It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Solar Sheet Can Capture More Than 90-Percent Of Sunlight; Todays Tech only 20%

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Solar Sheet Can Capture More Than 90-Percent Of Sunlight

LINK *****Solar Sheet Can Capture More Than 90-Percent Of Sunligh

You won't hear this in the MSM. Try to de-bunk this one Big Energy Dis-Info Agents

Currently there are people i know who use conventional older Solar Panels/Sheets and they get money back from the energy companies for having a surplus in energy; thats with only 20% collection of light.

So imagine with 90-95% collection of light/ Efficiency.

AS I HAVE ALWAYS SAID and I WILL QUOTE FROM AN ANONYMOUS

GUYS BETTER GO INTO HIDING, THEY WILL BE SENDING OUT THE ASSASSINS.

Today's solar panels typically collect only 20% of the available light. Patrick Pinhero, associate professor in the MU Chemical Engineering Department, said he a way to extract electricity from the collected heat and sunlight using special high-speed electrical circuitry in collaboration with colleagues t the University of Colorado.

Pinhero believes that such 90-95% efficient solar panels could be built and offered to be manufactured into products such as roof shingles or automobiles. The scientist is now looking for funding to develop and mature the technology.

edit on 9-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Damn! I wish I could get access to this before TPTB take it away. Think of all the uses, think of the money saved. The tree huggers and the global warming acolytes should be all over this. You know this will be buried quickly. It is too dangerous to TPTB.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's a crying shame that this will be in that long list of "what happened to that". Whether it's money or like you said, head hunting, these products never come to full force because they don't make as much money as oil does now. We will continue to be dependant on oil until the day it runs dry unfortunately. We have to many crooks running this country and they all want a piece of the money pie and not whats good for the global impact.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The only way you can get this kind of thing out to the masses is to release it publicly and let everyone use it as they can. When anyone tries to market this tech TPTB will gobble it up quickly. I say if they have something that works then please post the details so the information can be allowed to spread like wild fire.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

Yes it will be the Oil Companies and/or Energy companies will pay them Untold millions to Conceal this technology. I agree.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Like all the the free energy creators they tend to be either threatened, bribed, or perhaps even killed
edit on 9-6-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Damn! I wish I could get access to this before TPTB take it away. Think of all the uses, think of the money saved. The tree huggers and the global warming acolytes should be all over this. You know this will be buried quickly. It is too dangerous to TPTB.

Yes see there will be several Dis-INfo agents who will come on here and try to dis-credit the claim. They want to conceal this because it will destroy Big Energy and the Oil Companies.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I am sure someone will buy it and shelf it like most breakthrough inventions.Think of all the possibilities something like this could do.I fear if it is real we wont see it .It will be discredited or shelved.look at what they did to Tesla and many other greats.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by occy30

Hopefully they can develop this technology quickly and release it en masse to the market. With current Solar panels electric companies are even paying people because they have a surplus in electricity. and those are only 20% light gathered.

These new solar panels are 90%+ light gathered that is A HUGE BREAKTHROUGH!
:

edit on 9-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What I do not understand about this is Why not release your idea?

Even if you think it needs to be tweaked, why not release it? If he is ever shut up by "TPTB" then the initial idea is out there.

The more people that understand the concept the better, and same with the amount of people working on it.

The days of "I'm smarter than you" should be over, it only hurts us, we need to come together as a community and work towards the same goals.

If I thought I knew a way to make solar panels more efficient I would be plastering it all over the net.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I'm not sure but it sure is fishy. I think he might be afraid of TPTB Big Oil and Big Energy maybe thats why either that.

Or he is waiting to File and create the patent so noone else can steal it. Understand?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Totally meaningless.
a piece of anything painted black can capture
90-95% of the light

While he did not provide specifics, the university stated that the scientist developed a nantenna - a thin, moldable sheet of small antennas - that can "harvest the heat from industrial processes and convert it into usable electricity." In the near future, this idea is intended to be used for a direct solar facing nantenna device that is able to collect "solar irradiation in the near infrared and optical regions of the solar spectrum."

Pinhero believes that such 90-95% efficient solar panels could be built and offered to be manufactured into products such as roof shingles or automobiles. The scientist is now looking for funding to develop and mature the technology.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Unfortunately this is where the problem often arises....

How many times have we seen this..."The scientist is now looking for funding"...and in steps the PTB investment committee that will buy the idea and set this guy up for life.

Oh, all you you want is a Home in Hawaii, a trust fund to support yourself and a 35' Sailing Sloop ?
Done !

This saves the PTB millions in lost revenue from their Oil industry proceeds.

The scientist/inventor is more than happy and never has to work another day in his life...

Sad, but that's just the way it is in our materialistic world...Money talks...

But on a more positive note, just maybe this individual would be willing to share some of his ideas...similar to the Open Source software world of computers....

Maybe if enough of us got together to convince this guy to share or even leak his ideas to the public we could actually see this technology come to fruition and eventually reach the public.

Strength in numbers....that's our only hope against the Powers That Be...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse

Or he is waiting to File and create the patent so noone else can steal it. Understand?

No patents will be accepted for this. Anything over 20% gets caught and that is one way TPTB start the process of wiping the information from the source. Like I said before, this only goes to the masses if it's released to the public quickly.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
Yes see there will be several Dis-INfo agents who will come on here and try to dis-credit the claim. They want to conceal this because it will destroy Big Energy and the Oil Companies.

Alas, you posted this in Science/Tech instead of "conspiracies" or "UFOs" so, yes, there will be.

His approach is probably one of the most promising - using a 'nantenna' array, which is at least theoretically way up there in terms of possible efficiency.

However.

You may have bounced past the numerous weasel words in the article in your haste to get to the juicy bits. "May", "hopes to", "if proved possible" and the like. These usually mean the guy has something which is partially functional in the lab, he thinks it's going to actually work as well as he'd like but doesn't know, and has no clue how to productize it.

Trust me, this isn't the only guy that's been pursuing a nantenna approach. There's generally a huge gap between lab specimens and practical product when you're doing nanostructure based crap too.

For instance, I'm still waiting on my CoolChips and PowerChips, and have been for five years now. Great tech. You can build one in the lab, as long as you don't move it much. And they're spectacularly efficient. You just can't make one that works in the field, and you can't make them in mass.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

They want to make money off of their work, and labor coming up with this. There is nothing wrong with that, but unfortunately the PTB will use that desire to gain control of their work and they may or may not be compensated.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

If I thought I knew a way to make solar panels more efficient I would be plastering it all over the net.

Most definitely, I would too

I wonder if the design will "plug and play" with the current ones so you only replace the cells or the panel, making the old 125w area a 500w - 600w area...

Solar powered cars... houses... boats... solar power stations with a 70% collection increase sounds pretty promising. I guess the most important question would be is / will it be less costly and last longer?

Something that could benefit mankind should be a shared, the more people know about it the more likely it is in becoming a reality.
edit on 9-6-2011 by richierich931 because: correction

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just skimmed some of the guy's papers. You'll note he says it *captures* more than 90 percent of sunlight - that's from simulations he's run, not a device - but he never says it is more than 90% *efficient* as an energy conversion device. There's quite a difference. The capturing thing is how much of the e-field component of IR light it intercepts compared to a blackbody, and he's getting simulated maxima in the 92% range.

However, that's not the conversion efficiency. He's leaving out the diode loss and conduction losses.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

They want to make money off of their work, and labor coming up with this. There is nothing wrong with that, but unfortunately the PTB will use that desire to gain control of their work and they may or may not be compensated.

Sadly, "TPTB" are funding him. This work is being done by Idaho National Labs, a big DOE facility in the same happy family as Los Alamos and Sandia. Oh, and Sea Systems Command, or NAVSEA as they're known now.

Interestingly enough, he references ARCO's rectenna patents - the ones everyone squeals about when they talk about HAARP.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I had a cool dream once, where scientists and mixed plant DNA with solar nanotechnology to create grasses and bushes that supplied energy into the ground. All you had to do was stick the plug into the dirt and there was electricity. It was very cool.

I hope someday we can see that. That way people will want to plant vegetation everywhere.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join