It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Palestinians have Jewish Origins?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I found this video, and I thought it exemplified the absurdity of the struggle that takes place daily in the land of Israel.

I found the video on this site

www.mideastyouth.com... ewish/

Thought I would share.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Err, yes... Palestinians are the native people of what was and now is Israel (hopefulyl not for too long) again...

Does that really wonder you? Over the time they have converted to Christianity, and from Christianity to Islam.. and some have not. Arabs and Jews (as in the race) are BOTH semites anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Genetically (at least from the region) they are almost like brother and sister.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Do modern Egyptians have ancient Egyptians origin? Well, very few do.
Do modern Greeks have ancient Greek origin? Well, very few do.
Do modern Italians have ancient Romans origin? Well, very few do.
Do modern Tunisians have ancient Carthago origin? Well,very few do.
Do modern British have ancient Gaul origins? Well, very few do.
Do modern Turks have ancient Httitian origins? Well,very few do.
So i think that you can draw your own conclusion.
edit on 9-6-2011 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
No, palestinians have palestinian origins.

Most of the citizens of Israel have european origins.

In other words, the invaders, as ever, are the oppressors.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The Book of Joshua pretty much covers what happened.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Here is an article that discusses how closely Jews and their other Mideastern neighbors are related.

Article

I know that it doesn't fit the current battle grounds of "It's all the fault of the Jews" or "It's all the fault of the Palestinians" but from a genetic point of view, they are all descended from the same groups of people.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by budski

I know that it doesn't fit the current battle grounds of "It's all the fault of the Jews" or "It's all the fault of the Palestinians" but from a genetic point of view, they are all descended from the same groups of people.

Yes, apart from the European jews who seem to be the most radical.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I think the better question would have been "Do the Jews have Jewish Origins?"

From what Ive heard (please feel free to correct my ignorance) most Jews became Jews when the Khazar people converted to Judaism in the early stages of this millenium.

Once again to all pro Zionists I am more than happy to have this fact proven to be wrong so feel free to enlighten me.
edit on 9-6-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

yes you are wrong
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It dosen't need a pro Zionist to realize that, just an honest person who wasn't brain washed.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

While I try to disagree with the likes of gravitational on principle, you're incorrect ('Course, so is the post he references) While some European, American, and Israeli Jews might have roots in the Khazar people, it's not very likely. The Khazars were a pretty small group of people - like most steppe nations, they claimed a lot of land relative to the population - most of that population was in the Caucasus mountains, to boot. They were a Turkic people, and after getting smushed by the Mongols in the 13th century, most turned to either Islam or Orthodox Christians.

The Chechens and Ossetians are the descendants of the Khazars. European Jews are the descendants of European converts to Judaism, with a few speckles of immigrants.

To answer the OP, yes, the Palestinians are the descendants of the ancient Israelites. They converted to Christianity, then converted to Islam.
edit on 10/6/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Cheers for the information as opposed to just tossing a link at me

In the same place I heard of the khazar conversion I also heard they were a huge population, so much so that they had the man power to give 40,000 troops to Constantinople, I have never looked into and admit Im only repeating what Ive heard but I did hear it on a thread that had a very heated discussion between 2 peeps who both seemed intelligent and informed.
2 things stuck out to me as no Pro Zionist was able to refute them and actually ignored thses 2 topics but repeatedly responded to everything else and convincingly.
The 2 things were the Khazar conversion and 2nd was that Zionists control the Financial markets.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Hey thanks for the reply, loved the sly insult too

Im far from brainwashed and am happy to admit anytime Im wrong, It means Ive learned something new and is cause for celebration.

Im guessing you read my thread so you should have noticed that I mentioned I was repeating hearsay that I had never heard satisfactorily refuted and after reading the thread you linked as well as a few other bits and pieces I can still say no I wasnt wrong.

It is a fact that some Khazar King converted his people to Judaism much the same as Constantine converted his subjects to Christianity,
its a fact that the majority of Jews still in Israel converted to either Islam or Christianity over the centuries.

Other than highly speculative DNA research there was nothing close to debunking that theory in your link.

If you would like to continue this discussion U2U me and Ill read your reply on the Thread you linked to as its more on topic than it is here.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Other than highly speculative DNA research there was nothing close to debunking that theory in your link.

Well, it's not "speculative" so much as it is "massaged". Jewish en with a certain surname - Cohen - were tested. Unsurprisingly, their Y chromosomes were matching. This is unsurprising because the Y chromosome pretty much stays identical from father to son; mutations in it are pretty good tracks of a male lineage. So finding out that Cohens were related to other Cohens was... not exactly worth breaking out the champagne.

The interesting part was the finding that these men were very close (there had been, of course, some mutations in the two thousand-odd years) to some remains of some Roman-Era Kohen (Jewish priests, supposedly descended from Aaron) from the middle east. This is also not terribly surprising, since obviously, "Cohen" is derived from "Kohen" and this priest caste had some pretty strict lineage rules about who can be in the club (only if your dad was also a Kohen).

To then extrapolate it into "The Diaspora is totally true!" is... ludicrous. First off, Judaism was a really big religion through the Roman Empire. At least as far as "foreign religions" went in the Empire. Naturally priests would go to serve these communities. Now, there were the jewish revolts against Roman rule that resulted in Jews getting exiled - but unlike the fables told, it was hardly the entire Jewish population of the lands in question. The Romans seized the leaders of the revolt - who happens to be kohens, priests - and put them into slavery, scattered across the breadth of the empire.

Think of it this way. You know how every time some paleontologist finds some little primate fossil, and the news media turns it into "MISSING LINK FOUND, FOREVER CHANGES HUMAN FAMILY TREE!"? Yeah. That's sort of what happened here. Some very basic genetic "duh" conclusions got turned into propaganda that doesn't even reflect the findings.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

LOL yeah thanks alot dude,

You just given me info thats gonna make even more people think Im anti semitic

You know what? I may actually make a thread asking pro Zionists to refute these claims, I keep hearing people say there crap but no one ever has a valid reason why!! and thats if they even acknowledge you asked the question, most times they just slink away as weve seen with our friend above us just now.

I appreciate the knowledge dude,

Cheers

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
There is a lot of History in the Old Testament ...and it is full of references to the Palestines(The Philistines)...if you lived in Israel and were not of the ruling Jewish race then you were deemed inferior ....and Iam only going off what I have read in the Bible , so unless the Bible is full of lies, I can only deduce that people converted to Christianity or Islam from the non Jewsih backgrounds to find refuge from been deemed Goyem?
I mean what future did they have if only God chosen people were worthy before God?
Read the Bible it will tell you about slavery and racism and bigotry, its there in black and white.
Even in the new testament read the line about Christ and the little dogs eating the crumbs from their masters table.
If we were not Muslims or Christians or Buddhists ect we would only know of us as Goyem, if we read the Bible.
Its there in the Bible, .....unless its Lies?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

No prob. And don't worry about the name-calling. I've been addressed as being a raving antisemite AND a paid Zionist shill in the same thread before. Sometimes over the same post (usually one like these, where I say the Khazaria thing is unfounded, and so is the mythic diaspora
)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Yeah I was just being polite, You do come across as a bit of an anti semitic Zionist Shill

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

But I dont want to be a Goyem

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by Dr Expired

But I dont want to be a Goyem

I guess the point Iam making is just that.
Everyone wants to belong, be loved , not excluded , espescially from God.
Christianity was exported all over the globe ,from Israel via Rome, and Islam was exported (by the sword) from the Middle east and Turkish regions.
Before these two religions were invented we were Goys ,Gentiles, the Unclean (those of us not Jewish.
If we believe the Bible. so its natural the Palestinians (the Philistines who were subjugated by the Jews prior to the Roman destruction of the Temple, would know they were not Gods chosen people and accept the new Religions.

Its just a continum of elitism in all religions ? If you accept this or that you are worthy?
The Palestinians an the Jews of the middle east were and are from the same heritage except the Bigots divided them millenium ago and assigned God to be a racist of the supreme order.

The ultimate racist is he who believes by virtue of blood he is one of Gods Chosen , whilst others by blood are there to be educated by the chosen , in order for God to be pleased?
Thats my understanding and I get the facts from the Old Testament (unless its all lies?).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join