It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: NATO is now targeting Moammar Gadhafi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Suprise, suprise, NATO's agenda is slowly unraveling, remember when we were just protecting the citizens?
www.cnn.com...
I will post more when I hear more.

wanna discuss?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
About time..He's one of many we should be actively removing as he's a threat to the United States, or possible threat anyways.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

He is a mass murderer. I'm not sure I can see a reason to object. I don't think we should be there in the first place, but since NATO is there, it would be a good thing if they took out somebody that evil. I doubt his replacement will be any better though.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I wonder if he's already been killed in one of their recent bombings? This is just their way of not having to admit he was already targeted. It may sound far fetched to some, but warrants the notion to recognize it.

Further, what are the implications with Russia and China on NATOs decisions?
edit on 6/9/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The very definition of "beating around the bush."

Now we've finally gotten to the point...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Safe to say that if Libya's main export was broccoli, he wouldn't be a "threat" in a sense. Hell, he's only been in power some 42 years (or is it 41?).. This is all unraveling like the frog in boiling water analogy. And of course, NATO is code for the United States... What was originally announced as a days/weeks mission and no boots on the ground is now said to be going beyond christmas, and boots have been on the ground..

There's also a couple angles that we're in there because of Gadhafi's pursuit of changing the gold standard situation or something like that, I don't recall..
edit on 9-6-2011 by rstregooski because: content

edit on 9-6-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

I wonder if he's already been killed in one of their recent bombings? This is just their way of not having to admit he was already targeted. It may sound far fetched to some, but warrants the notion to recognize it.

They would be stupid to admit it before they did it.

That would just make their job harder. Now that they are done here maybe they can finally move on down to venezuela.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski
There's also a couple angles that we're in there because of Gadhafi's pursuit of changing the gold standard situation or something like that, I don't recall.

I've read a lot of different sources carrying the same theory. I believe it was something called the dinar. You can google that information and learn more about it. I cannot vouch for any of the links, as most are blogs or unverified sources.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Care to elaborate on how Gaddafi, the man who has been one of America's best allies in the War on Terror is a threat to the United States. i have seen some far ranging justifications for this conflict, but I must say this is the first. While I do not agree with many of Gadaffi's economic and political policies, I must say I oppose any military action against him and any attempts to target him, which is illegal in accordance with international law. Not that NATO really cares about that anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by kro32

Care to elaborate on how Gaddafi, the man who has been one of America's best allies in the War on Terror

He's clearly some other Gaddafi then!! lol

is a threat to the United States.

The rapproachment was quite short - his defence of the Taliban and Somali pirates athe UN, condemnation of H1N1 as a "foreign military development", accusation that Israel assasinated JFK, etc., and threats to nationalise the oil industry have seen the initial optimism after his droping WMD's disappear fairly quickly.

I must say I oppose any military action against him and any attempts to target him, which is illegal in accordance with international law.

He's a military officer, and he holds no specific title or office - he keeps saying so - and for those countries that no longer recognise his Govt as the legitimate govt of Liby he is not even an informal head of state any more - so what's illegal about targeting him?
edit on 9-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Moammar Gadhafi is not the problem of the US and someone said Moammar Gadhafi is a murderer my question to you is what the hell are we? We probably killed just as many civilians as he did.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
About time..He's one of many we should be actively removing as he's a threat to the United States, or possible threat anyways.

please Tell me you don't really believe that,

shouldn't we focus on the global Elite' who is causing more Terror then anyone from The Middle East

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
lockerbie was a frame up committed by the Cia and its stooges in syria

Lockerbie, 20 years on: Behind the frame up of Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al Megrahi

justicedenied.org...

Libyan Appeals Frame-up By U.S. & England For Lockerbie Bombing

links.org.au...

Why Only Silence Over The Lockerbie Frame-up

www.i-p-o.org...

But in 2003, a retired CIA officer gave a statement to the lawyers of a Libyan convicted and jailed for the bombing, admitting that evidence had been planted. This was later corroborated by the former Scottish police chief, who was a member of the Association of Chief Police Officers Scotland. The Zionist press had also been quick to blame Syria and Iran for Lockerbie; Israel is the prime beneficiary of conflict between the West and Islamic nations.

www.takeourworldback.com...

yeah we all know who the mass murderers are
they killed ghadaffi's children

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Give me a break! Your own law (supposedly) forbids assassinating the heads of state of other countries.
May you suffer the same calamity that you wish on others. Instant karma, man!
If your military kill Ghaddafi, may some other military kill Obama, and Bush! (You're all so racist, you'd celebrate Obama's death)
V

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Give me a break! Your own law (supposedly) forbids assassinating the heads of state of other countries.
May you suffer the same calamity that you wish on others. Instant karma, man!
If your military kill Ghaddafi, may some other military kill Obama, and Bush! (You're all so racist, you'd celebrate Obama's death)
V

When did I ever mention assassination? Plenty of other way's to remove undesirables from positions of power and anywhere in the world we have even the slightest interest we should be camping on their doorstep. I know alot of people would rather we bury our heads in the sand and just hope that whatever the world does works out for the best for us but history shows that when America has followed an isolationist approach that the world has gone to hell in a handbasket.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said Wednesday it is time to start planning for what to do in Libya after Gadhafi's departure "because Gadhafi's reign of terror is coming to an end."
In statement broadcast on state media, Gadhafi vowed a day before that "we will not surrender," even as NATO airstrikes bombarded his compound in Tripoli.
NATO recently announced its decision to extend its mission in Libya by 90 days.

www.cnn.com...

"Departure" a.k.a assassinated. And 90 days? You don't drain a countries oil and establish a puppet government in 90 days....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

anywhere in the world we have even the slightest interest we should be camping on their doorstep. I know alot of people would rather we bury our heads in the sand and just hope that whatever the world does works out for the best for us but history shows that when America has followed an isolationist approach that the world has gone to hell in a handbasket.

You already are "camping on the doorstep"!
America = Nazi Germany.
When America followed an isolationist approach, the world was relatively peaceful.
Ten years ago, Dubya Bush was 'electorated'. We've seen the result for the last 10 years, and it's only going to get worse.
I can't wait for the day (although I won't live to see it, maybe my children will) when Amerika is de-throned from its position as world dictator, and the War Crimes Trials begin.
Maybe the rest of the world will re-institute your beloved death penalty just for you!

Vicky
The Gestapo (Homeland Security) ought not to let men like you near a keyboard, you give the game away... (You probably don't know that Gestapo translate to Homeland Security, do you?)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

He is a mass murderer. I'm not sure I can see a reason to object. I

And you believe that Gadhafi is a mass murderer because the mainstream tells you to isnt it? Gadhafi has given free health care and free education to libyans, now libyans under the control of NATO and america and its greedy corporations will be nothing more then slaves

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

He's given free health care and education to SOME Libyans - he has also murdered SOME Libyans - one does not cancel the other - Stalin also did the same, Hitler did the same for Germans (not that MG is in the same league...)

MG also kept the basic wage in Libya nice and low so that people HAD to have free education & health care - they couldn't afford it otherwise in an oil rich economy...

they guy is a monomaniacal a-hole - whether that deserves his assassination or not is another story, but tying to pain him as any kind of saint is prime evidence of delusion.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join