It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know - some of you make it so hard to actually come here and read stuff... no, seriously

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZackMorris
Woah, calm down... Part of this site is for entertainment. When you get all flustered about it with spittle flying everywhere like an old man it just makes you look like you have no sense of humor. So what if somebody claims something? People claim a lot of things and I don't see you knocking down the whitehouse door for the zany and wild stories they tell. Oh but thats different because they have big guns... The weak minded and confused people who you yourself labeled crazy make a much easier target for your pent up frustrations? And if churches are trying to convince you that god exists in a specific capacity in order to control you, does this not make the existence of god a conspiracy worth discussing? Just chill out and you know they have an alternative news feed if you only want the more serious topics. Nobody is forcing you to believe anything. This will only work of everyone has a right to speak freely without fear of oppression. That means Everyone, including people with disabilities whether mental or physical, victims of drug and alcohol abuse, victims of mental and physical abuse, people who have been victimized by being brainwashed with various doctrines since birth, along with all the pretty, smart, and perfect people like yourself, sir or madam. They aren't all out to get you or cause you to miss the next bombing, there is no malicious agenda here... If you think someone is out for attention, just don't give them any more than you can help, simple enough... Or is that you see others giving them their attention and somewhere inside you feel jealous? After all, what about the important contributions you've made? And some mentally ill person comes in here and all the sudden people care... Is that it? If you were at a major league baseball game and you saw a 8 year old cancer patient reach out for a fly ball, would you jump in front and catch it and scream out "No! What about Meee!!??" ??? Let's take it a step further... You're online... You have No idea how old any of these people are. What if a young kid like 13 has a weird experience they don't understand and they say something deemed by your advanced mind to be "crazy", are you gonna rip into them in person calling them a troll, asking them for proof, accusing them of seeking attention or being "crazy"? Why is it so much different online? It seems that, much like the male tendency to assume every girl you meet online is both attractive and horny, when people are faced with something they find disagreeable, they picture the person saying it as their own personal "perfect" nemesis who must be defeated at all costs. And the next person you come across who makes you mad... They are all the sudden this same person who must be defeated and all manners and decorum are forgotten. No, its people like you with all your negative comments that make this site so hard to read... If you don't like it, don't read it, and don't comment. It works pretty good for me.
edit on 10-6-2011 by ZackMorris because: sp error due to autocorrect, and added the last 2 sentences.

Yeah, thanks for that, point taken.........Quite a simple way of looking at things, and we have the option to speak or remain silent, quite similar to an ON/OFF button on the TV....

Point taken...................

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Do you think anyone - no seriously - anyone believes you when you say "Ask me anything!"... ?
Seriously, I mean this-> Is this↑↑↑↑ a serious question??

It is obvious that many believe nonsense. If people did not believe, then those threads would not become instantly popular, and you would have never even seen the title of most of them, yet alone actually opened it to read it. The reason you know they exist, is because of all of the fools that [color=87F717]NEED to believe.

There is a huge difference between:
  • [color=5CB3FF]Believing
  • [color=5CB3FF]Wanting to believe
    &
  • [color=87F717]Craving
  • [color=87F717]NEEDING to believe

Those who desire it so intensely-
  • [color=87F717]Deny common sense
  • [color=87F717]Refuse logical thought
  • [color=87F717]Embrace ignorance
  • [color=87F717]Accept anything
    as long as it coincides with the other whimsical fantasies, that they have already convinced themselves of being reality.

• posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:46 AM
    link   
    I kind of agree with OP.

What gets me the most are those "PROOOF" or "XXX ADMITS TO" threads where there are no proof or no admittance at all. People just extrapolate some silly article.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:34 AM
    link   
    I want to make a good thread....I really do.........Will it get noticed?.......Will my hours of effort be rewarded by someone going,,, WTF is this crap??.......So scary....the people of ATS(myself included sometimes...sorry).....I want quality, but quality takes alot of time......Hmm ...what to do?

Seriously. More people need to star and flag the good threads and leave the others alone. I will not specify what threads we are talking about here(it could be one of mine:
    :puz

If you want change....make it happen....... team.....

edit on 10-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:48 AM
    link   
    Would'nt it be easier if ATS had a filter on here, and it will automatically put up threads we like based on our previous stars and flags?

That way, we would only need to be spoon fed Roundup on topics we like?

Oh...hmmmm that might be censorship.

I'll just read what I want, and skip what I don't ALL by myself.

Nevermind.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
    link   
    Er who are you to say whats nonsence or crazy and whats not?
    If you don't like it don't read it or better yet make your own website where you can set your own ignorant rules.
    edit on 10-6-2011 by TimeCrisis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:55 AM
    link   
    reply to post by ZackMorris

Well said Zack. I couldnt agree with you more.
    There are enough topics on ATS to get lost in.
    Don't like it, don't post on it. Move on to something
    else that will be compatable with your higher
    intellectual standards.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:58 AM
    link   
    reply to post by gncnew

There's a very simple solution- if you see a thread titled "PROOF!!! Hitler's frozen brain was behind 9/11 attacks!!!!!" then don't click on that thread- no one is forcing your hand to move your mouse there and click on it......

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:04 AM
    link   
    While it seems a bit silly to complain about 'out there' posts on a site like ATS, I will say that it can get frustrating sometimes.

For me, however, the frustrating aspect is that the thread titles don't match up with the thread content. If, for instance, thread titles were more realistic (a.k.a. "I wish this were true", "Little Proof for this!", "Look at ME!", "Oh, Someone PLEASE Look at ME!", etc..) then I wouldn't have a problem with any of this at all! But, call me old fashioned, when someone says 'proof' and 'true' and 'fact', then I tend to click on the thread and hold the OP responsible for presenting those things.

Which rarely happens.

It would be great if we had a "Punch in the Face" button next to the "Flag" at top, so that there is a consequence for complete exaggeration by the OP. If we made every Puncher explain why they Punched someone in the Face, then maybe there would accountability all around!

Oh, the Possibilities!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
    reply to post by gncnew

Meh.

I like some of the wild threads sometimes. Yes, people may be lying and/or delusional, but sometimes its just fun to watch them unfold. Im much less worried by the people who make those threads, than I am by the people who jump in and really take it all straight to heart.

Very good point... who's worse? The piper or the kids following the piper willingly?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:11 AM
    link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
    reply to post by gncnew

I understand your frustration (really I do) but two points spring to mind;

#1 You do realize that you are not obliged to read any thread that does not interest you don't you (?) and that if you accidently click onto a thread that upsets you it is not against T&C's to move away from it.

#2 Just a thought but maybe ATS is not the place for you !

Instead of whining about things that aren't going to change anytime soon, why don't you make a thread about something you DO have an interest in ... something that other members would enjoy getting positively involved in ... something that might improve the intellect of the poor saps who seem to upset you so much ... something that would improve the overall content on ATS.

If you do, for goodness sake make sure you research any claims that you make ... check all your spellings and grammar ... and above all, place it in the right forum because after this little rant you have left yourself wide-open to critisism

Woody

Very valid points, but this was just me ranting/venting - pretty much useless b!tching with no real "solutions" in mind.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
    link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
    hang on hang on, back the firetruck up!!!!!

Did you say someone from the Illuminati actually admitted that they plan on turning us all into turtles? and on this site?

Sorry dude but I cant spend anytime on your pointless thread when theres breaking news like that goin down.
    Get a life you grumpy troll

P.s S&F

Will do... will do.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Stringycheeseman

but nonsensical statements and written versions of yourLDS trips

edit on 9-6-2011 by gncnew because: Engrish

edit on 9-6-2011 by gncnew because: Title too long

??? No edit???

Freudian slip? (Latter Day Saints instead of the drug?)...

thanks for the catch, I'll go fix it now.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:21 AM
    link   

Originally posted by ZackMorris
    Woah, calm down... Part of this site is for entertainment. When you get all flustered about it with spittle flying everywhere like an old man it just makes you look like you have no sense of humor. So what if somebody claims something? People claim a lot of things and I don't see you knocking down the whitehouse door for the zany and wild stories they tell. Oh but thats different because they have big guns... The weak minded and confused people who you yourself labeled crazy make a much easier target for your pent up frustrations? And if churches are trying to convince you that god exists in a specific capacity in order to control you, does this not make the existence of god a conspiracy worth discussing? Just chill out and you know they have an alternative news feed if you only want the more serious topics. Nobody is forcing you to believe anything. This will only work of everyone has a right to speak freely without fear of oppression. That means Everyone, including people with disabilities whether mental or physical, victims of drug and alcohol abuse, victims of mental and physical abuse, people who have been victimized by being brainwashed with various doctrines since birth, along with all the pretty, smart, and perfect people like yourself, sir or madam. They aren't all out to get you or cause you to miss the next bombing, there is no malicious agenda here... If you think someone is out for attention, just don't give them any more than you can help, simple enough... Or is that you see others giving them their attention and somewhere inside you feel jealous? After all, what about the important contributions you've made? And some mentally ill person comes in here and all the sudden people care... Is that it? If you were at a major league baseball game and you saw a 8 year old cancer patient reach out for a fly ball, would you jump in front and catch it and scream out "No! What about Meee!!??" ??? Let's take it a step further... You're online... You have No idea how old any of these people are. What if a young kid like 13 has a weird experience they don't understand and they say something deemed by your advanced mind to be "crazy", are you gonna rip into them in person calling them a troll, asking them for proof, accusing them of seeking attention or being "crazy"? Why is it so much different online? It seems that, much like the male tendency to assume every girl you meet online is both attractive and horny, when people are faced with something they find disagreeable, they picture the person saying it as their own personal "perfect" nemesis who must be defeated at all costs. And the next person you come across who makes you mad... They are all the sudden this same person who must be defeated and all manners and decorum are forgotten. No, its people like you with all your negative comments that make this site so hard to read... If you don't like it, don't read it, and don't comment. It works pretty good for me.
    edit on 10-6-2011 by ZackMorris because: sp error due to autocorrect, and added the last 2 sentences.

Wow... you really need to meet my friend the Grammer Book. Dude, at least use some double spaces in there. That's like one massive block of text that just hurts my head.

And just FYI: I'm not on the front page... so I'm obviously not the problem I'm complaining about... but whatever hommie... just as I'm free to whine to the moon about stuff - you are too. That's what makes "Ahhmareikah" great.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
    link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Do you think anyone - no seriously - anyone believes you when you say "Ask me anything!"... ?
    Seriously, I mean this-> Is this↑↑↑↑ a serious question??

It is obvious that many believe nonsense. If people did not believe, then those threads would not become instantly popular, and you would have never even seen the title of most of them, yet alone actually opened it to read it. The reason you know they exist, is because of all of the fools that [color=87F717]NEED to believe.

There is a huge difference between:
  • [color=5CB3FF]Believing
  • [color=5CB3FF]Wanting to believe
    &
  • [color=87F717]Craving
  • [color=87F717]NEEDING to believe

Those who desire it so intensely-
  • [color=87F717]Deny common sense
  • [color=87F717]Refuse logical thought
  • [color=87F717]Embrace ignorance
  • [color=87F717]Accept anything
    as long as it coincides with the other whimsical fantasies, that they have already convinced themselves of being reality.

• It was a rhetorical question... and I gave you a star for the completely AWESOME use of color fonts and stuff in your post...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:25 AM
    link   

Originally posted by TimeCrisis
    Er who are you to say whats nonsence or crazy and whats not?
    If you don't like it don't read it or better yet make your own website where you can set your own ignorant rules.
    edit on 10-6-2011 by TimeCrisis because: (no reason given)

Hommie, come on now - you and I both know the kind of posts I'm talking about.

A guy says he was in a terrible car crash and had an experience... sure - why not.

Another guy says he is from planet Zebulon and has shape shift a$$ faeries running around to spread the world of impending doom across ATS... not just no - but hells no.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:27 AM
    link   

Originally posted by AlphaBetaGammaX
    While it seems a bit silly to complain about 'out there' posts on a site like ATS, I will say that it can get frustrating sometimes.

For me, however, the frustrating aspect is that the thread titles don't match up with the thread content. If, for instance, thread titles were more realistic (a.k.a. "I wish this were true", "Little Proof for this!", "Look at ME!", "Oh, Someone PLEASE Look at ME!", etc..) then I wouldn't have a problem with any of this at all! But, call me old fashioned, when someone says 'proof' and 'true' and 'fact', then I tend to click on the thread and hold the OP responsible for presenting those things.

Which rarely happens.

It would be great if we had a "Punch in the Face" button next to the "Flag" at top, so that there is a consequence for complete exaggeration by the OP. If we made every Puncher explain why they Punched someone in the Face, then maybe there would accountability all around!

Oh, the Possibilities!

I think that's an excellent idea... but maybe make it a bit more PC... how about create two flag buttons.

One is a "Great Thread Flag" and the other is a "BS Flag".

You choose which flag to give it.. pure and simple rating system for what gets seen on the front page. Now, have two sections on the front page - one for highly graded threads and one for highly discussed threads.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:20 PM
    link   

I think that's an excellent idea... but maybe make it a bit more PC... how about create two flag buttons.

One is a "Great Thread Flag" and the other is a "BS Flag".

You choose which flag to give it.. pure and simple rating system for what gets seen on the front page. Now, have two sections on the front page - one for highly graded threads and one for highly discussed threads.

That sounds a bit more reasonable! Ha ha, in retrospect, perhaps I should have less coffee before I post next time.

I would really love to see something like that implemented though. Just a little something that would really make us think about what we are doing before we post it. As ATS grows, I would assume something like this will have to be implemented eventually, since this site would become a mass of posts with little content. (Or at least more so than it is already!)

edit on 10-6-2011 by AlphaBetaGammaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
    link   
    I like reading these rather "entertaining" threads. What I don't like about some of the threads are the length of the replies and external links to do MORE reading! I don't have all the time in the world to digest the materials and contribute intelligently. It's not hard to read stuff, just time consuming.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join