It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven is a Real Place, and This Author May Know Where It Is!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If you believe that heaven is a real place, not an imaginary spirit realm, but an actual physical location where God dwells, then you might be interested in what I'm about to present. I will make reference to two separate articles related to my research. The first is an article from the New York Times which discusses NASA's discovery of an unknown power source located in the center of our galaxy, the Milky Way.

Here is the link: www.nytimes.com...

The second source comes from a document authored by Dr. Lynn M Hilton PhD. known as "The Kolob Theorem".
In it, the author postulates that the throne of God and heaven are located at the center of the Milky Way! After reading the entire article, 98 pages, I have to admit that Dr. Hilton presents what I believe to be a very plausible case for that being the location of heaven. Obviously, not everyone believes that such a place even exist, but if you are a person of faith, as I am, I think you will find this very interesting.

Here is the link: hickmanmuseum.homestead.com...

Please let me know what you think, and if your an unbeliever, please be gentle.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
welcome to ats... I can close my eyes and see the enitre universe.... all places are real places... our mind creates and defines reality and reality is relative. If you think you have found heaven,i am sure you have

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've been outside my body, and let me tell you, you won't care about much of anything once you leave that body.
Gods bless you for caring about others.... but it makes no difference either way, we exist outside of these bodies... that's all that really matters. Heaven or Hell, it's a state of mind.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Bah! When religious nuts aren't condemning science as the work of The Devil, they are praising it as some kind of indication that their ridiculous beliefs have some actual foundation in reality.
Was that gentle enough... I really did restrain myself...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MitchL61The first is an article from the New York Times which discusses NASA's discovery of an unknown power source located in the center of our galaxy, the Milky Way.

Pretty much everyone I know that's in that line of business thinks it's jets from the black hole in the center of our galaxy, because you can see the same thing happening in similar galaxies to ours.

The second source comes from a document authored by Dr. Lynn M Hilton PhD. known as "The Kolob Theorem".
In it, the author postulates that the throne of God and heaven are located at the center of the Milky Way!

Well, Mr Hilton is a devout Mormon (strike one - if you get a religious zealot proposing a religious solution to a problem in science, you just got to set your BS filter to "plaid"), and his doctorate is in educational management. I'm sure he peppers any references to his beliefs in the "Kolob theory" with Dr this and PhD that, but he's a school principal, not a physicist. So any postulating he's doing in that vein is coming from his posterior, otherwise referred to by "Doc Bedlam" as the Uranus Conjecture, wherein I conjecture he's pulling his data from Uranus.

I did notice that you didn't post the ENTIRE title to the document - it's "The Kolob Theorem - A Mormon's View of God's Starry Universe" which ought to tell you everything you'd want to know right there.

edited twice to remove mysterious God-like empty space at the bottom
edit on 9-6-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Sorry.

All that should be required in life is that you keep an open mind. Mitch, thanks for the presentation.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

My favorite line on the SIMPSONS ever was when the judge ordered religion to stay at least 500 ft from science at all times. lol

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So there is a Heaven in the center of every galaxy? It's a great concept but frankly just not plausable. I know there is a black hole in the center and I dunno if I'd call that Heaven. I believe in God and life after death but honestly, our human brains cannot conceive what truly the thereafter is. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Are you serious? That is a hoot.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
Bah! When religious nuts aren't condemning science as the work of The Devil, they are praising it as some kind of indication that their ridiculous beliefs have some actual foundation in reality.

Thanks for the obvious restraint, I could tell you really wanted to let loose on me! If with our obvious differences I hope to learn more from everyone hear on ATS, including you.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I've been outside my body, and let me tell you, you won't care about much of anything once you leave that body.
Gods bless you for caring about others.... but it makes no difference either way, we exist outside of these bodies... that's all that really matters. Heaven or Hell, it's a state of mind.

Are you a lucid dreamer?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wasn't that the story line of Star Trek 5?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

LOL! Probably good advice

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

I think it is important to keep and open mind, which I try to. I am not suggesting that this the only possible explanation, but it is something to think about. And judging from the responses I've received so far, I think most people are close-minded to the idea before they even look into it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

That wasn't even close to gentle Q and you know it. In fact it even hurt me. A little.

Happy hence forth comest thou ye new to the body of ATS !

Oh and thanks for the links. I should be busy for awhile. (presses intercom button) Hold my calls !
edit on 9-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by MitchL61The first is an article from the New York Times which discusses NASA's discovery of an unknown power source located in the center of our galaxy, the Milky Way.

Pretty much everyone I know that's in that line of business thinks it's jets from the black hole in the center of our galaxy, because you can see the same thing happening in similar galaxies to ours.

In it, the author postulates that the throne of God and heaven are located at the center of the Milky Way!

Well, Mr Hilton is a devout Mormon (strike one - if you get a religious zealot proposing a religious solution to a problem in science, you just got to set your BS filter to "plaid"), and his doctorate is in educational management. I'm sure he peppers any references to his beliefs in the "Kolob theory" with Dr this and PhD that, but he's a school principal, not a physicist. So any postulating he's doing in that vein is coming from his posterior, otherwise referred to by "Doc Bedlam" as the Uranus Conjecture, wherein I conjecture he's pulling his data from Uranus.

I did notice that you didn't post the ENTIRE title to the document - it's "The Kolob Theorem - A Mormon's View of God's Starry Universe" which ought to tell you everything you'd want to know right there.

edited twice to remove mysterious God-like empty space at the bottom
edit on 9-6-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

This is the most obvious prejudiced ignorant bias used to blind eye information I have seen today. In no part of this post were any of the points of the article debated The only obvious points made were that A you are prejudiced against people with belief and B you employ the same orthodox ignorance for denying information Religious zealots use in their arguments. Using character assassination to imply provided information has no value is not only ignorance but it's pseudo skepticism. Orthodox and bias attacks are not only de-evolutionary to the consciousness of those who read them but they are like robot trolls spouting out dogma that does nothing to drill down and understand what is being presented. IMO

Analysis of the Theorem actually shows how many texts in religious books point out information being confirmed by astronomers today. It looks to me like an attempt to consolidate the possibility that perhaps there was some understanding of the universe being conveyed in the heavily edited works we have today.

edit on 9-6-2011 by Shirak because: I realize that hte above post is partially hypocritical be meh.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

First, in response to your statement that pretty much everyone in that business believes the power is being generated by a black hole in the center, I take exception to. In the center of the Andromeda Galaxy, for instance, the nearest galaxy to ours, and therefore the easiest to study, we have seen a huge bubble of energy at its center and not a black hole. The first article I referenced from the New York Times, states that scientist have discovered two huge energy bubble at the center of our galaxy, not a black hole as you suggest. The other article by Dr. Hilton you sound like you are disregarding because the Dr. is a Mormon. That seems a little closed-minded. Many Mormons are some of the most educated people on the planet, and to disregard all their theories just because they're Mormon seems unwise.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chevy369
Wasn't that the story line of Star Trek 5?

You beat me to it !!!! Star Trek V...Sha Ka Ree...

Sha Ka Ree was an idyllic place in Vulcan mythology, analogous to the Human Eden, the Klingon Qui'Tu, or the Romulan Vorta Vor, that Spock's half-brother, Sybok, believed he located on a planet at the center of the galaxy. Sybok believed that a powerful entity existed there, which he called "God", and that all life had originated on Sha Ka Ree. Sybok searched for this planet for many years, collecting a group of loyal fundamentalists as he continued to search.

memory-alpha.org...

I don't believe Heaven is at the center of the Galaxy...but there has been a good thread last year reporting this discovery: (The bubble emissions that is, not Heaven)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: Oh, and Welcome to ATS

edit on 9-6-2011 by SonoftheSun because: noticed the intro forum...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MitchL61

And thank you for your moderate reply. That is a rare thing to find in people defending their beliefs. While I cannot respect your belief that God lives in the center of the Milky Way (that is way too much like the stance that The Church took against Galileo for my taste) I certainly respect the fact that you didn't respond to my statement with an even more rash one. Star for you my friend. (hmm... that is I would give you a star if I were able to on this thread... odd...)

edit on 9-6-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hmmmm....what if Heaven were inside the blackhole? Since we no very little about them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join