It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA finally admits chicken meat contains cancer-causing arsenic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I give up!
I, like numerous posters, can't eat other meats. So I cook a variety of chicken.
There's freaking e-coli in EVERYTHING. Fruits, veggies, peanut butter, and obviously meat. If you go vegetarian, you are probably MORE likely to get food poisoning. But if you eat meat, there's arsenic, mercury, steroids, hormones and who knows what else.
Massive FAIL for the FDA and everyone else behind our food.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monstertako
reply to post by robile

Was that said by the same people that tried to convince us that;
radiation is good for you
there's nothing wrong with high fructose corn syrup
fluoride is good for your teeth
sugar doesn't cause tooth decay
smoking doesn't cause cancer
we don't need seatbels in our cars
Iraq has weapons of mass destruction
Bin Laden is dead, here's his DNA but we tossed his body
your vote makes a difference
everything is under control in the Gulf
we're in economic recovery, and have been for a while
and the big dinger - we'll be out of that country in two weeks

oops, almost forgot my rant meds

No I don't listen to those people. I like to use my own common sense. Nuts such as cashews, almonds, pine nuts and walnuts have trace amounts of arsenic. Does this mean people who eat eat almonds in mass amounts end up with cancer? I don't know. But most people who eat them now and then end up living otherwise healthy lives and actually benefit from the other nutrients in them. So small amounts of the element therefor is not harmful and some studies have shown these small amounts are even essential for animal growth. Of course constant or high exposure is in fact extremely dangerous since arsenic is a known poison. So the point is everything in moderation as our doctor always tells us.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
the FDA is a horrible excuse for a governing food body. they put arsenic in our food supply and fluoride (poison) in our water supply.

Why am I not surprised though? Our government has a history of lying, keeping secrets, and hurting us...

But has anyone considered that maybe the arsenic that is fed to the chickens doesn't actually end up on our dinner plate?

Here are a few possibilities that might make the chickens safe to eat...
...the arsenic doesn't get stored on the chickens as body fat.
...the arsenic passes through the intestinal system and gets pooped out.
...the arsenic affects only certain organs of the chicken and not the meat or fat.
...the arsenic is in such trace amounts that the affect is negligible.
...the FDA is wrong in their analysis.

edit on 10-6-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I'm seeing this natural news site quoted on ATS more & more... and if you look around on that site, you'll see a lot more claims than there are proofs. I read an article linked on here and it made all kinds of outrageous claims - not one single tiny shred of evidence. All opinion. The articles could have been written by anyone, for any purpose. Maybe just for advertising income.

Yellow journalism is yellow journalism, no matter what side of the issues you're on.

That website is not very credible in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'm so depressed. For the past year, I've cut down on red meat and mainly been eating chicken. Now what?

Chicken litter containing arsenic is fed to cows in factory beef operations. So the arsenic that's pooped out by the chickens gets consumed and concentrated in the tissues of cows, which is then ground into hamburger to be consumed by the clueless masses who don't even know they're eating second-hand chicken sh*t.

I think I'm gonna get some fried chicken, a huge burger, and wash it down with a super-sized diet Coke.

Also, why is Pfizer making chicken feeds anyway?
edit on 10-6-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I'm seeing this natural news site quoted on ATS more & more... and if you look around on that site, you'll see a lot more claims than there are proofs. I read an article linked on here and it made all kinds of outrageous claims - not one single tiny shred of evidence. All opinion. The articles could have been written by anyone, for any purpose. Maybe just for advertising income.

Yellow journalism is yellow journalism, no matter what side of the issues you're on.

That website is not very credible in my opinion.

Well with this story. They are legit.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Here in Michigan alot of well water has natural arsenic in it and some in high doses. The city of Bad Axe was wanting a trailer park outside of town to hook up to city water but the park didn't want to pay the big bunks to do it. So the city took water samples and made a buig deal about arsenic being in the water so everybody quit paying rent. The park owner had several samples of the city water and their level was twice that of the park. the city tried tosue for slander but the park ownet ended up winning 250k$ for his problems. Sold the park and retired.

It's common in water just like lead is in city water if you check it at the faucet and not the hydrant. thae helps explain the way city people act
edit on 10-6-2011 by mikellmikell because: Lead

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Geez everything causes cancer these days. What's left to eat? That's it ! I'm going to The Simpsons for dinner to eat cartoon food.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

Cartoon food. That cracked me up. It is possible to find good sources of food but it certainly is more of a challenge than most people can afford to deal with. On the other hand if you look at the cost of medical care we do not need Obamacare what we need is a food regulatory agency that is not bought and paid for by Corporate farming interests.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by Terrormaster

you know you don't have to have a farm to raise a chicken...even if you only have a small space you could raise chickens.

Check out this lady's set up at 1:00 into the video...

Thanks for the video,I was planning to build boxes to start doing some serious gardening next year,I live in a coastal community and the dirt is very poor here.Compost pile is ready,I'm actually really excited to be able to grow my garden.I was raised this way on fresh vegetables,home canned goods,no pre made anything within 10 years away from home I developed odd health symptoms that has effected my health to this day so I know all of these preservatives,flouride and other poisons do and will effect your health.I just wish I was aware of all of this sooner.Anyway keep spreading the info,and let those in charge we will not go down without a fight to keep these poisons out of our food water and air.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I gave up beef a long time ago and my diet consists of mainly chicken and fish. Recently, I dont know what is in the water because of radiation from Japan, mercury has always been a concern, and then I find out I shouldn't eat farm raised salmon. Needless to say, I cut down a lot of fish from my diet and NOW chicken?
Is there a branch of government that is not corrupt? Me thinks it's time for total reconstruction.

By the way, isn't arsenic found in cigarettes, if you smoke you are taking double the damage. sweet. x2 for government.
edit on 13-6-2011 by SophyC76 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join