It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA finally admits chicken meat contains cancer-causing arsenic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Taken from the above linked article:

The FDA has also gone after dozens of other companies for selling natural herbal products or nutritional products that enhance and support health. Plus, it's waging a war on raw milk which it says is dangerous. So now in America, we have a food and drug regulatory agency that says it's okay to eat arsenic, but dangerous to drink elderberry juice or raw milk

Eat more poison, in other words, but don't consume any healing foods. That's the FDA, killing off Americans one meal at a time while protecting the profits of the very companies that are poisoning us with their deadly ingredients.

This paints an extremely disturbing picture. Add all this into the flouride scam...what the hell is going on?

I am hoping that my locally grown (called organic) chicken is safe....I very rarely buy ANY kind of fast food meat. I get the impression that the largest at-risk group are those mass chicken farms (horrid conditions) that primarily sell to the fast-food market.

I think we can still eat the protien-filled meats....we just need to be very careful about where it comes from and how it is prepared.

I thought it was the fast food market too, god knows what's in a McDonalds chicken sandwich anymore!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I am hoping that my locally grown (called organic) chicken is safe....I very rarely buy ANY kind of fast food meat. I get the impression that the largest at-risk group are those mass chicken farms (horrid conditions) that primarily sell to the fast-food market.

I think we can still eat the protien-filled meats....we just need to be very careful about where it comes from and how it is prepared.

I agree completely. The first step is awareness. In the end it all comes down to the consumer to decide what they buy and consume. The government is there to protect your health in the same way the media is there to educate your children. Educate yourself about what you put in your body and spread the word. Don't trust anyone selling you anything unless you have done your research.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
so which chickens are safe ?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Arsenic is found in almonds too. I suppose we should scratch that off our list as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This information has been around for a while but it is coming to the forefront now because they are pulling that Pfizer poison feed off the market so perhaps soon you can go back to eating your chickens. I have been buying the natural chicken and I actually called them and ask them this question about the feed. You can eat chicken but you have to go for the slightly higher cost all natural ones and make sure you find out for sure that they do not use this additive in their feed.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Great! Now I can't eat a piece of boiled chicken without fear of death!
Thank you! Good old truth in conspiracies make me feel good!
I guess I'll be having cabbage for dinner....oh wait, that's is a GMO food.......

edit on 9-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)
God da#,you can't imagine how this angers me,now I'm going to have to raise my own chickens?it's the only thing left to insure we are eating clean food. We need to do something to stop all of this madness,I'm serious people...we need to take out the fda they do nothing to insure our food is safe.Our water is poisoned our air is poisoned,and our food is poisoned,why don't they just shoot us all.How do they get away with this sh#t

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Not surprised at all!

Everything causes cancer these days. We have so many chemicals in our food chain I am surprised we don't find radioactivity in there somewhere.

Maybe that's coming next.......
your right I'm surprised we don't glow in the dark,jesus I have to laugh or I'm going to start screaming and afraid I won't stop!!
edit on 9-6-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Not surprised at all!

Everything causes cancer these days. We have so many chemicals in our food chain I am surprised we don't find radioactivity in there somewhere.

Maybe that's coming next.......
your right I'm surprised we don't glow in the dark,jesus I have to laugh or I'm going to start screaming and afraid I won't stop!!
edit on 9-6-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

Amen, I had a power outage last night(thunderstorm) I was pretty shocked I wasn't glowing

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
More on this topic can be found in this article:

U.S. sales of widely used drug for chickens to be suspended

Sales of a drug widely used by poultry producers on their flocks will be suspended because a study found the livers of chickens given the drug contain inorganic arsenic -- a cancer-causing agent.
"We would like to stress that the levels of inorganic arsenic were very low, representing a very low health risk to people who eat chicken," said Dr. Bernadette Dunham, director of the Food and Drug Administration's Center for Veterinary Medicine, in a Wednesday conference call with reporters.
The drug, called 3-Nitro (Roxarsone), contains organic arsenic and has been used by poultry producers since 1944. Alpharma, a subsidiary of Pfizer Inc., will suspend the sales voluntarily in the United States, the FDA said.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Arsenic is found in almonds too. I suppose we should scratch that off our list as well.

Interesting.. I just caught a new advertising campaign here in Aus for New ALMOND M&MS

Great!

:-/

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Doies this affect eggs as well? (he says after just eating some eggs)

I dont actually eat chicken, I stopped when i was 7 years old (some 31 years ago) but i love eggs..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrormaster

you know you don't have to have a farm to raise a chicken...even if you only have a small space you could raise chickens.

Check out this lady's set up at 1:00 into the video...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is kind of misleading is this a farm raised chicken or a Mc Chicken?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

I guess that explains why TPTB is trying to get us to eat more white meat products like chicken.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I mostly eat chicken and fish - well there
goes the chicken and I feel the fish isn't
far behind either. Guess I will go veggie
again but I have a difficult time getting
enough calories - I am on the small side.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't know what's worse starving to death or cancer.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Where's the justice!!! The prison should be full!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpongeBeard
Can you guys honestly say that you're surprised?
This is likely some sort of 'population reduction' tactic. By the time we actually realize that we've got cancer, it's impossible to trace it to the source.
Considering we don't even know what causes cancer in most cases.
I hate the answer as much as you guys do, but you can't deny it. The world is over populated, and the population NEEDS to go down.

This is a fallacy, that the earth is overpopulated. The planet has enough to support Us several times over. The problem comes in because We are distributing by profit and not need. Supermarkets alone throw out hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.

So THAT is not the problem. The problem is the love of money - the root of all evil - and making people sick with one product boosts the sales of the "medicine."

Let's get rid of the need for money!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by robile

Was that said by the same people that tried to convince us that;
radiation is good for you
there's nothing wrong with high fructose corn syrup
fluoride is good for your teeth
sugar doesn't cause tooth decay
smoking doesn't cause cancer
we don't need seatbels in our cars
Iraq has weapons of mass destruction