It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First post and I would like to inform and get opinons on Night Terrors.My daughter suffers horribly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NephlimKilla

I used to have night terrors when I was little. I remember having strange nightmares at around the same time. Sometimes a parent would check on me to see an expression of horror frozen on my face. Although I am totally normal today.

I can assure you its nothing paranormal as half the people on this site will tell you.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Scales

the poster who posted earlier about the water spray bottle has shown you the way , pshycologically this works...

My daughter used to wet the bed .. every night .. 3 times a night .. non stop for years....

i then read 'Derren Brown' tricks of the mind, he mentions a semi-famous child psychologist ( i am sorry i do not recall his name )

In the book it explains that this psycologist uses unusual methods.... he once told a bed wetting boy (7 years old) that it was because he was still a little kid , but not to worry .. when he was 8 he would officialy become a 'big kid' and the bed wetting would stop.

i tried this on my daughter , dont worry your a little kid you are only 5, when your 6 you will be a big kid and you will not wet the bed anymore because big kids dont do that ...

I kid you not on her 6th birthday she NEVER wet the bed ever again... Spooky huh?

i suggest you try the same psychological approach , tell her she has the dreams becasue she is XXX years old... tell her NOT to worry because when she hits ( 1 year up) the WILL stop .. make HER believe it and the mind will follow.

i hope her birthday is not far away , you need a real landmark for this to work , saying weeks or months will not have the same effect..

Good luck!
edit on 25/6/11 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Miniatus, we did the same thing for our daughter. We made "monster away spray" labeled a spray bottle and put water and glitter in it and every time our daughter had a nightmare we sprayed away. They stopped very quickly.

We gave her her own bottle and would lay in the next room and hear her ferociously spraying ..

Oh we also opened a bible in her room ..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Night terrors are not usually remembered. If she is having Night Terrors and wakes up screaming without knowing why everyone is looking at her ...... that is a Night terror.

However , if she DOES remember the dream then it is a NightMare which are ranked in stages (second year psychology , havnt taken it yet , only one , sorry).

Now if she wakes up still seeing things from her Dream , either Demonic Influence or (schizophrenia). However whats good about a young child , many wild things is going on in this young mind and body and has a direct effect as you know on the Child in whole.

If she starts seeing things not that arnt in the Dreaming world , but in the real World , then it depends on your beleif in the spirit world , mine is Christian so you know what i think they are.

Believe it or not , the Majority of Children simply out grow Night terrors and Night Mares. I use to have Night Mares as a child bad ones , i would sneak into my parents room and sit in the corner in the pitch black and try and sleep so i didnt have to wake them up , and then leave when i saw light outside of the window and went to bed for an hour or so before school. I use to get them bad.

However , they stopped and declined. Now when i get a Random Nightmare ..... i could care less , it doesnt affect me as when i was a child , i just wake up and go back to sleep. Sometimes when i wake up , i go back to sleep and have a semi lucid dream with decisions and it turns out to be a pretty good dream. You set what you want to happen in your mind before you go back to sleep while you are in this lucid state , and it happens.

The teacher told the class they have medication to help with Night Terrors , but of course they have side effects. She said you were better off letting the child out grow them.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephlimKilla
reply to post by JROCK2527

We have two dogs, an American Bulldog and a Jack Russell, we've been letting the small dog sleep in there because my big buddy makes too much noise. The Jack Russell does not bark or make noise or anything out of the ordinary while in the room with her. We are moving after this semester of school though so regardless of what it could be, we're out. Thank you for the replies.

very good idea just sounds like an all around bad place to raise a daughter but i understand you are doing all that you can, hope all works out for you keep us posted and let us know what happens and plz post the pic

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

If indeed it's night terror,don't touch or try to comfort them most times they don't remember the nightmare and are not aware that you are in the room or even who you are.Night terrors are more like sleepwalking as far as being aware of your surroundings,and remembering what caused it,My children had them and I would sit in the room until they calmed down and they fell asleep.Unless it gets out of hand and becomes more severe than the normal night terror it could be a sign of something else going on,in that case it would be wise to keep a diary of frequency and severity and take them back to the doctors.....good luck to you

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My brother used to suffer with night terrors and I remember the horror that he seemed to be experiencing. It freaked us out so much that none of us liked sharing a room with him at night. He used to say stuff like," Mummy save me from the monsters" and "Mummy I'm sorry I faiIed the test". I asked him about it when he was older and he said that although he did not really remember them as such, he just used to see two grey lines coming together and then skidding off each other. He then went on to have teenage epilepsy and I wonder if there is a connection. Other night terror 'victims' I have known have suffered from migranes or deja vu. I would conclude it is just a brain 'thing'!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Sounds like your daughter is encountering spirits and this can be a very frightful experience for any child. many members have already given you great advice on how to deal with this but i believe your grandmother allowed a portal in your home to have opened and spirits are attracted to it and your house, and your daughter. Clearing the home and closing the portal is the only way to solve this problem. Should you have any specific questions for me or need any help or advice feel free to message me!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
was just wandering how things have been going as of late havent heard too much from you. was kind of hoping for an update as to if things have gotten better or worse or are about the same, still very interested in this post.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

First, do not worry.

This is not spirits or anything like that. Night terrors are a symptom of a sleep disorder. I suffered from them four or five times in childhood and adolescence and they are scary as hell. Generally you feel like you cannot move and that there is some sort of completely evil presence that could manifest in any number of ways. Sometimes there is a buzzing noise. I do not know why that is exactly, but I believe it has something to do with being partially asleep so your body cannot yet move and perhaps the rest is chemical.

Sleepwalking is another symptom of a sleep disorder so I'm pretty sure that's what this poor kid is suffering from.

The treatment I finally found for my sleep problems was the supplement 5-HTP (at any health food store), which I took for about a year. Highly, highly recommended. I never had another night terror again and that was years ago. However, this child is very young so I'm not sure if she would be able to take it.

Instead I would suggest feeding her something containing tryptophan before bedtime. Maybe a nice turkey sandwich

Also make sure you explain what a night terror is, that it's not real, there's no such thing as (whatever she sees), it's just a dream, and tell her some phrase that she can say to herself when it happens ("I'm protected by God/The Universe/etc.") and that she will wake up when she says it, because night terrors generally only last a minute (a long, terrifying minute).

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join