It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ring of fire activity: What's your opinion?>

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
www.hsv.com...
(click on the map, then on special events, it will show a list of all events since the beginning of the year)

For the past few months I have been noticing more and more volcanic and EQ activity along the Pacific Ring of Fire. The Ring of fire has always intrigued me! I find it facinating! And now with EQ's and Volcanic activity picking up, I have to ask...is this all just coincidence? I will be researching more info, but would love to hear your opinions! This is my first thread so, please be gentle with your opinions. Thanks.

Anjl
edit on 9-6-2011 by anjl32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2011 by anjl32 because: don't know what I'm doing...lmao...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
A geologist on one of the major networks was interviewed a day or two after the Japan quake and said that there would be activity in that region as a result of the Japan quake for up to, and possibly over a year.. he even said that as a result of Japan he wouldn't be surprised to see quakes happen in the western USA a year later..

It's pretty normal for a major earthquake in that region to light up the circle for extended periods

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Fault lines are areas of high pressure where the plates are moving against eachother in the opposite direction.. over time the force builds up to a breaking point which leads to earthquakes.. with that in mind, when something large happens like Japan.. it shakes the earth for thousands of miles and can increase the tendsion in surrounding plates and trigger breaks in other regions.. the ring of fire is a series of fault lines that are close to eachother so when one quake happens it tens to cause a ripple of quakes and a sort of feedback loop.. usually a bunch of small quakes we barely notice.. but when a Japan event happens the ripple is much larger.
edit on 9-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Ahhhhh.....well, that's quite interesting, I did not know that. But still, very interesting I think. Thanks for your input! Much appreciated! =)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No problem .. at least I was in before the inevitable HAARP posts

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Oh no kidding...HAARP my a**! I knew a little about plate techtonics (sp) and the possible ripple effect, but didnt' realize it could reach us all the way over here in the states. And with all of the volcanoes erupting recently, I was just...excited? I guess would be the word. Volcanoes are my main point of interest. Prolly having something to do with St. Helens in my back yard. Too bad I was too young to remember her eruption! My husband tells me it was extraordinary to watch! so the ring of fire is like Disneyland compared to McDonalds playplace for me! It just intrigues me to no end!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by anjl32

but HAARP is to blame! last night it rained where I live. The government knows that i know far too much and sent an irritating warning in the form of a light night time shower. Signing off now.

new topics

top topics

join