It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Seen a Blue Lobster???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ran across this video and had to share it. A blue lobster was caught off of the coast of Edwards Island in Canada....has anyone else ever seen anything like this? Video says its a genetic mutation...is it from toxins and pollution instead? haha

oddnews.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It's Prince*** Edward Island.
But no, I have never seen anything like it!
Time to google and read for an hour x.x
Thanks for sharing!
edit on 9-6-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
Ran across this video and had to share it. A blue lobster was caught off of the coast of Edwards Island in Canada....has anyone else ever seen anything like this? Video says its a genetic mutation...is it from toxins and pollution instead? haha
oddnews.yahoo.com...

Seen that on the news. I've seen them before but this is a beauty. Sometimes the really cool ones are blue on one side and brown on the other, right down the middle.

Sadly for this guy is that he'll live out his days in a tank. He should be let go to live out his days in his home...the Ocean.

edit on 9-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
That is just beautiful!

I love the color blue and I love lobster, what a combination
.... seriously though that's great, i'd love to see one of those in the flesh!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

Yes seen Blue Lobsters before, I'm not sure what causes it but i think it has something to do with the quality of water like it does with yabbies, I used to manage an aquarium store and we used to get lots of Electric Blue Yabbies and once they were in our tanks they would sometimes either dull in colour or completly change back to the more common brown yabby, occassionally they wold however stay electric blue, so yeah i reckon it would be same for lobsters.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yhea sure, my mate had a little one in his aquarium... I swear he did years ago, it was his first attempt at a salt water set up and it worked OK for a few months but I think he ran into problems.

But yhea, pretty thing it was, about 6 inches long and a variety of blues, cool pet, expensive tho.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Commonly caught off the coast of Turkey - shown to tourists when they go out on the boat trips.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ever seen Black Butler episode his butler Competing they talk about the blue lobster it is supposed to be the most delicious thing ever tff I even seen the Witchblade that said Toyko was destroyed by a huge EQ and now the land is filled with water ......sound familiar

top topics

join