It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Internet Traffic Expected to Quadruple by 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"Internet traffic is projected to approach 1 zettabyte per year in 2015 — that’s equivalent of all the digital data in existence in 2010."

Let that sink in for a moment.

I like to think of the internet as the modern Homo sapien's diary. One day in the far distant future, archeologists will learn about us one hard drive at a time. And if the English language has become an ancient language, they will find themselves trying to decipher our data like we decipher hieroglyphics today.

Source

We are truly living in the information age. Anything and everything you ever wanted to know about is now in the power of a handheld device that most people carry with them at all times. This applies to information, things and people. Its all the more reason to be aware that anything you post on the internet is there to stay indefinitely. So if someone reads this thread in the future, please don't judge us by everything you've discovered on the internet. Most of the content should just be ignored as it will only give our people a bad name.
edit on 9-6-2011 by robile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Oh wow! What a marvel. I didn't know our brain can hold about 10,000,000,000,000,000 bytes of information. That's so astounding to think about. Now I just wish I knew how to actual intake and remember that much data!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

I'm sure if our minds were scanned by a computer we would find a lot of adware, spyware, viruses and trojans just like any other computer out there. That is probably what is limiting our retrieval of stored information in our brains. Now to create a pill with nanobots to target and wipe all the corrupted sectors in our brain

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by robile

Haha what a great analogy.
Interesting to see how nobody else finds this thread of any interest yet.
It has some cool information

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Too bad USA has some of the slowest broadband speeds.

SK internet destroys ours.

injury to insult;

By the end of 2012, South Korea intends to connect every home in the country to the Internet at one gigabit per second. That would be a tenfold increase from the already blazing national standard and more than 200 times as fast as the average household setup in the United States.

this is a link

By that standard your 5mbps broadband connection will be the equivalent of a 56k dial up.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Too bad USA has some of the slowest broadband speeds.

SK internet destroys ours.

injury to insult;

By the end of 2012, South Korea intends to connect every home in the country to the Internet at one gigabit per second. That would be a tenfold increase from the already blazing national standard and more than 200 times as fast as the average household setup in the United States.

this is a link

By that standard your 5mbps broadband connection will be the equivalent of a 56k dial up.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

Oh my god that's ridiculous!!!
Right now I'm downloading a 1.2GB file of Adobe Photoshop cs4 and it has taken about 20 minutes so far and it's at about 90%. If I had Korea's speed, I would have finished it in 2 seconds!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumPhysicist
reply to post by robile

Haha what a great analogy.
Interesting to see how nobody else finds this thread of any interest yet.
It has some cool information

Well it doesn't involve aliens, 9/11 or the Illuminati so of course it would make sense that a thread about bomb proof toilets gets more interest

top topics

join