It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Italian Deadline Expires. Al-Qaeda Launches Threats. Terror Groups Go to Quiet.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've just received email about the latest threat to Italy. The Deadline set by al-qaeda has passed and this threat has been receieved....

On Ubay Hfs 's battalions compact : the end of the deadline to the Italian nation

On the compact of its source

The In the Name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful

Ubay Hfs 's battalions the Egyptian

The Al-Qaeda Network

To the Italian nation ...

The peace on the one(s) who followed the guidance and after ...

The end of the deadline that was defined for you and to your government with the withdrawal of its forces to a relative, and we will see if you were being characterized by the wisdom so that you take the decision of the withdrawal from Iraq, or then the bloody war in its way to you, and we will not stop the raids about Rome, and you will not feel the safety in your houses, then each place will become a goal after the end of the deadline, and will complete targeting any place, and the goals defined, and remained that the deadline that was issued in a first last month ends ..

Our cells in Rome and in remainder Italian cities have prepared their equipment and any power will not dissuade us about hitting your strongholds, and we will transfer your life to a hell it is not tolerated, if you did not withdraw from the Muslim country, Iraq .

The mocking at the Islamic civilization will not pass below a punishment, and your nation will not enjoy O Brliscony is with the safety except if the Iraqi nation felt the safety when you withdraw from their country .. And that changed then our hitting will head for each place in every age .... Until your getting out of Iraq land ..

To our cells in the Italian cities ...

The war has approached therefore that mobilize you all to the fierce war after the end of the deadline that was defined, you got ready for hitting any target that waves in front of you after the end of the deadline that was defined ... So that we make taste Brliscony and his group the bitterness of the blood that made taste him to the Iraqi nation, after they chose the mean following Bush, and the mean is Blair ..

And he who wronged will know any return they turn back

Ubay Hfs 's battalions the Egyptian
The Al-Qaeda Network
Saturday 21 / 6 / 1425 hijri - 7 / 8 / 2004 AD

I'll have more on this when i get it, it was taken from a website that is known to house terrorist chatter.

This "press release" has been touted on an Islamic media board that is well known for its links to Al-Qaeda. Whilst investigation of the site continues i'll continue to keep you updated on what they're saying.

The links have been passed onto the FBI for review.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by Nerdling]

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
can you say where the e-mail came from?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
can you say where the e-mail came from?

Not right now, the site is a wealth of pictures and video's. The people sending me things won't release the URL's till they've managed to get everything from it.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Understandable. I know you'll keep us posted.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm waiting for permission to post the rest of the messages as i'd rather not steal from the person who has spent a while translating.

Targets so far...

Rome & New York.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thanks for keeping us informed. I've long felt that the Vatican might well be a key target. Ugh, Rome and New York. Not good.
joey

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I'm waiting for permission to post the rest of the messages as i'd rather not steal from the person who has spent a while translating.

Targets so far...

Rome & New York.

Rome and New York. That's just great. When are you people going to wake up and realize that George Bush is going to wind up getting us all killed?

Prior to 9/11, Osama bin Laden had been complaining for many years about the 5,000 American troops in Saudi Arabia. The Israel/Palestine situation was way down on his list of complaints. It was only after 9/11 that Osama started pushing the Israel/Palestine issue, in order to gain wider support in the Arab world.

But, despite repeated warnings from Osama and attacks by Al Qaeda, the USA kept its troops in Saudi Arabia long beyond the time when there was any reason to be there. The result was 9/11. Please do not say that the 9/11 attack was a surprise attack or unprovoked. We provoked that attack by keeping our troops in Saudi Arabia. It was not a surprise attack because Osama had declared war against the USA in a fatwa, years before.

So if 5,000 U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia provoked 9/11, what do you suppose attacking and occupying an entire Arab country with 140,000 American troops is going to provoke? If we continue to occupy Iraq with 140,000 troops, the eventual response will make 9/11 look like a minor bit of unpleasantness. Like I said, George Bush is going to wind up getting us all killed.

The idea that you can fight terrorism by invading and occupying an Arab country is preposterous. The fact is, before Bush invaded Iraq, there was no terrorism in Iraq. Whatever else you say about Saddam, he certainly kept a lid on things. Now, hundreds of civilians are killed with massive car bombs, and there are dozens of smaller terrorist attacks against U.S. soldiers and Iraqi civilians every day. Bush's Iraq War has greatly increased the level of terrorism in Iraq, and is a huge recruiting tool for terrorists.

The only effective way to fight terrorism is to first withdraw all troops from Afghanistan and Iraq, then address the root causes of terrorism.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Can this people just leave NY alone? It seems that Al-queda has an obsession with NY. Bush is in Washington and he is the one that Al-queda hates for the Afghanistan attacks.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
The only effective way to fight terrorism is to first withdraw all troops from Afghanistan and Iraq, then address the root causes of terrorism.

What are the root causes of terrorism, and how would you address them?

I think we would love to hear the solution to this.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Can this people just leave NY alone? It seems that Al-queda has an obsession with NY. Bush is in Washington and he is the one that Al-queda hates for the Afghanistan attacks.

Ask yourself these questions... What drives this nation? Money. Where is a majority of the money in this nation? NYC. So to cripple the nation as effectively as possible where would be the best target? NYC.

Sure, DC would be a good target, but other than government there really isn't much there that could be damaged. Besides, the government is designed to still run in the event of DC being destroyed. The economy, on the other hand, doesn't have much of a backup.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I've just received email about the latest threat to Italy. The Deadline set by al-qaeda has passed and this threat has been receieved....

Nerdling,

Group claiming Qaida links says cells in Italy ready to strike if country`s troops don`t leave Iraq by August 15

Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades had previously issued threats against European countries, saying it would start with Italy, for not responding to a "truce" issued to European states by al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden which expired in July.

Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, a close U.S. ally, backed last year's invasion to overthrow Saddam Hussein. Italy has around 2,700 troops in Iraq

[edit on 7-8-2004 by Riwka]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Update:

Reuters: Al Qaeda-Linked Cell Says Will Hit Italy

"The truce we had offered you...to withdraw your troops has almost ended. Our cells in Rome and in all other Italian cities are prepared and ready to carry out their mission after the end of the truce on the 15th of this month," said the statement signed by Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades -- al Qaeda Organization.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

What are the root causes of terrorism, and how would you address them?

I think we would love to hear the solution to this.

I would love to hear the solution to this problem also. I don't claim to know the solution, but I am quite sure that Bush's strategy of war combined with search and destroy tactics will never work.

It's late where I am, and I am tired. I will try to make a post and offer a few thoughts tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Rome and New York. That's just great. When are you people going to wake up and realize that George Bush is going to wind up getting us all killed?

Where exactly do you get this information donguillermo?...always blaming the US....typical...... That's not what Osama has said, and I quote him giving fault to other American presidents......."from him"

This is an interview in 1998 done to Osama...

OSAMA BIN LADEN Praise be to Allah. It does not worry us what the Americans think. What worries us is pleasing Allah. The Americans impose themselves on everyone who believes in his religion and his rights. They accuse our children in Palestine of being terrorists. Those children that have no weapons and have not even reached maturity. At the same time they defend a country with its airplanes and tanks, and the state of the Jews, that has a policy to destroy the future of these children.

Clinton stands after Qana and defends the horrible massacre that severed the heads of children and killed about 100 persons. Clinton stands and claims Israel has the right to defend itself. We do not worry about American opinion, or the fact the place prices on our heads.
JOHN MILLER Mr. bin Laden, you have issued a fatwa calling on all Muslims to kill Americans where they can, when they can. Is that directed at all Americans, just American military, just Americans in Saudi Arabia?

OSAMA BIN LADEN As we mentioned before, Allah ordered us in this religion to purify Muslim land of all non-believers, and especially the Arabian Peninsula where the Keba is. After WWII, the Americans became more aggressive and oppressive, especially in the Muslim world.

We are surprised this question is coming from Americans. Each action will solicit a similar reaction. We must use such punishment to keep your evil away from Muslims, Muslim children and women.

Excerpted from.
To Terror's Source: John Miller's 1998 Interview With Osama Bin Laden

You do also know that Osama, along with all other radicals, say that a great part of Europe, including Spain, is Muslim land? and they want it all back. This is one of the reasons for them wanting to start a war in Europe, one of their predictions is about invading Rome and Italy once again and claiming it for them........They want those lands back which they have conquered after the 630s AD....

Its funny that Osama does not talk about the oppression of the Assyrian Christians, who are the true people (natives) of Iraq, and parts of Syria, and Iran, not the Muslims. The Muslims invaded Iraq and most of the Middle East which was not originally theirs, and are still oppressing the Assyrian Christians and other ethnic groups which belong to those parts. Making them either become Muslim or taxing them by paying Jizya. If you think taxes in the US are bad, you don't know what "infidels"(non-Muslims) have to pay in Muslim countries, unless of course they become Muslims, accepting Islam...

Yes, it is true that the US army back in the day did the same to the native Americans, but neither side is trying to destroy the other now.

Now, lets see since when Osama stated that he wanted to attack the US....

"To counter these atheist Russians, the Saudis chose me as their representative in Afghanistan... I did not fight against the communist threat while forgetting the peril from the West."

"For us, the idea was not to get involved more than necessary in the fight against the Russians, which was the business of the Americans, but rather to show our solidarity with our Islamist brothers. I discovered that it was not enough to fight in Afghanistan, but that we had to fight on all fronts against communist or Western oppression. The urgent thing was communism, but the next target was America... This is an open war up to the end, until victory."

Excerpted from.
Osama bin Laden v. the U.S.: Edicts and Statements

Now, as you can see above, Osama and terrorists have been planning on attacking the US for a long time now... and it is not because of the war in Iraq, or anything that has happened recently. He just uses what is happening now as an excuse, but they always wanted to attack the US.

[edit on 7-8-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
America's struggles will end favorably only if they follow Churchill's dictum: "Victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."

Italy should double the troops. That would send a clear message.

[edit on 7-8-2004 by Riwka]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
THAT was one heck of a well researched, backed up post! Applaud button has been hit!

I agree that the terrorists had been gunning for the US LONG BEFORE we invaded Iraq or Afghanistan... The shortsighted view du jour always seeks the spin it seems, alas...

I mean how OBVIOUS can it be?! 9/11 CAUSED the invasion of Afghanistan not the reverse.

m...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Reuters report of Al Qaeda letting Italy know time is running out:

Al Qaeda-Linked Cell Vows to Hit Italy
DUBAI (Reuters) - A militant group claiming links to al Qaeda said in a statement Saturday its cells in Italy were ready to strike if the country did not withdraw troops from Iraq before a 15-day deadline given by the group expired this month.

"The truce we had offered you...to withdraw your troops has almost ended. Our cells in Rome and in all other Italian cities are prepared and ready to carry out their mission after the end of the truce on the 15th of this month," said the statement signed by Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades -- al Qaeda Organization.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Muaddib says

Now, as you can see above, Osama and terrorists have been planning on attacking the US for a long time now... and it is not because of the war in Iraq, or anything that has happened recently. He just uses what is happening now as an excuse, but they always wanted to attack the US.

Again, I ask you, how did you ever get to be a reporter? You obviously cannot read, and you are constructing a strawman argument. I clearly stated in my original post that Osama and terrorists have been planning on attacking the US for a long time. In my original post I said

Prior to 9/11, Osama bin Laden had been complaining for many years about the 5,000 American troops in Saudi Arabia. The Israel/Palestine situation was way down on his list of complaints. It was only after 9/11 that Osama started pushing the Israel/Palestine issue, in order to gain wider support in the Arab world.

But, despite repeated warnings from Osama and attacks by Al Qaeda, the USA kept its troops in Saudi Arabia long beyond the time when there was any reason to be there. The result was 9/11. Please do not say that the 9/11 attack was a surprise attack or unprovoked. We provoked that attack by keeping our troops in Saudi Arabia. It was not a surprise attack because Osama had declared war against the USA in a fatwa, years before.

So you seem to think you have delivered a great refutation to my post, when, in fact, I clearly pointed out that Osama wanted to attack us long before 9/11. Then you make this ridiculous statement.

and it is not because of the war in Iraq, or anything that has happened recently. He just uses what is happening now as an excuse,

Sorry, but that is just plain nonsense. As I pointed out, 5,000 American troops in an Arab country was the primary irritant that caused the 9/11 attack. 140,000 more American troops in another Arab country clearly exacerbate the situation, and make another terrorist attack more likely. Why do you refuse to accept the fact that it is our own actions which provoke these terrorist attacks? The terrorists do not hate us because of our freedom and liberty. That is a fairy tale concocted by George Bush. The cycle of violence and reprisal will only get worse until people like you and George Bush no longer have any say about American foreign policy.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Good arguments everyone, so far its a great read! But you failed to remember that this whole Osama hating the US actually does start with the war in Iraq though; the first war. That is when our troops went to Saudi Arabia and decided it was a good idea to hang out for the past 12 years.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
THAT was one heck of a well researched, backed up post! Applaud button has been hit!

I agree that the terrorists had been gunning for the US LONG BEFORE we invaded Iraq or Afghanistan... The shortsighted view du jour always seeks the spin it seems, alas...

I mean how OBVIOUS can it be?! 9/11 CAUSED the invasion of Afghanistan not the reverse.

m...

Like Muaddib, you are simply constructing strawman arguments and misrepresenting what I said. Here is what I said in my original post.

I think that makes it clear that I was saying that " the terrorists had been gunning for the US LONG BEFORE we invaded Iraq or Afghanistan." Yet you ignore what I said in my post, and label my opinion "the shortsighted view du jour." It is you who suffer from shortsightedness, by not bothering to read my post, and for refusing to accept that it was American actions which provoked 9/11.

Then you make another strawman argument.

How obvious can it be that I never said the invasion of Afghanistan caused 9/11? Yet you seem to think you have soundly refuted me here.

Your applause button should be taken away from you. Muaddib ignored my post, and constructed a strawman argument, refuting what I had never said with a restatement of what I had said. Then he made this ridiculous statement.

and it is not because of the war in Iraq, or anything that has happened recently. He just uses what is happening now as an excuse,

Do you really support the view that the invasion and occupation of Iraq has not made future terrorist attacks more likely? Get a clue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join