It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet Napolitano Visits NYU Law School to Discuss Need For Citizen Spies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

"We have to get to a place where every part of our society is cognizant of the kinds of threats that are out there, and empowered to take some common sense steps to counter that." -- Janet Napolitano

If there is anyone in Washington that makes me shudder in fear, it's this woman. She seems Hell-Bent on making all citizens either suspected terrorists or spies. First Wal-Mart and now this.

I remember when the "If you see something, say something" program came into effect and I commented that soon, our neighbors will be our biggest fear and not the terrorists. It came faster than I thought and in fact, it's all picking up speed.

If your neighbor turns you in for suspicious behavior, you will be arrested, held with no rights indefinitely.

Janet Napolitano Says Lone Wolf Terrorists Are On The Loose

www.activistpost.com...

In the video below Napolitano lays out a sweeping surveillance agenda that includes citizen spies who have a mission of "shared responsibility" to thwart "Core" al-Qaeda, foreign groups "inspired by" al-Qaeda, as well as domestic "extremist" groups, which apparently include an increasing number of plots by U.S. citizens.

She added that "there is no single portrait" of today's potential terrorist, citing recruiting tactics "including Hip Hop videos, if you can imagine that." And, naturally, cyberspace. Each of the four key ways that she stated as critical to Homeland Security's mission will widen the Stasi-style network of unpaid employees of the State virtually deputized to spy on their neighbor in the private and public sector and issue reports to the DHS federal security matrix.

1. Strengthen the nation's 72 fusion centers, which coordinate with local police, businesses, churches, universities and more in a cooperative effort to federalize local communities.

I thought the Fusion centers were 1 per state? Got that wrong. Federalize local communities? Is this another way of moving the Feds in next door?

2. Continue the expanded use of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR), initially used for IRS reporting and for businesses to alert government officials to large cash purchases at their establishments. The new initiative will cover all sectors that will share back to DHS.

Another way to track our spending and control what we can and can not purchase? Or just a means to check into your background for the hell of it?

3. 3. Launch the National Terrorism Advisory System to replace the general color-coded terror alert system and set up a "base level" high risk, which will be augmented with specific messages. One component of this new system that she does not address is that it will be directed toward the individual by utilizing a text messaging system, as well as social networks to issue government statements and warnings (or propaganda).

This one is self explanatory but what the hell is "base level" risk? Anyone know of this?

4. Continue expansion of a national "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign that began with the NY Metropolitan Transit Authority, and kicked off at private businesses like Wal-Mart whereby people can receive ongoing messages via telescreens in government buildings, private businesses and public areas, then report on anyone for any reason without consequence for false reports.

This is straight out of futuristic movies. I can see when the time will come of the first thing you see coming out of your house will be a screen. "Please follow the yellow line. The white line is for your guardians."

Another Source:

gsnmagazine.com...

Some people have argued that such seizures represent an unwarranted infringement on civil liberties, as reported in Government Security News on May 18, 2011, but Napolitano did not suggest that her department was planning to change its policy in this area.

A Nation of citizen spies is shaping up. Who will you trust? Who will you talk to about your Govt.? Who can you complain to about your taxes, banking, environment...anything?

You won't talk to anyone. Just shut up and move along. This is what makes a productive citizen in the coming days.

edit on 9-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Nazi-ism, it's that simple
Get em while they are young so the below will be normal procedure

What to do?

The power is still with the people though, we must understand the people are part of the problem
Today with all of this people, even here on ATS, still will vote for the most popular and who they think will win.
They don't realize that voting good is so much better than the lesser evil.

We are 100% part of the problem!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I believe people are more sane than what the government realized. I don't think the people will fall for such a stupid idea.

edit on 9-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I couldn't help but think of this when I read your post:

Sad times ahead my friend. . .
edit on 6/9/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yep it's time... move to the desert... build an arsenal... keep my mouth shut... hope for the best... prepare for the worst... it really is sad that it only took the nazi's 70 years to take over America... and to think our leaders brought them here with such good intentions...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I agree with you that this entire business is very disturbing and getting more so.

How far we've come. 15 years ago if someone were to tell you the level of government envolvement in our personal lives and described the modern police state that would be implemented by 2011 you would call them crazy.

If the person then told you that all of that would happen without a bit of vocal opposition on the part of the citizens, you would not believe that would be possible, yet here we are.

This DHS infrastrucure is in place now and it will be impossible to dismantle it. Too much power and way too much corporate juice. The on-going follys in the Middle East are nothing compared to the long-term contracts that are being tossed out under the banner of keeping us safe.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If there are ways that we can make anonymous tips about our fellow citizens, claiming that they are involved in terrorist activities, I say that we all need to report each and every cop that terrorizes us. Perhaps, after they get their door beat in and the feds don't even declare who they are, and they reach for their weapon to defend THEIR homes and families thinking it a home invasion, resulting in THEM getting murdered by the authorities for NO REASON, maybe after a few of THEM get murdered because of policies saying it is OK to terrorize citizens, then some good just may come of this citizen spy crap.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
She keeps trying to sell the American public that martial law is good and necessary... It's so Nazi-like it makes my head spin... When will the sheeples wake up so we can flush this like you would any with rotten thing

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJDoggie84
She keeps trying to sell the American public that martial law is good and necessary... It's so Nazi-like it makes my head spin... When will the sheeples wake up so we can flush this like you would any with rotten thing

As I mentioned, this woman is the scariest person I have ever seen come out of Washington. Not just with her agenda but the power she has been given in order to implement that agenda.

This tells me that her 'Boss' is all for it also and is using her to push it on the people.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by jude11

If there are ways that we can make anonymous tips about our fellow citizens, claiming that they are involved in terrorist activities, I say that we all need to report each and every cop that terrorizes us. Perhaps, after they get their door beat in and the feds don't even declare who they are, and they reach for their weapon to defend THEIR homes and families thinking it a home invasion, resulting in THEM getting murdered by the authorities for NO REASON, maybe after a few of THEM get murdered because of policies saying it is OK to terrorize citizens, then some good just may come of this citizen spy crap.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

ONLY the bad ones mind, the good ones are very hard to find, and even harder to replace with good enough.

Mind you saying that what we should do is report ALL politicians to the authorities as they seem to be the terrorists these days, making laws to promote wars and killing.
edit on 10/6/11 by DataWraith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Fushion Centers exists in just about every state, some have multiple by now... Even at least one new center popped up since early May this year, with plans of more to come.
edit on 10-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: fixed

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's a strange double-standard in politics when both of the major parties spout this rhetoric about a united USA but both parties seem to want to turn us all against one another. Keep us fighting amongst ourselves and our eyes will be diverted away from the hand manipulating the puppet strings.

The rapid indoctrination of the USA toward accepting and participating in the police state breaks my heart. If this path is followed to its end it means the total destruction of American society.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not a big surprise, since the head of the East Germany stasi, Markus Wolf, was hired in 2004 to set up Homeland Security.

East Germany had something like one spy/informants for every 66 citizens at the HEIGHT of the stasi... if you only counted the spies, one for every 166 people... so they need about 1% of people to be informants, and start arresting people... and everyone will be afraid to talk.

edit on 13-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The government needs to set an example or live by their own words. They were the ones that was employing a Dr. at a military base who they knew had mental problems allowed to continue to see patients and who ended up murdering people on the base. They can't even monitor there own. The government is in chaos. We are left to fend for ourselves. Obama has failed us as a leader nationally and internationaly. I have no problem with them setting up a Government Crime stoppers. Where we could call in animously to report on government employees involved in illegal activities. We already have our own citzens Crime Stoppers to report on each other. I guess Janet is clueless about Crime Stoppers....or maybe everystate or city needs to organize there own if they don't have one.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
The government needs to set an example or live by their own words. They were the ones that was employing a Dr. at a military base who they knew had mental problems allowed to continue to see patients and who ended up murdering people on the base. They can't even monitor there own. The government is in chaos. We are left to fend for ourselves. Obama has failed us as a leader nationally and internationaly. I have no problem with them setting up a Government Crime stoppers. Where we could call in animously to report on government employees involved in illegal activities. We already have our own citzens Crime Stoppers to report on each other. I guess Janet is clueless about Crime Stoppers....or maybe everystate or city needs to organize there own if they don't have one.

Unfortunately, Crime Stoppers isn't enough for Janet. She wants to be at the head of all groups. Crime Stoppers, DHS, TSA etc.

This woman is a nazi in every sense of the word and must be stopped.

When you choose to have your face on a tv screen for people to see when they go shopping, there is a much bigger problem here. The message on those tv screens could have easily been text or an actor with the same message.

But no, Janet wants her face up front as the image of the New Order. This is why she scares me the most.

Too much power for one person has gone to her head.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
well Geez Janet, they implemented your
program for more citizen spies and deduced
that you were a bigger threat than what they
saw in their daily lives.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well Geez Janet, they implemented your
program for more citizen spies and deduced
that you were a bigger threat than what they