It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Film to get Nationwide Release

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Advantage

Maybe you will change your mind after the first presidential debate.
There is a good reason why the media goes to DefCon 1 whenever Gov. Sarah Palin
is on the move. She is compelling.
The other candidates are not compelling.

NONE of them are compelling.. including her. Id vote for my local grocery store bagger before Id vote for either a republican or a democrat front runner at this point. Seriously.. Romney? Palin? Obama? Hardly any choice there and far from compelling.You think I might change my mind... so are you suggesting she is going to flip flop and change her persona again to appease those of us who dont like her stance on issues and policy since the joe sixpacks didnt give her enough votes last flip flop?
Also, most of us with working brain cells dont depend on the almighty media spin to make our decisions, so it really isnt a concern what level of "defcon" the media chooses to play.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Women are hard to explain.
I heard on talk radio that women who are a 7 or below use a voter nullification mentality.
---------------
Sarah is beautiful, she has a great husband, she is a very successful - multimillionaire-
and just bought a great home in Scottsdale, Arizona.
They are envious of her accomplishments and just ignore ALL the good characteristics
and focus on the bad.

If they can't find anything bad then they just make things up and drop the F bomb as
you will see in the 2 hour documentary. - The Undefeated -

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Removed - Off topic
edit on 6/10/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

MOD NOTE: ATTENTION!!!

Please discuss the topic and not other members, Palin's good looks, women.
Political trolling and/or baiting will not be tolerated.

Sarah Palin Film to get Nationwide Release

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

YOU are responsible for your own posts

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

To be honest, I haven't watched her Youtube vids. I read her opinions on tax reform, domestic oil production, and economic recovery. The vids, the interviews are always slanted one way or another. So I eschew them all.

Same with Obama, though. WHAT he says is much more important than HOW he is saying it.

No, the vids that actually showed her in a very positive light were her ones a few yrs previous to running with McCain that were of her doing actual work. As Gov they at times video you while you are actually doing your job. Ones of her on the floor discussing true matters concerning Alaska. Those were the videos I thought.. hey.. wow I can get behind this woman. The interview vids and debates came after her announcement concerning running with McCain... where she changed her stance and persona. It actually has nothing to do with her looks as so many of you claim is the end all of choosing a candidate.. her policy and consistency seem to be of secondary concern. I dont see how disagreeing with a politician is such a horrible thing to grasp for so many. Some of us just simply dont work of of someone being a "10" or etc when deciding who we would trust with the future of our country.

edit on Fri Jun 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed nested quote Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Like I said earlier, don't like her? Don't vote for her. What I find astounding are the ad hominem attacks. Don't like her values? Great, lets debate. Don't like her stance on tax reform? Bring on the discussion. But the media has made it a point to make the attacks personal. Her looks, her family, what have you.

I've had some success with this approach about Obama. I stick to his policies. Sure, the BC, and golf is amusing, but it is his policies that aredoing damage. (In my humble)

The point I try to make in these Palin threads is that there is alot more behind the fluff the media portrays.
This flm should be interesting, regardless of how you feel about her personally.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Like I said earlier, don't like her? Don't vote for her. What I find astounding are the ad hominem attacks. Don't like her values? Great, lets debate. Don't like her stance on tax reform? Bring on the discussion. But the media has made it a point to make the attacks personal. Her looks, her family, what have you.

I've had some success with this approach about Obama. I stick to his policies. Sure, the BC, and golf is amusing, but it is his policies that aredoing damage. (In my humble)

The point I try to make in these Palin threads is that there is alot more behind the fluff the media portrays.
This flm should be interesting, regardless of how you feel about her personally.

I wont vote for her, but I thought we were discussing her on a message board
I have never attacked her nor have I said anything disparaging concerning her looks, her family, absolutely nothing, yet I have been attacked by her supporters for simply voicing my opinion and told I am jealous, ugly, liberal, etc. Im unsure who your comment was directed to as I have never engaged in it.
Im not concerned with what the media does .. you shouldnt either. Those who swallow the media spin are a lost cause and will be manipulated one way or the other. I see a lean toward Obama STILL after all of this mess he has accomplished just because he is the medias darling. You just cant talk any sense into the ones who believe everything they see and hear on TV... unfortunately. If they want buy into personal attacks, let them be known for what they are. I, like you, never bashed Obama and his BC or sports stuff. Though I di have a chuckle concerning the pic of Putin wrestling a bear and Obama licking an ice cream put together.
I simply dont like what he is doing with OUR country and his own flip flop/empty campaign promises. I didnt vote for him for the exact reasons I wont vote for Palin.. flip flopping and persona change to manipulate voters.

Youre right, there is a lot more behind the fluff concerning her.. but she brought on a lot of the fluff with her flip flopping all over the place. If she'd have stuck to her original stances way back when... Id be supporting her right now. If I watch this and she is back to how she was in the 90's... I really do have to wonder why the change when running with McCain and if she can be trusted to not flip flop again.

For me personally I have voted for the lesser of 2 evils too many times in my life.. and Im not a kid. At this point when so much is on the line with the direction our country is heading and the personal suffering of our own citizens... Im wanting to be much more harsh in my choice of a candidate and Im definitely looking at their entire career and actions rather than just taking what I see of them currently.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Star.
Hey, if you don't like her policies, then you don't like her policies. I'm the same with Obama. At least you're more articulate than some. BH, though I disagree with, also tends to focus on policy than perception.
That makes you among the list of people I'll listen to.
Cheers.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Things have become such a joke in America anyways, I really couldn't give a crap if she did become president.

You folks act like the president actually runs things.

folks? Fools?

Like someone is going to just jump in there and take charge.. Not to side track, but I like Ron Paul(theoretically), but like he'd change anything.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Things have become such a joke in America anyways, I really couldn't give a crap if she did become president.

You folks act like the president actually runs things.

folks? Fools?

Like someone is going to just jump in there and take charge.. Not to side track, but I like Ron Paul(theoretically), but like he'd change anything.

There are those of us that still believe in the system (no matter how flawed)
Fool?
Maybe.

But I'd rather be a fool that still believed than a cynic who believed in nothing.
Cheers.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

See the forest for the trees.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by beezzer

See the forest for the trees.

I do. I'm just not ready to throw in the towel. "Quit" is not in my vocabulary. Scotch, Prime Rib, a good cigar, is.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
She's the republican version of Obama .... an unqualified opportunist who will suck in millions of Americans by reading pretty speeches that others wrote. They are two peas in a pod. The two of them should tag up and do a movie together. I'd say the title should be 'Dumb and Dumber' ... but that's already taken.

Only good thing I can say about this .. at least she's out earning a living and not sucking entitlements off the tax payer. Kudos for that.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
She's the republican version of Obama .... an unqualified opportunist who will suck in millions of Americans by reading pretty speeches that others wrote. They are two peas in a pod. The two of them should tag up and do a movie together. I'd say the title should be 'Dumb and Dumber' ... but that's already taken.

Only good thing I can say about this .. at least she's out earning a living and not sucking entitlements off the tax payer. Kudos for that.

She's the republican version of Obama in that;
She is not traditional
She will enact change (not the status quo)

But!

She believes in Constitutional government
She'd be for business (tax reform)
She'd nix Obama's health care plan
She's for drilling rights

Regards,

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I found what is in the movie. Here is the review. It needs a little editing.
- Review Looks Good - The Undefeated
It appears that the left has gone over the top attacking Gov. Sarah Palin.
Name calling clips at the start of the movie.
-------------------------------
At the bottom of the review on page 2 click on " comments ".
This movie looks like a clear winner.
I hope they make a Blu Ray version.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I'm curious about something. If she does run, then would this film fall under any campaign laws?

Are we going to see an Obama pic next?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join