It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT IF ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I think about this all the time and truly it is mind boggling, but quite honestly very probable.

If you think about it, we have never even seen protons or electrons or dna or any of that stuff. We really have no idea how microscopic "intelligent" (I would classify a cell as intelligent) is.

Sometimes I think about how far we have to go into our universe to discover if this is reality. I like to think about it in terms of ratios, but it always somehow unravels. What I am saying is, if our universe is a cell for example, and many universes make up a body of something. Based on the ratio's we know (human cell to our body say a gillion to 1) we will never find out the truth, because that would mean we would have to traverse millions of universes just to make it a millimeter on our hosts body.

I realize this might not make sense, but it does in my head kinda when I think about all the time, really crazy stuff, and probably likely.
edit on 10-6-2011 by soldita because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

First, let me say thanks for each of your replies. I am glad to see so many people actually taking the time to open their minds and think.

As to the when, how, and why I would come up with such a train of thought; you might be surprised just what a forth grader is thinking.

By the way, that was a very long time ago and I still don't know how to find the answers to my questions other than to ask.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thought provoking pic thought you guys might be interested in....

If you want to look into this type of thing further you may want to check out Michael Talbot's Holographic Universe Theory
edit on 10/6/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
what if...
the univererse was a mirror....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
One other thought along this same line.

When I was small I would help an old man work in his shop. Many times I watched as he would hold and work metals against a large grinding wheel. This would initiate a showering stream of hot sparks flowing through the air and cooling and going dark as they went.

I have read of research which indicates our galactic group and many others are moving in a flow much like a stream or river in a common direction. It is said we are moving toward something which we can not yet see but whose effects have been noticed. While all around us there is dark and unseeable matter whose gravity acts upon our small part of our universe.

I could not help but remember the stream of sparks flowing away from the grinding wheel when I first read this report.

Could it be, we are but part of such actions taking place in another universe far to large for us to even realize the light which shine within it? Being so vast even the scales of time are so far different from ours that our "stars" will burn out before the shower of sparks in which we are a part can fall to the floor of a workman's shop.

Does anyone get any similar response from this analogy ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join