It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich, Famous and Powerful Converge at Bilderberg

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Rich, Famous and Powerful Converge at Bilderberg

www.cnbc.com

Dominique Strauss-Kahn, naturally, isn't attending this year, and his likely successor Christine Lagarde is in China, but the Bilderberg Conference which kicks off in the Swiss resort of St. Moritz on Thursday retains its conspiratorial chic and pulling power.

The attendee list of Bilderberg is still pretty much the only thing that is not a closely guarded secret, as 120 of the world's richest and most powerful people meet behind closed doors, this time at the Suvretta Hous
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't know too much about this group, but have to assume that they are a shell of what they used to be. They are out in the open so much that a "behind the scenes" off shoot of this group must have been formed by now.

There is no way that they are discussing anything of any conspiratorial significance at these meetings any more.

The guest list is now including some very rich people, that I'm sure are not trusted. What do you think they have done.... Started a behind the scenes group that attempts to secretly influence the meetings, without the participants knowing they are being manipulated.. What do you think?

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

Now, where is an unmanned drone when you need one?
Second line

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
imagine the chaos in the world if a strategically placed terrorist attack wiped out the 120 people there?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Amazing, simply Amazing what we are watching happen.
www.infowars.com...
www.infowars.com...

make it stop
edit on 123030p://bThursday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Perhaps the Bilderberg Organization is hyped too much in places like ATS. I can't believe that if they truly discuss utterly evil plans that no one has ever blown the whistle. Not a single person...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Lol. I was thinking "Legionnaires' disease" myself, but I feel you.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

This guy for the Guardian, Charlie Skelton has been blogging from from Bilderberg conferences and is a little less conspiratorial than alex Jones, but gives a good update on things.
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Really? I have no problem believing that they can discuss evil plans and not have it hit the media at all. The CIA plotting to use propaganda in France and Germany to ensure support for the war in Afghanistan never hit the media. Its on Wikileaks.

Lots of the notes from other groups like the Trilateral commission where some pretty evil crap is also debated also never hits the media.

Stuff on their agendas DOES get out, its also sometimes readily available on the internet, and the problem is that the media doesnt report it, and the average person doesnt know they should go looking for it BECAUSE the media doesnt report it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Perhaps the Bilderberg Organization is hyped too much in places like ATS. I can't believe that if they truly discuss utterly evil plans that no one has ever blown the whistle. Not a single person...

It depends what you class as evil, the Idea of a European Union was quite a noble one considering the centuries of war that ravaged the continent, but now look at it, we now have a centralisation of power with less democracy for its citizens. Making conditions for rich people to get richer is something most who attend the meetings agree on, so why would they blow the whistle. I guess the equivalent of the whistle blowers are the ones feeding certain members of the alternative media, lists of the parcipients and meeting agendas.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
In my opinion, if the Bilderberg group is not discussing evil plans to take over the world, or how ever you want to phrase it, why not just let some reporters in to record everything that happens and report on it?
But then like what was said above, there would just be other more secrete groups that would carry on in the same tradition.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

It depends what you class as evil, the Idea of a European Union was quite a noble one considering the centuries of war that ravaged the continent, but now look at it, we now have a centralisation of power with less democracy for its citizens.

I disagree that the original idea of an EU was noble. How something is sold to the masses has little to do with the economic realities driving the policy. People seem to have a really, really hard time going beneath the surface arguments presented to them, and following the money and power to the underlying motive.

Humanitarian wars.................................never are. Unions to prevent war.................................are not. The problem with humans in general is, they are not really very smart. If you package anything in such a way that the "mark" or target audience can be made to believe there is something in it for them, at little to no cost and effort, they will buy it. Every time. They will not sit down and follow it all out logically first to see if that it what is really likely to happen, or if the person offering the "good deal" is really the one most likely to benefit.

Cons work because even the average person is as greedy as those at the top. They are also lazy, and hedonistic. So if you can offer them "fun" (food, sexual titillation, amusement) they will gravitate towards that, and NOT spend their time thinking deeply and seriously about what is going on in the broader world, or broader levels of society.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
In my opinion, if the Bilderberg group is not discussing evil plans to take over the world, or how ever you want to phrase it, why not just let some reporters in to record everything that happens and report on it?

It would not matter if they did report it. No one would watch it. People would be watching "Jersey Shore" or something similarly idiotic instead.

In fact, they SHOULD put it on PBS or something just for irony's sake. So when people totally lost their democracies and national sovereignty they could rub it in our faces that they were open about it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Interesting article from the Guardians blogger at Bilderberg. There has already been a "bomb" scare.

This is the bit about Bilderberg that I really don't get. It's an old chestnut, but let's just take another bite at it. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that Bilderberg benefits us all. The citizens of the world are made safer, or happier, or healthier, or better off as a result of this meeting. Let's just say that the head of Deutsche Bank spends four days with the head of BP in order to improve our lives.

Let's suppose, shall we, that the amiable hosts – David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger, and the Queen of the Netherlands – have the interests of the general public written in big red letters at the top of their conference agenda.

Suppose all that. Then why the fence? Why do delegates fling themselves across the back seats of their limousines rather than be seen attending this helpful gathering? Why the blacked-out windows and the newspapers held in front of their faces? And why the big white fence? I don't get it.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

the Bilderberg Organization is behind the destruction of Yugoslavia, even Jim trucker reported about how the the Bilderberg Organization plans for the future of Kosovo.

Its laughable that cnbc is the same book excuse (the Bilderberg people) by claiming they aren't evil, but they are having secret meetings on how to save us, thats funny if you believe that.

"It's a meeting. It's not an organization. It's not an official summit," he told CNBC.com. "It's basically a meeting of friends.

ah yes the meeting of globalists friends, i am pretty sure its an organization

The first Bilderberg meeting in 1954 was an attempt to stamp out post-war anti-Americanism in Europe, bringing together senior U.S. and European figures to meet and discuss the international challenges of the day.

to stamp out post-war anti-Americanism in Europe? nope they had meetings on how to destroy the eupore which was pretty much soviet run, and ways to destroy Yugoslavia.

As for you Mdv2 i assume your pretty much to the new Bilderberg thing are you?

If so watch this video

The Bilderberg
edit on 9-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
They may be rich, famous and powerful, but if in fact these people are the ones who truly do run the oh so secret one world government, they have one thing lacking. Intelligence. In any case, maybe they'll finally figure out that someone is on to them and that if the internet can bring about things like the "Arab Spring", then there really is no one that can hide from the light of day.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

I first read about the Bilderberg group in an old book that was published in the year I was born, 74. It has been talked about on the internet since there has been an internet. People like Nick Sandberg in the original prison planet article talked about it. There have been documentaries on TV aplenty and questions about the Bilderberg meetings have been asked and evaded in the UK's house of commons.

What has been done about it? What can be done about it? Maybe Anonymous can attack the hotel for the duration of the meeting, as the venues are now known about before the event starts. Perhaps an anarchist group could physically attack the place, but with the CIA, FBI, Mossad and the FSB handling security I would consider that a pretty dangerous task.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You guys are aware that Hilary clinton is up for the seat of the World bank right?
She is dismantling Gadhaffis state owned bank, and then running for World bank head...how convenient.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
just as I was reading this title
I had the weirdest thought.

what if .... and I mean what if

there was a false flag at this event?

And by that I mean, a huge explosion
leveling the building but it was all
planned ahead of time by the elites
to which they all got out and went
underground and faked their own
deaths to live immortally in their
bunkers while the rest of the world
swelters under WW3 ???

Who would be looking for them
if everybody thinks they were dead ???

Wouldn't that be the disappearing
act of the century ???

NOTE: this is not meant to be a threat
in any way and was just posted for amusement
purposes only as a hypothetical scenario

in redneck jargon:
don't get ur panties in a wad

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

My mind has wandered towards this possibility too.

I doubt it can happen, given the level of international security, as well as less restrained corporate security, there is at these things.

Somehow I think their only vulnerability is among themselves.... which is why it is with a certain amount of schadenfreude that I like to recall how they can't ever really trust each other.

edit on 9-6-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join