It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Zombie Killers" For SHTF Scenario?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have a couple handguns, but I'm in the market for a couple semi auto zombie killers...

My budget is 1500 bucks....

I'm leaning towards the Saiga .308(I like the .308 over the 7.62x39 for it's stopping power and versatility as a big game hunter) , and the Saiga 12g semi auto shotgun...

I would also put Tapco pistol grip conversions, and other fun toys, on them...

What do you guys think? Any opinions on better guns that fit into my budget?

edit on 9-6-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: ff

edit on 9-6-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarification on exact caliber

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If you were really talking zombies then I wouldn't be wanting guns in the first place, I want some good blunt force trauma weapons along with some swords, axes and hatchets.. those don't run out of ammo!

But since I don't think you mean zombies.......

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Bro mego. Wat state r u from? I work in a gun store in cal. But gun laws here kind of restrict us from most of the good zombie killin machines :/ my suggestion would b to build an AR 15 in 308 or in 762 by 39 or 54 them russian rounds dont cost as much so easier to stalk up on lol

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

A good array of weapons is best for Zombies... I would of course have my axe and machete at the ready affter my ammo runs out...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by andyr1112

I'm in NC now, but I'm planning on moving to AZ in the next few months... Just bought a piece of property... Yeah Cali sucks for Gun's... I grew up in San Diego...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"He said I was born of an alien race, born with a hatchet and a juggalo face"

Hatchet would be my sidekick. Sword, Baton, 9MM, and then some custom creations.

Always thought about pumping some hydrogen through a powder coating gun but it would have to be portable.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
it makes me a bit nervoes that peoüle buy guns to kill zombies...

seriously...you shouldnt own a gun...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

lmao...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
For zombie defense rather than a gun, I would get 2 acres and put a 2 foot thick 12 foot high wall around the whole thing.
Bucket drop entry only, this way zombies cannot crash the gate.
This however would not be suitablr for keeping live forces out as they could just take a helicopter in.
Actually I may be wrong, recently I remember seeing a helicopter that could not negotiate a small wall.

But a walled couple of acres would allow you to conserve ammo and just use oil and fire.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

I strongly disagree bro, the US said we should prep for a zombie apocalypse.
We're just doing our civic duty!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Ok so when there r 10 zombies runnin at u and ur all by urself u go ahead and have fun with tht bat. I on the other hand will have my AR 15 with some extra Already loaded 30 round mags on my side blastin those zombies away. You know I would carry a bat and machete for backup reasons but thts for wen I run out of ammo and you kno there r such things as bayonets

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Great advice... however I fear this may exceed my $1500 budget...

One day I will certainly take this into consideration... hopefully the Zombies won't come before then...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yea AZ is where its at man. They got it all there. For anyone who thinks its idiotic to stock up for zombies doesnt realize zombies r real! I seent em wiff my own eyes! You know in all the resident evil movies

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

A long blade and the ability to energy drain should help.

bullets run out. Also consider the splatter aspect if their fliuds infect as well, so you dont wanna be splattering the mess on you targeting yourself..

Its a deep thought
fast zombies with no infected fluids unless bitten
or slow continous moving zombies with infected fluids

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
I'm leaning towards the Saiga .308(I like the .308 over the 7.62 for it's stopping power and versatility as a big game hunter)

The .308 (Winchester) is a 7.62mm... 7.62x51mm to be exact... You are probably referencing the 7.62x39mm but your vagueness prompted this reply. .300 Winchester is another fine 7.62mm round though more suited for a bolt action rifle.

My .308 Win. bolt gun is all I would need for a zombie gun at over 100 meters... Zombie gun implies head shots... And the Saiga will come up short in that department. Buy a nice heavy barrel bolt gun and work on technique. It's cheaper and more effective.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Ok smart as. He was obiously reffering to 7.62x39 because he was talking about the saiga which is the legal ak for us people in gun controlled states which comes in (223,762x39,and 308) most people know this so wen he says 7.62 refering to saiga he means 7.62x39 happy to clear tht one up for u

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

My buddy has a Saiga .308 with a cheap scope and I was shooting 1-2 MOA groups no problem... More than sufficient for headshots at 100-200 yds...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by andyr1112

LOL you said legal!
You are right, however I find it weird that in Kalifornia I can own a substandard zombie gun in the AR platform, or I can move a state over and change out a few parts and have the same gun that is mowing down the middle east.
My brother can own an AK but I cannot.

Heck, I have not checked but in Kalifornia I prolly couldn't even own a saiga.

More on topic.
Something we have to take into consideration is which kind of zombies are we talking about?
fast, slow, smart, dumb, contagious, non infectious.
This would decide the best weapon.
Slow dumb and non contagious an axe would rule the day.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
recently I remember seeing a helicopter that could not negotiate a small wall.

Starred, proper laugh out loud, my son woke, momentarily, from his red dead redemption trance to say "what" as I laughed

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

fast smart and non-contagious with a slow infectious one thrown in every now 'n' then just to keep things interesting...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join