It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope you like your Air and Pintball guns Pink cause California Is Taking Away Your Black guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I've actually been looking at those down at the local Big 5, plan on getting my daughter one when she's of age(she's only 6 now).

So again, the point of this law is what?

(last question not directed at you, rhetorical question out of anger and confusion)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Lol. So criminals can just go paint their REAL guns bright colors and shoot people with no one becoming alarmed until its far too late.

I think its a very poorly thought through law.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Between you and me...
buy it for her now.. it's the off season so It should be cheaper... then just leave in the closet until you think she's ready... my baby girl loved to shoot daddy's 10/22 when she was 10... really got into after she reached puberty because there were a lot of hot boys at the range... boys who were very respectful once they met daddy and his guns

now back on topic someone should shot that senator with a pink airsoft rifle!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Go Go Commifornia.

Way to erode the personal rights some more. And I applaud those citizens not only for electing dim wits to office, but for allowing said dim wits to take more rights.

As for the whole idea of making it safe due to color? No, as a paintball gun still allows for the ejecting of a projectile at greater speeds that what a human can produce without. And paintball guns can still be loaded with dangerous items and used to harm any person.

Stupid.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've lived in California for about 35 years--most of my life. It has its good points. But this trend toward "nanny laws" ain't one of 'em.

I saw a map yesterday related to a story about how people are moving away from states with nanny laws. Let me repeat that: Moving. Away. The color shades on the map went from a plain white, through lighter and then darker shades of blue to indicate the worst. California was the darkest of dark blue, needless to say.

You gotta wonder. If our legislators knew that these laws were causing people--their own constituents--to actually move out of state to get away from them... would they still keep at it? Truthfully, I don't think it would matter. As long as there were 4 people left in the state, I think they'd still keep at it. I think they no longer have a choice; I think it's an actual dire psychological contagion that our politicians contract and can never rid themselves of.

Whatever it is, it sure isn't pretty....

edit on 6/9/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Then that person has NO business enforcing the law. Ignorance of the law (or in this case, identification of firearms vs non-firearms) is no excuse.
this OR that?
one OR the other.

Originally posted by neo96
any cop OR person.............
Not one in the same.

Mr. Pink: You kill anybody?
Mr. White: A few cops.
Mr. Pink: No real people?
Mr. White: Just cops.

RD

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Well, once I get the money together, I'll probably pick one up and stow it away till she's ready, but daddy will be picking up that sweet Ruger Mini 14 they have on sale

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

My apologies, I was only referring to LEO, not civilians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join