It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Rights Debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Very Insightful, thank you for that post!! I would like to see that spreadsheet as well. This is great!! It really seems that everybody is on the same page here, and beleive in the right to protect ourselves.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

In the US only one fact is needed to be known: the SCOTUS has ruled that the purpose of our 2nd Amendment rights are to ensure that the US Government has a counterweight with The People. It is to ensure that the Federal Government cannot arm one militia preferentially, or a standing Army preferentially, over any other militia. It at the same time ruled that "militiamen" referred to any male of age.

This would mean that any weapon that is fit for DoD use is fit for use by a US Citizen, per the following ruling:

en.wikipedia.org...

What disappoints me most is that they then use faulty logic to concede to any level of gun control. If the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to ensure that The People have the ability to own arms that match that of any other military unit within America, the concept of any kind of gun control is ridiculous and based on a logical fallacy.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Love the avatar, but back on subject. Do you teach History? You seem well read and I would like to know the sources you have absorbed.

I consider myself to be a amateur historian, but I do tend to summarize things. You, on the other hand are concise and to the point, without losing your target audience. Well done.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I agree with Tdawg. Very well written, and completely true. It's crazy how things that are so cut and dry can be interpreted to mean whatever somebody wants, leaving out the entire original meaning.

I do agree that violent felons should not be allowed to posess weapons legally, and that it's probably a good Idea to require permits for some of the most powerful weapons, such as fully automatic, or larger than .50 caliber, or explosives, but nothing should be outright banned in any area of the country.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

LOL, no.

I have run call centers, and hotels.
College dropout that just likes to read, mostly. Once I learned how pathetic modern men were, I just kind of stuck with our ancestors. Really, really like the Age of Reason, and the great minds that led up to it (Bacon, for example).

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

Whatever controls are placed on The People should be placed on any other militia or standing Army. If that happens, then I can fully agree with controls.

But to go along with this, I also believe that Iran has a right to nuclear weapons Horrible things that they are, they now exist and therefore are part of natural right to protection. Like i said...modern men seem to be more pathetic. There was once a time and place where such things would never have come to exist.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

College dropout or not, I can see that you Sir, will be going places in life. Maybe that belongs in the predictions forum.

But nevertheless, I have read many of your posts and most have always impressed me.

I am always overjoyed when one can rationally debate our right to bear arms with the other side. Emotions get high at times, of which I am guilty of.

Project Gun Runner and Operation Fast and Furious has me fairly nervous. Thanks for your equilibrium. And lessons learned.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I find it interesting that a state like California which has grossly raped the 2nd Amendment with unconstitutional gun laws is among the worst states in terms of gun violence statistics.

On the other side of the spectrum we have a state like Vermont which allows anyone eligible to buy a firearmthe right to conceal carry, in public, with no permits. Not only is the gun violence in VT amongst the lowest in the US, VT is not a finacial farce like the bankrupt disgrace that CA is.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I’m pro-SAM (surface-to-air missile) so law abiding citizens can put an end to chemtrails.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDisciple
I find it interesting that a state like California which has grossly raped the 2nd Amendment with unconstitutional gun laws is among the worst states in terms of gun violence statistics.

On the other side of the spectrum we have a state like Vermont which allows anyone eligible to buy a firearmthe right to conceal carry, in public, with no permits. Not only is the gun violence in VT amongst the lowest in the US, VT is not a finacial farce like the bankrupt disgrace that CA is.

That is completely true.

The funny part, is the delusional anti-gun politicians will try to twist it around to say that it's because of all those states with weaker laws that their illegal gun violence rates are so high. They try to say that guns used in crimes come from states that are less restrictive. They need to worry about why their crime rates are so high, instead of blaming other states with common sense laws and low crime rates!!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well removing handguns from law abiding citizens works.

Since banning handguns in 1974, Jamaica’s murder rate has become one of the highest in the world.

Original Source

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

Thank God government is there to "protect" us. What would we do without them?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join