It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rossi Claims "Self-Destruct Mode" on E-Cat (So called "free energy" device)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Questions posed to Rossi on his blog:

Greg
June 6th, 2011 at 3:29 PM
Dear Dr. Rossi,

thank you for your reply. You write you are being conservative regarding the sales of single modules. But if Defkalion/AmpEnergo plans to produce 300 000 units per year do you think you will be able to prevent just one of them ending up in China? In my opinion you will be very wealthy from the royalties from Europe/US but the Chinese will hack the security features and produce their own. Or am I wrong on this assumption?

Kind regards,
Greg

Andrea Rossi's Reply

Andrea Rossi
June 6th, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Dear Greg:
Good point.
This is why we are very conservative regarding the sale of single modules. We are engineering a system that will destroy automatically the confidential parts if the reactor is open. The reactors will be open only in our factory to replace the charge. This is why we want not to replace the charges on site.
Warm regards,
A.R.

Source

If you are not familiar with the e-cat or Rossi himself:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

This will be great material for the writers of the next James Bond movie, if anything...

edit on 9-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Couldn't they use ways to see inside other then physically opening it up?

An X-Ray or Ultrasound for example.
I know there are other more modern ways also, just can't think of them off the top of my head. . .

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

From where exactly?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

I know there are other more modern ways also, just can't think of them off the top of my head. . .

The protection Rossi is referring to I think has to do with his catalyst. (Because it's the only thing he hasn't disclosed.) Given that, he must be trying to say that there would be something to render the catalyst useless (possibly via chemical reaction) if opened. Or something along those lines.

But if taken apart in a high tech lab with competent engineers that are familiar with reverse engineering, I don't see how they could prevent it.

It sounds like a lot of hot air.

Anyone want to buy some swamp land in Florida?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The James Bond reference is right on! But I believe that this "generator" will someday be available by calling 1 800 Cold Cat for $169.99 in three easy payments!

On the topic, Where there is a self destruct mechanism like insinuated, There will ALWAYS be a hacker or tinkerer or communist mad scientist type who will find a way to open it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

Yeah they could but it wouldn't show what the unknown catalyst is(the catalyst would need spectro-analysing to determine its composition).

There is a method used by car companies to view inside metals using an ultra-sonic wave to view inside engine components to check for cracks and air-pockets without damaging the material, but this wouldn't show up the materials composition beyond its grain structure.

I wonder why he doesn't just patent his design and live happily ever after on royalties?

I'm sure that the scientific community will test his E-cat design at no expense to Dr. Rossi.

Maybe Dr. Rossi has been working with lead for too long and is going a little wacko?
edit on 9/6/2011 by OccamAssassin because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I'm sure that the scientific community will test his E-cat design at no expense to Dr. Rossi.

Maybe Dr. Rossi has been working with lead for too long and is going a little wacko?

Rossi has a fake diploma. In no way should he be referred to as "Dr."

I've covered this before (and other things) In this thread, and this one and this one.

I've linked only my posts in all those threads to make it easy to go through.

edit on 9-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Honestly, I dont care if it is really cold fusion or not to be truthfull. If I can plug that in for a couple minutes and then have it run my house for a year or so on like $.30 a month Ill buy it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56
Honestly, I dont care if it is really cold fusion or not to be truthfull. If I can plug that in for a couple minutes and then have it run my house for a year or so on like $.30 a month Ill buy it.

What if it's supposed to do that but it doesn't work at all.

Would you buy it then?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

ROFLMAO

now it is alledged that it wont even be servicable ` on site `

WTF ??????????

an extreme analogy - but would anyone buy a car that had to be returned to the manfacturer to be refueled ?

top topics

join