It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I've been lied to!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I myself do not believe in the "war" err no fly zone in Libya, and most of the people I interact with think the same way.
We just should not interfere with other companies...err countries.
I was reading faux news and see an article on the war...err no fly zone in Libya.
The title of the article is Voters Want Congressional Approval for Libya Effort.
I do not believe this so I read the article.
First off the title makes one think that some voters are seeking approval for the war....err no fly zone.
The body of the article states,

Just over half of American voters want the U.S. and its allies to force Libyan leader Muammar al-Qaddafi from power. At the same time, a majority opposes the ongoing military action in that country, as most say the Obama administration has not explained the goal there.

According to a Fox News poll released Thursday, 30 percent of voters favor U.S. military involvement in Libya. A majority -- 58 percent -- opposes the action. That’s little changed from early April when 30 percent were in favor and 62 percent were opposed.

So, they say in one breath, "Just over half of American voters want the U.S. and its allies to force Libyan leader Muammar al-Qaddafi from power."
Then in the next breath,
"A majority -- 58 percent -- opposes the action. "
OK here is the big surprise, I am not the smartest man on the planet, but i can fit the circles in the round holes and the squares into the square holes Etc.
I see how they also give 2 choices of "Action" but they both lead to the same path.
What I need help on is, Does "Just over half" equal "30 percent "?
How does this work?
Is FAUX news lying to me?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
bro..if you knew what this libyan "war" is about...you will begin to understnd the anxiety felt while qaddafi is in power....watch this to get a perspective on why were there..

i admit that th propaganda machine that you are refering to above, will no doubtedly irritate the educated mind...but put that to the side....as selling oil for gold would bury us...!
edit on 9-6-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Haven't we all be lied to ?
The war's is probably something petty anyway.
Gaddfi doesn't want the NWO because it taeks away from his dictatorship and he's paying the price

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

That is one part of the puzzle, there of course is the oil, but I find this to be much more compelling to be honest.
How Goldman Sachs Lost Over $1 billion of Libyan Money

In 2008, Libya’s sovereign-wealth fund invested $1.3 billion in Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), of which they lost about 98%. Then, in an attempt to make up for their losses, Goldman offered Libya the chance to become one of their biggest shareholders by investing $3.7 billion. In the summer of 2009, Goldman made three formal offers of preferred shares or unsecured debt, with negotiations going on for months, though nothing came to fruition

While officials at Libya’s sovereign-wealth fund accused Goldman (NYSE:GS) of misrepresentation, the firm denied any wrongdoing on their part. Still, whether to avoid sullying their reputation should news of Libya’s losses get out, or simply to maintain a working relationship with the Libyan government because of business ties within the country, Goldman tried to make amends with their $3.7 billion offer. But with the deal nearly set, Goldman backed out, instead offering investment opportunities in other U.S. financial firms, which the Libyan Investment Authority deemed too risky. Ultimately no deal was made, and in February, U.N. sanctions against doing business with Libya were re-instated as $37 billion of the Libyan Investment Authority’s $53 billion in assets (as of 2010) were frozen by U.S. officials.

So when you have the Bank Cartels trying to get out of paying Libya back mixed with the Oil Cartels wanting to control the flow of Oil and ensure it remains US Dollar backed, you get a WAR err.. No Fly Zone.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I know exactly what this war is about Bro!
It most definately NOT about humanitarian reasons, otherwise we would be in many other countries before Libya.
It seems we're in agreement!

edit on 9-6-2011 by g146541 because: bad grammar

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Definately nothing petty but the opposite, first off he would crash our petro dollar and leave it in the dust, and secondly he would unite Africa.
Imagine a United Africa, lotta resources to be exploited still.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijaqd

Agreed free money is a nice thing if you are the one receiving it.
Especially if you have the brainwashed masses to decimate the people you owe?
Why litigate when you can decimate??

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i prefer the other way of dealing with our debts.

you know how america would ultimatly deal with its trillion dollar debts......now listen.....by merging with another economy,,!!

if....actually when the US.S merges with canada....with the amero....then the deabt would be filtered out amongst the two economies....the more economies (rich ones) you add to this....the burden of the deabt would eventually disappear!

there...and no war...just oppurtunity and growth

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Canada and the US cannot merge into one nation, this would give Canadians all of the rights we as USicans enjoy.
Up to and including tthe right to keep and bear arms, they don't want that now.
Just like after invading and decimating the Libyan nation the will not be under the US umbrella as they would have rights they did not under a dictator.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Canada and the US cannot merge into one nation, this would give Canadians all of the rights we as USicans enjoy.
Just like after invading and decimating the Libyan nation the will not be under the US umbrella as they would have rights they did not under a dictator.

To the gun right issue, all I can say is:
U.N Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms - ATS Thread

They have thought out all of these issues well in advance and we're just now starting to see the implementation stage.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

You ever think maybe WE would give up OUR guns to match the Canadian (and UN) stances on that issue?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

if....actually when the US.S merges with canada....with the amero....then the deabt would be filtered out amongst the two economies....the more economies (rich ones) you add to this....the burden of the deabt would eventually disappear!

It is called the Constitution and that will never happen. They can butcher it all they want but we will never merge with Canada......eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Bro this is about the Empire. and how the people are not striking back. and just out right saying enough! But no we let the empire continue to do what it does best, I think we all know what that is

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
very enlightening thread....short but sweet...

peace

top topics

join