It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your opinions about whether the gods existed on Earth or not at one time. ((Skeptics welcome as long

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
As I first posted. I don't mind skeptics and I have a few whom I absolutely favorite on here because of their kind nature. But this thread isn't about skeptics its about the gods. Now I have been thinking about what all I have experienced and my astral journeys and travels. Through it I have experienced shadows scratching my hip and leaving violent scratches upon them in real life. Auras that I can see in real life. I have also heard tales on ATS of other people experiencing such things. My point in being it has led me to believe that the astral world may have at one time been the main source for life is what I'll use as the word here and where we lived and eventually evolved into what we are today. Now why there is "PROOF" of ancient civilizations but no proof of gods actually existing and exhibiting powers on Earth seems to me to be a very simple answer. The witch trails and how people because scared of other human beings because they may have held powers which could not be explained. This does not mean they were evil or wrong or even in their own right mind capable of understanding what they had and if they did and people treated them with respect I doubt we would have had as much blood shed or wrong doings in the world as we do now. ((Only saying this because one wrong does not make someone write for committing another wrong.)) Now then, I was watching a T.V. documentary of the gods on the History Channel. It showed a lot of facts about how there may have been ancient cities that held remnants of truth of ancient god like knowledge. But why hide such things when it could benifit us some probably wonder to this day as do archeologists and other historians. My conclusion is because some ancient knowledge can lead to corruption, greed, disease, and mistrust in people who hold power. Now then.. if this is so why do we have it today? Would our world be called by some ancient people the world of the gods because we hold vast technologies that others in their time did not have? That and even then the ancient egyptians held vast medical knowledge that historians are only now pointing out to us. The only thing they did not have was sleeping meds and pain killers. At least that is what I saw from one documentary. My point in being is why do we "WANT" such knowledge if it is what destroyed previous nations. Point taken from what I wrote what is ya'lls opinions? Do ya'll think they existed here at one time or not? If so what do ya'll think about all the strange paranormal happenings that happen all the time now it seems? Could it not be a warning to "STOP" what we are doing and work? Well this is my thread and I'd appreciate to hear ya'lls thoughts.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I believe that the "gods" once walked the earth and taught mankind the basics of civilisation.

For me the question is just were they gods, interdimensional beings, aliens, advanced humans or god knows what LOL

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yeah that is a good question. What and who were they? Why were they here? Were they aliens , inter-dimensional beings? Did they come here wit the intention of teaching or were they just looking to co-exist. Perhaps it was both f those reasons, but after learning how corrupt and hellbent on causing destruction, we are, they decide it was not worth it and left?

I don't know.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
much of the characters in many ancient civilizations Pantheons of Gods were real,
physical, waking reality individuals.... but at time went on the special attributes of some of the Gods became exaggerated...
the more well known Gods from the empires of Greece, Rome, Mesopotamia, Norse/Viking, CXhina, Indus...etc etc.... were actually real beings/persons... they were not creations from overactive imaginations or purposeful Gods and fables like modern Santa's or easter bunnies, Paul Bunyan's... boogy men

walk both the inner worlds (both higher and lower realms) and the normal reality world...
your good to go with your astral travels...have you been meeting the proper people/entities

no reply necessary

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rishiana

why hide such things when it could benifit us some probably wonder to this day as do archeologists and other historians. My conclusion is because some ancient knowledge can lead to corruption, greed, disease, and mistrust in people who hold power.

Such technologies are hidden from us to keep us" dumb ". Of course the "powers that be" don't want the people knowing these things. If the people were "let in" on these knowledge's it would cause the establishment to crumble. No longer would those in control be able to manipulate the public. The truth would come out and all would be much different over night. This would break the hold that the american government has on it's people. Many more people would be awakened, Not only would this come crashing down around them, it would open real possibilities to the origins of human beings and where we actually come from. The ripple effect in todays society would be staggering. If we found humans to be of alien decent it would send shock waves through human culture. People would lose faith in their religions and lose even more respect and faith in the worlds governments. Chaos would ensue.

Corruption, greed, disease, and mistrust already run rampant. Every politician on the planet is corrupt with greed and power. The most influential people use these tools every day to keep "the people" in check. I do not think it is a matter of alien technology, it is a matter of any advanced technology. The establishment will do anything and everything to keep people from knowing the truth, and when the truth comes out, when it finally boils over, there will be no stopping the backlash. The people won't be able to stand the lies any longer and will finally take america back from the influences that see to it we remain in the dark.

- Simms

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I agree that that is a very good question. My question though is if we knew that what would we do about it? Seems to me most people couldn't handle it. Some would probably just stay in their current positions remaining ignorant of the truth. But thats just what I think.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I dunno I was thinking more along the lines of the fact they themselves saw the destruction they caused and just up and left. Unfortunately it seems we are going down their same path in a way. I believe you and possibly only you would know what I'm talking about love.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thank you and as for me meeting the proper people / entities well to tell the truth I meet too many and all too often I seem to be fixing problems while fixing the flaws within myself. Which sad to say I still have a long way to go. I'm still displeased with myself and most people tell me I need to calm down but for me its hard. I worry too much and I am stubborn and I have a very rebellious spark in me. But thats besides the point. Point in question even if I did meet the wrong people I had my reasons for meeting them and I helped both them and me in the end. I hate to say it but if it wasn't for the devils and the demons I've met in my travels whom are now my friends and whom I respect but don't trust, I would have never learned some of my most important lessons that led me to change the way I am.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSimms

The subliminal message I was telling you already described. This is my point and it is we are "TOO" advanced for our own good and we look for self gratification instead of finding it in helping others. So yeah... thanks for your post. It may help some people.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So I don't mean to be all skeptical. But a solid block of letters like that is very hard on some peoples eyes.
Very hard to read. That's why you never see any posts that look the way yours does.

The look similar to what you see here.

If you just put a space between paragraphs it makes all the difference.
edit on 9-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I believe in one God.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I doubt I could change the format now and it really isn't that long of a post. Not to mention this is kind of off topic since you didn't reply about the actual paragraphs topic.

Re edit: Okay so you believe in one god. Sad to say I don't believe in one god >,> Not after the stuff I've seen and experienced.

edit on 9-6-2011 by Rishiana because: Forgot a word

edit on 9-6-2011 by Rishiana because: More info needed

edit on 9-6-2011 by Rishiana because: Re editted due to another posts re editting

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Just so you know then k?
There is no topic if people can't read it.

Why do people have to get all bent when you try to help 'em out ?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'd change it if I could re edit it. Can I say that much in a polite manner? Sorry I'm just cross after work at the moment.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

No it's not that bad Darlin like you said just chalk it up. k?

Do I believe they were actually Gods that came down ? I can't believe that. I believe there was something going on around here that hasn't been explained properly for sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh okay. Thanks sorry I was getting irritated because if I could I would have changed the format. Oh and its hard for me to believe in what you just said. But maybe thats because I went through what I went through all growing up.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I'll go so far as to say, I believe there was something more than human here at one time, that set themselves up as Gods. As for what happened to you growing up do a thread on that too. Put in the right forum. Those type of threads usually go way far. I would love to read it myself. Psychology most likely. SnF cause I like the subject and you gave a lot of text.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for liking the subject and I may just do that one day Randy. I appreciate you giving me pointers for large paragraphs btw. Well one day I may do it. But not at the moment.

new topics

top topics

join