holes missed the sight picture..without God in our lives we are all dead..thats what the sign means

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

As a Christian I don't wish Hell on any soul, not even Osama. I couldn't sentence him there for eternity, no way. I have too much mercy on my heart. It's so horrible I couldn't even send a Hitler there for eternity.

I don't like to think about those that are lost, it's pretty sad. It's hard for me to be in large crowds too and to look at all the faces.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

1.. I can only come to the understanding that unless you have taken Jesus Christ as your own personal saviour, then you are just as bad a person as what Osama Bin Laden is/was. As a christian, I do not believe there are big sins and little sin...there is only SIN.

2..It also seems to portray that if you have taken Jesus Christ as your own personal saviour. Then on the day of Christ's return you can sit and watch with all the other born again Christians as Osama Bin Laden is thrown into the eternal fires of hell. I believe that even Christians will have to answer for the way they lived their life after taking Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. Not sure on the eternal fires of hell

3..Therefore, if you are a born again Christian and are able to witness the damnation of Osama Bin Laden, is there going to be cheering and applause as he is thrown into the heat of Hades? I cannot even imagine that would be the case.

4..Does this ticket of eternal life actually allow you as a Christian to rejoice in the death of another human being, even if he was a very naughty individual? Absolutely Not!

5..So when it states, 'If you want God to punish Osama, Are you ready yourself?' Does that mean that if you want god to punish Osama Bin Laden, are you ready to watch regardless of your faith, ethnicity or creed? Not sure what they meant...perhaps they meant none of us are sinless.

6.. And finally, by looking at the poster there are actually two bullet holes and red rifle sights. Does this also mean that he may be shot in a public execution for all to watch? Don't really get this one.

I think I get the reasoning behind what they are trying to convey...but I think the delivery is a little lacking. My opinion

Pandora

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I agree with previous replies that the sign is meant to ask people if they are ready to be judged and sentenced by God...

We have all sinned and fallen short... which is the entire reason for Christ dying on the cross. So that we may have grace and find forgiveness with the Father.

God clearly says that He will not forgive those who do not forgive others.
Mt 6:15 "But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins." (NLT)
Maybe that's the verse they should have put in the "fine print."

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by prettygentle

I agree with previous replies that the sign is meant to ask people if they are ready to be judged and sentenced by God...

Did someone remove the first and last verses from Romans chapter 8 while I was at work or something?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by black0h

I once saw "Accept Christ now and avoid the chistmas rush!" in early december. Was a good laugh.

Lol, never heard that one. My favorite church sign:

"The Rapture, the real separation of Church and State."

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I just wanted to share something with you that I saw yesterday just up the road from where I live, and basically I couldn't believe what I was witnessing..

I live just outside Sydney, Australia, and I went to the local shops for some groceries yesterday. On my return from the supermarket I spotted a poster that was attached to a notice board on the grounds of the local Anglican church. I stood there and looked at it for a minute or so, thinking hard about what I was seeing and what message the poster was meant to be preaching to the masses of people that pass by on a daily basis.

When I first read, 'If you want God to punish Osama, Are you ready yourself?' I was quite taken by surprise. I wanted to fully understand what it was I was reading.

5..So when it states, 'If you want God to punish Osama, Are you ready yourself?' Does that mean that if you want god to punish Osama Bin Laden, are you ready to watch regardless of your faith, ethnicity or creed?

I am really not at all sure what you're driving at! Between 4 and 8 years ago, a church in Australia got into deep strife for having a billboard such as you describe, which was interpreted by the Right wing (especially here in New Zealand!) as being anti-American. (The TV channel from which we got our evening news back then was American owned. Now it's Australian owned. Off topic - having news media in NZ that are actually locally owned would be wonderful!)
So, are you actually making stuff up, on the basis of a many years old news item? Maybe just to attack Christianity?
Shame on you. The answer to your disingenuous question is right there in number 5, above. It means "what makes you think you're any better than OBL?" It's so obvious, that all the Americans and their minions years ago, got bitter about it.
As I said, this was years ago, so I've seen right through your little trick/game.
V

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BomSquad

Maybe it is just a new take on "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone".

You're right in your interpretation. The OP is playing games, it's actually old (between 4 and 8 years old).
The church in question was roundly abused by the Americans and by talkback hysterics at the time for being "soft on Islam"...
Vicky

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

I am really not at all sure what you're driving at! Between 4 and 8 years ago, a church in Australia got into deep strife for having a billboard such as you describe, which was interpreted by the Right wing (especially here in New Zealand!) as being anti-American. (The TV channel from which we got our evening news back then was American owned. Now it's Australian owned. Off topic - having news media in NZ that are actually locally owned would be wonderful!)
So, are you actually making stuff up, on the basis of a many years old news item? Maybe just to attack Christianity?
Shame on you. The answer to your disingenuous question is right there in number 5, above. It means "what makes you think you're any better than OBL?" It's so obvious, that all the Americans and their minions years ago, got bitter about it.
As I said, this was years ago, so I've seen right through your little trick/game.
V

In some ways I am a little lost as to what you are implying. The two images that were posted with this thread were of photographs that I took personally yesterday the 9th June, with my own personal camera.

The reason I posted the photo's was to see what peoples thoughts were around this poster that is outside the local Anglican church. Nobody is trying to trick anybody here, it is something I saw and found to be wrong in my eyes for a church to advertise in such a way.

Isn't it strange how you can post things on any other topic for discussion other than the Religious one, and it is accepted for what it is, but as soon as you add something to the religious forum all the religious people think you are having ago.

img196.imageshack.us...

img718.imageshack.us...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

In some ways I am a little lost as to what you are implying. The two images that were posted with this thread were of photographs that I took personally yesterday the 9th June, with my own personal camera.

The reason I posted the photos was to see what peoples thoughts were around this poster that is outside the local Anglican church. Nobody is trying to trick anybody here, it is something I saw and found to be wrong in my eyes for a church to advertise in such a way.

Isn't it strange how you can post things on any other topic for discussion other than the Religious one, and it is accepted for what it is, but as soon as you add something to the religious forum all the religious people think you are having ago.

img196.imageshack.us...

img718.imageshack.us...

OK, I would have delivered a much more irenic answer if it wasn't for your final paragraph which clearly is 'having a go'...
I remember the 'moral panic' about the issue and that it was years ago.Fair enough if someone is in fact using it again...
I believe you, and I hope I am not wrong to do so..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Nice find. I love that the citation is "The Bible" instead of a specific chapter or verse. Romans 3:23 should be the citation, not the Bible.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Nope, I double checked... they're both still there.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by prettygentle
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Nope, I double checked... they're both still there.

Yeah, God forbid we get a good chuckle out of it.

(Sorry my bad, small "g"od forbid)

new topics

top topics

join