It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama governor signs nation's toughest immigration law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Here is what I see happening....

Businesses and especially agri business want cheap labor and they will lobby for relaxed immigration policy ex. green cards and work permits from a Federal Chamber of Commerce bureaucrats.

So regardless of what the states want; Mexicans will have their documents to show that they are here temporarily for employment.

Illegals will soon be legal. Anyone that thinks the taxpayer and voter has any influence over the real power brokers is living in a "Leave it to Beaver" world. Whom ever replaces Obama will have no more influence over the people that hire the cheap labor than you or I. Who are the power players? Google is your friend!

A new "Bracero Program" is on the horizon.

americanhistory.si.edu...

Big business gets what they want, one way or another regardless of what flavor of ideology is fronting the band or who suffers. Gov. Bob Ben know this; he is just campaigning for higher office and pandering to the GOP faithful.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house.
edit on 9-6-2011 by whaaa because: You heard it here first

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
At times like this, I'm always reminded of the stuck up "american" talking down to the mexican gardener, saying "my family has been here for 300 years" to which the gardener replies "mine has been here for 400 years"

It seems that according to some, America didn't exist, and had no inhabitants until the Europeans arrived - and that's just plain wrong.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

This new law is about UNDOCUMENTED people and those that help them in any way! We need to look at the bigger picture, not just as applied to "illegal immigrants" in Alabama. That's just on the surface of the law. It was written this way to cover anyone deemed an undocumented citizen including under Martial Law. There is nothing funny about it as some on this thread seem to think!

Throughout history there have been brave individuals who in spite of the possibility of severe consequences to themselves, helped others in trouble because it was the right thing to do.( Hiding people during Civil War, and Jews in Germany during WWII, for examples and helping them get to places of safety). This law makes it a crime to do this in Alabama.

When Martial Law is declared under NWO, anyone who is designated red or blue (from the FEMA lists) that happens to get away will be considered criminals just as during the Civil War and Nazi Germany. They will be undocumented until they can establish some kind of alternative identity. They won't be able to just get on plane and head out of Dodge.
These poor people will need help from from others to stay alive. If their real identity is found out, they die. Anyone who tries to help them under this new law, would be considered criminals for harboring them, along with the undocumented. This is a much bigger issue than most realize. Expect similar laws coming to a state near you soon. It is a very sad day, and another step forward toward the NWO and sanitizing of the population! Blessings

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I live in AZ, and when the Governor signed our law, there was a lot of backlash and calls for boycotts in the media. Where are those calls for the same against Alabama?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Originally posted by DaddyBare

It was a fellow Native American who pointed out this story to me... she called all a tizzy over this..

But Dave we both know a lot of Native Americans don't have ID, never did, never will...

What if they pick up one of our people and try to deport them????

My answer was... yeah and where they going to Deport them too??? Georgia???

This so reminds me of the 1950s McCarthyism's... only now it's not "Communist" or "Red plots."... it's Hey you dirty Mexican... Get out our country...

Well this is Alabama... Maybe they can address it as a Bussing issue?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

There are far more Mexicans living in the U.S. legally than illegally, and people don't mind that. No ones cares about Mexicans, they open good restaurants (mostly) and they are usually respectful. An "illegal" immigrant no matter where they are from is what people don't like, because the TV tells them that these people are criminals who bring drugs and crime in the U.S.

edit on 6/9/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

You don't think illegals bring in criminals? Sir, you are sadly mistaken!

One child was beheaded and the two others were nearly decapitated by two illegal aliens.
An illegal alien caused 18 year old Tricia taylor to lose both her legs above the knee.
Tracy Owens was a pregnant mom murdered by two illegal aliens while crossing the street
Troy Payton was stabbed to death defending his 15 year old daughter.
Darlene Squires mother of two deaf girls, 17 and 14, who were violently raped by three illegal aliens. One of the girls has cerebral palsy.

48,000 Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens since 9/11
You wouldn't dare look into the face of any family member who has suffered the devestation of losing their loved ones and tell them "An "illegal" immigrant no matter where they are from is what people don't like, because the TV tells them that these people are criminals who bring drugs and crime in the U.S." These people know full well that there are illegal alien criminals.

Most of these illegals have had numerous arrests and deportations! Thousands of deaths that could have been avoided had our laws been enforced!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It goes a little further than what they are saying, too. As a green card holder, I tried to carry it when I could, however, if I lost it, not only was it expensive, it was a great way to loose my identity.

So I only carried it when I needed it.

If i was stopped, I probably would not have it. Hence I could be detained.

Now I am less likely to be detained, given I'm a westerner, and have a Kiwi accent (oh and I am back in New Zealand mostly now
)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by Evola

This so reminds me of the 1950s McCarthyism's... only now it's not "Communist" or "Red plots."... it's Hey you dirty Mexican... Get out our country...

It's more like "You're in our country illegally, get out."

I agree. If you're stopped in Canada by the police, and can't provide proper documentation, it equals mucho trouble.

It's the same in just about every single country in the world. Citizens know that they should carry id on them at all times, even in western democratic nations. No ID = Trouble.

Should be the same in the USA . This law isn't doing anything that isn't already being done in nearly every nation in the world.

Anyone who is found in the USA illegally, should be treated exactly as they would be according to the laws of their home country, not according to the laws of the USA, especially if they commit a crime.

You see this is just not correct. Being questioned in the UK (Where I lived for 20 years) or here is Australia where I now live will not reusult in any particular trouble just because you don't have ID. If you are susspected of a crime or trafic offence and you don't have ID you will be "Detained untill such time as your identity can be proven" but no other trouble will ensue.

Have fun Amerika, it wont be long before you need a permit just to walk the streets. I remember there was this place in Europe abour 50 years ago which had very much the same policy - no paper = straight to the internment camp.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by Evola

It's more like "You're in our country illegally, get out."

I agree. If you're stopped in Canada by the police, and can't provide proper documentation, it equals mucho trouble.

It's the same in just about every single country in the world. Citizens know that they should carry id on them at all times, even in western democratic nations. No ID = Trouble.

Should be the same in the USA . This law isn't doing anything that isn't already being done in nearly every nation in the world.

Anyone who is found in the USA illegally, should be treated exactly as they would be according to the laws of their home country, not according to the laws of the USA, especially if they commit a crime.

You see this is just not correct. Being questioned in the UK (Where I lived for 20 years) or here is Australia where I now live will not reusult in any particular trouble just because you don't have ID. If you are susspected of a crime or trafic offence and you don't have ID you will be "Detained untill such time as your identity can be proven" but no other trouble will ensue.

Have fun Amerika, it wont be long before you need a permit just to walk the streets. I remember there was this place in Europe abour 50 years ago which had very much the same policy - no paper = straight to the internment camp.

Are you really going to try and throw that card??? really? now?
Whom are you trying to service with that?

As much issues going on, you want to try to bring that into mix with the issue of Mexican illegal immigration (aliens)??
That helps no one, and will have opposite effect, I would rethink trying to throw that analogy into this mix.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Well, considering Australia has no neighbors, I don't think you fully comprehend the issues at large here. Until you live where a neighboring countries citizens can walk into your country, you cannot speak about the issue, sorry.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I am definitely a defender of this new law in Alabama but I must point out that Australia does have an illegal immigrant problem. Of course they do not just walk across the border rather they float in on boats coming from many of the nations along the Indian Ocean; Indonesia, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka, India, Thailand, Bangladesh, etc...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by querious

Sorry to say it but Shamatt is right. If you look at the new law, it is NOT just about illegal immigrants. That is just on the surface. Alabama is not New Mexico or Arizona. They do NOT have a big immigration problem. It is about UNDOCUMENTED people period. No ID, you are undocumented whether you are a US citizen or not. Wake up guys, the NWO is just around the corner. NO Joke!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

I am new to ATS, but rapidly becoming involved. I see a TON of posts concerning the NWO and wake up, but never any action. Talk is cheap, and actions speak louder than words!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Well, considering Australia has no neighbors, I don't think you fully comprehend the issues at large here. Until you live where a neighboring countries citizens can walk into your country, you cannot speak about the issue, sorry.

The Aussies have a lot of immigrant Chinese into their country...
they may not have a shared border but they do have a lot of open ocean to patrol...

Mater a fact there down under I remember they had a TV show about their coastal patrol... really cool boat was the real star of that show...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

I am new to ATS, but rapidly becoming involved. I see a TON of posts concerning the NWO and wake up, but never any action. Talk is cheap, and actions speak louder than words!

Then lead us. Who exactly is the enemy we need to attack with our actions? And what actions do you suggest we take?

Gets complicated, doesn't it?

topic....Immigration is so out of control that nothing will ever get done. Only grandstanding and ineffectual laws. There is just to much in the profit motive of using cheap labor and exploiting illegals. Business as usual...
The real power rests in the Corporate board rooms. If there is a real NWO; that's where it is or perhaps on a country club golf course in a gated community somewhere in Southern California or the Hamptons.
edit on 10-6-2011 by whaaa because: 356&$57

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Not really. Your government is the problem. The so called elected officials are the problem. When we try and enforce immigration, we are stopped. We are the people who put them in office, we are the government, not them. they only represent us. We have the RIGHT to enforce immigration. It is time for us to take charge and put a stop to it. If our representatives refuse to do it, then we must. By what means? That is where the crux of the matter lies. Start locally. Your town can pass statutes that discourage it. You get enough towns enacting these laws, the states will follow, then the feds have no choice but to act. To not follow public movement and sentiment is political suicide.

You can make it known that your town/city does not look favorably on illegal aliens. They don't go where they feel unwelcome. If you know of a business that hires them, report them to ICE, and follow up with a letter to the editor and your representative, both at the state and local level.

If the money is where the power lies, then use it to your advantage. Don't spend money with a business that employs illegals, and let them know it! I do this now. They know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I oppose what they are doing and I refuse to give them my money, and encourage others to do the same. most illegals, not all, but most work in the construction industry. Give your business to an American owned/operated contractor. You take away their funds, they can't employ them anymore.
edit on 10-6-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I see your point but even in local politics there is such a "good ole boy network" filled with corruption, nepotism, payoffs, graft, etc. And a disinterested electorate, more concerned with just getting by and trying to hang on to a job. I often attend my village council meetings and invariably it is filled with only business owners [im one of em] that have a vested interest in how the village is run and it's their buddies that sit on the counsel. Who employs the illegals? Business owners. See my point?

Even if a few malcontents showed up to a village meeting, complaining about the Mexicans, they would be ignored and ushered out the door by the cops.

And the corruption at our local level pales in comparison to what exist at the state level.

edit on 10-6-2011 by whaaa because: code 88

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

If the money is where the power lies, then use it to your advantage. Don't spend money with a business that employs illegals, and let them know it! I do this now. They know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I oppose what they are doing and I refuse to give them my money, and encourage others to do the same. most illegals, not all, but most work in the construction industry. Give your business to an American owned/operated contractor. You take away their funds, they can't employ them anymore.

Next time you go to a meeting bring as many supporters as you can and tell them this. tell them unless they stop, your money is going elsewhere. You'll break that ring up in a heartbeat.

If people don't do things like this then we truly are what the rest of the world sees us as, a bunch bullying pansies. I hope people are much more than that. I would hate to think that we are a bunch of whiners who just want to have something to complain about rather than exercising our muscle and effecting change.
edit on 10-6-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The state of Alabama was part of the controversy a year ago over stringent illegal immigration legislation when the governor declared he would champion a tough law. A questionable Alabama immigration law has just been authorized into law. The Arizona law passed last year is the clear inspiration for the law, as it utilizes similar tactics. Here is the proof: Controversy erupts over Alabama immigration law, newsytype.com.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

What if they pick up one of our people and try to deport them????

My answer was... yeah and where they going to Deport them too??? Georgia???

It won't matter where they deport you to. They'll keep you in prison for weeks or months or however long they want to keep you because of the backlog of requests for identifying someone. According to some judges in this country illegal aliens have no constitutional rights. If they suspect you're illegal, why bother allowing you a phone call, you have no rights as a human as laid out in the constitution.

Anyone know the detainment period for suspected illegal immigrants? How about suspected terrorists?

Our new 'communists' are actually Muslims. However, as John McCain did, we do blame all our problems on illegal immigrants:

Originally posted by Night Star
You don't think illegals bring in criminals? Sir, you are sadly mistaken!

One child was beheaded and the two others were nearly decapitated by two illegal aliens.
An illegal alien caused 18 year old Tricia taylor to lose both her legs above the knee.
Tracy Owens was a pregnant mom murdered by two illegal aliens while crossing the street
Troy Payton was stabbed to death defending his 15 year old daughter.
Darlene Squires mother of two deaf girls, 17 and 14, who were violently raped by three illegal aliens. One of the girls has cerebral palsy.

48,000 Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens since 9/11
You wouldn't dare look into the face of any family member who has suffered the devestation of losing their loved ones and tell them "An "illegal" immigrant no matter where they are from is what people don't like, because the TV tells them that these people are criminals who bring drugs and crime in the U.S." These people know full well that there are illegal alien criminals.

Murder and rape in America? It's the illegals fault! If we take the 2009 annual number of murders (16,000) and multiply that by eight(8) we get 128,000 murders total...so obviously, illegals account for nearly half of all murder in this country, right? RIGHT?!

It doesn't matter where we get the numbers, they make our argument justified. Do some of your own research, you'll find conflicting information everywhere. "Illegals cause crime!", "Crime has been dropping, regardless of immigration!"

Most of these illegals have had numerous arrests and deportations! Thousands of deaths that could have been avoided had our laws been enforced!

How many crimes could be avoided if every law were enforced? How well does any enforcement fare against crime, illegal or not? War on drugs? Texas' murder rate per capita?
edit on 21-6-2011 by links234 because: Bad math and many edits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join