It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewarps

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
My Family was Transported into the Future

My entire family passed through a time warp while vacationing in Canada in 1969-1970. We were returning from Toronto to cross the Canadian/US border, but after awhile we realized that we had gone in the wrong direction, because the scenery became more and more rural instead of urban, with barns, cows, farmhouses, woods and fields. So we pulled over at a little store and the owners told us we were headed completely in the wrong direction, and told us to turn our vehicle around and go back on the same highway we came on, in the direction we came from and told us what turns to make, etc.

As soon as we turned around on the highway and headed back, we noticed that all of the barns, cows, countryside had completely vanished! The farmhouses were replaced with suburban houses like you see nowadays. The fields and woods were gone. We all got real scared and asked my father, who was driving, "Dad, where did the cows go? Where did the barns go?" "Shut up!" was his response, obviously terrified.

We finally passed by the landmark we recalled--that of a low stone wall, and after that, the scenery completely returned to it's former state.

The drive back to Pennsylvania was in dead silence, my parents and us 3 girls staring out the windows, puzzled over what had just happened to us. When we got home, Dad made us all sit down on the couch, and proceeded to explain to us that he believed the only explanation for what we experienced is that we were briefly transported through a time warp into the future on that stretch of highway, possibly to avoid an auto accident.

Has anyone else ever experienced a time warp? Please share your actual experiences!

[edit on 11-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Very interesting. I never had an experience of time warp. I do believe other dimensions exist, and passing in and out of them are possibilities. Is this the same as the four corners and burmuda triangle?? I am curious.... did you ever return to that stretch of highway??

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I've never experienced a Timewarp unless you count jumping to the left, stepping to the right and bending your knees in tight... ok, I won't continue with that, but you get the idea.

I have heard of things like that happening. I mean, that's one of the theories for ghosts popularized on TV shows that they're just from a different dimension. Who knows? Maybe someone thought you were a ghost.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I hope you didn't get lost and go down a different road
that was more built up than the one you had been on.

BECAUSE, if you were really on the same road, and
really experienceing a time warp into the near future,
then that means that all these doom and gloom 'prophecies'
are dead wrong and the world, or at least the NE USA and
Canada, will be just fine and thriving.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
No I've never returned to that highway.
But yes this is a truly valid experience that
my family of 2 adults and 3 teenage girls
all experienced simultaneously.
We turned around on the same road,
there were no other roads to turn on.

I once knew a guy who he and his friend
both witnessed a door appear to them
while walking in the woods. They decided
to walk through the door, and after they
did, they found themselves on the Brooklyn
Bridge!!! They stared at each other, looked
around, and came right back out of that door.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
how come timewarps and all those other cool things like astral projections don't happen to me??

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ok - here is the closest I've ever came to something like.

I grew up in the mtns. of SW Va. Very rual area, with not much to do. One night while I was in my early 20's a buddy and I decided just to drive around. We took many winding little roads through the mtns. Some paved, some dirt. We drove for a couple of hours in basically whatever direction the car was pointed.

Then we turn off on to a bigger road and see a sign telling we've just entered a county neither of were familar with. We realized we were totally lost. So, we drive around and find an all night gas station. I ask the guy inside how we get back to our home county. His reply was, "You can't get there from here! At least not in one night." When we asked how we go about getting there he started rattling off some roads we'd never heard of .

So, we thanked him and decided just to start more or less heading in what felt like the opposite direction in which we came. About 3 hours of driving this time. More small twisty roads. Neither of us having a clue where we were. Just going in the direction that felt right. Finally we pull off onto a highway and recognize the area. We made it home.

Next day we were telling some folks about our trip. Their response was, "Nah - you can't make a trip there and back in 1 night."

My guess is we got extermly lucky and found a shortcut by accident. Still, it was freaky.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have never experienced a timewarp but I have went to places that I have never been before and known where things were before we got to em!!! I have experienced De Javue on more than one occasion knowing I had never been in that place before! I wonder if that may not be linked to your timewarp theory? As far as time travel goes i have a question: If it did exist wouldn't we already know about it because someone would be doing it? Hmmm who knows however that is a very kewl and interesting story, wish i had lived it!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What was the name of the Area, Town, Road, County?

You say that the suburban houses you saw were similar to those you would see around today, was it obvious at the time that these were homes that were not built before 1970?

Did they look aged in any manner?

Did you see any people in and around the houses?

Do you recollect any sign posts?

Have you tried looking a maps of the area?

You may need to take another Canadian vacation.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
"What was the name of the Area, Town, Road, County?"

We were outside of Toronto, Canada westbound on a highway
headed towards Detroit! We turned around on same highway
but I don't know the county, highway's number, etc.

"You say that the suburban houses you saw were similar to those you would see around today, was it obvious at the time that these were homes that were not built before 1970?"

The houses looked like modern houses we see built today in the
years 2000. Nothing like the 70s houses. They were ultra-modern,
and we'd never seen houses like that.

"Did they look aged in any manner?"

No. Very new.

"Did you see any people in and around the houses?"

No.

"Do you recollect any sign posts?"

Just the low stone wall landmark alongside of the highway
and the little country store at the roadside.

"Have you tried looking a maps of the area?"

No.

"You may need to take another Canadian vacation."

If I were living in my hometown of Erie, Pennsylvania
instead of Lake Charles, Louisiana, I would! Erie was
90 miles from Canada.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Which area or road was it on, the main route would be down the "MacDonald Cartier Freeway - P401"?

Do you recognise any of the town names in between Toronto and Detroit?

Note:
The map will be removed from this thread when it is no longer required.

[edit on 12-8-2004 by Koka]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Considering this occurred a long time ago with
me riding in the back seat, the best I can do
is that I checked out some maps and saw
that the main routes going west from Toronto
towards Detroit are 407, 401, 403 and 402.

We traveled approximately one hour once we
were out of the city of Toronto, so figure no
more than about 50-60 miles in a westerly
direction. I would lean towards the more
southwesterly routes since they are headed
more directly towards Detroit.

If I were living in the Northeast again, I'd
definately go on a road trip to try and find it!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
it was probley the 401 cuz i dont think many of tyhe other routes went all the way back then , i check with my family , but i do know that the area of road from detroit to london ont. were i once lived , is called carnage ally , and its extermlly easy to have accdients there infact its canada's capitoal for them , i was once forced to drive it when i never have drvien b4 becuase the driver who got me down there one of my best friends was trying to comit sucide and bring me with him by taking the car onto on coming traffic ( its easy to go across a 2 meter grass area thats basicly flat to oncoming traffic ) he was depressed cuz he belived he had hiv/aids and he wanted to see the west coast of cannada instead of being stuck in kingston (the black hole ) but we were turned back at the border ( in retrospect it was a good thing but then thats the start of a whole long mystcal experince story i'll make a thread someday and post the whole story ))))) still if u could remember anything else about the experince like landmarks of such or what about the landmark u do remmebr u can say so i can go look

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hi Kuroibunshi,

I'd be interested to hear more of your experience. Perhaps it was
401. I wish I remembered more landmarks but it happened a long
time ago. My father was a man who prided himself in being rational
and logical, and for him to admit that what happened defied all
scientific knowledge was a profound indication that the experience
was indeed a valid one.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I just remembered something! I don't know if this is considered a "Time Warp" or not, but when we were going to a little Christmas lights thing when I was 11 I experienced something definitely strange. We were in the line of cars waiting to go into the place when my mom told me to look behind us and see if my uncle was there because he was taking his family and my pap along with him. Well, I turned around and there was this big flash of light and when it dimmed I couldn't see very well, but when it dimmed I saw my uncle driving, but his hair was grey and he definitely developed a few wrinkles. Beside him was a very old, frail man (when I looked closely I realized this was my pap). The car was also slightly different the color was a bit off. I stared at them for at least a minute until I was kinda creeped that I was accidentally staring at someone else so I turned around. We moved a little bit and there was another flash of light. I turned back around and everything was back to normal. Now, this was a one lane thing and no cars could have possibly passed him in that period of time and they were behind us the whole time. However, I don't think this was an actual time warp because my uncle constantly shaves his head and says he will never grow hair again and my pap died.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
My closest experience with a time warp, if it can be called that happened about a month ago.

Living in New England, I'm used to old houses and towns with a lot of history. A street that runs paralllel to my aparment building actually used to be where the first train line into the city was located, I believe sometime around 1880-1890. The original train station has been refurbished into a sort of mini-mall with a variety of shops. If I look out my window across the street is an area where the trains were serviced, taking on water and coal, etc., and one of the original structures used for storing the coal still stands.

I was at my desk working on writing an email. I was focusing pretty intently when out of blue it was almost of if my mind went blank for a second and the next thing I know, I hear the sound of a train whistle and starting to move down the tracks coming from outside. I was like what the....so I ran to the window but almost as soon as I stood up the sounds stopped.

It was the oddest thing, I heard it as clear as if were right there and at first I thought maybe I had left the TV or radio on but neither was on.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Great Scott! I don't suppose that perchance you were driving a DeLorean?

Seriously thought, time warps fascinate me. Can you elaborate on your father's explanation of avoiding an accident.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hmm kinda weird, methinks there is a rational explanaiton for it. Anyhow it reminds me of an X-File's episode in which Mulder gets caught in some sort of warp just outside of Area 51.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It was definately highway 401. That's the main highway most people take from Toronto to Detroit...I THINK you can take this highway all the way there. Well, at least a good part of the way for sure.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
To Dream Reality:

You asked me to elaborate on my father's explanation of avoiding an accident.

He found no other logical reason why our entire family in the car would be transported in time, other than for us to be protected from getting into an automobile accident. The time we spent in the future was only along a portion of the highway, for just a certain period of time, and then we returned to the present time. Thus, he believed the stretch of road was connected to the reason why we went through the time warp.

Now my father was an agnostic, and yet he was conceding that "something" intervened on our behalf to protect us from harm. For him to admit that a higher power had such ability to move us physically back and forth in time was not something he would admit to without convincing proof. So ultimately behind this experience, a "higher power" perhaps warped time itself to allow us to escape harm.

Which makes you wonder--perhaps time warps are not fixed in certain places but rather, can occur at random, or with the assistance with a higher power. This could nix the idea of ferreting out the location of this incident, as it might be a moot issue.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join