It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Site hints at Asian roots for human genus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Site hints at Asian roots for human genus

sciencenews.org

Early members of the genus Homo, possibly direct ancestors of people today, may have evolved in Asia and then gone to Africa, not vice versa as many scientists have assumed.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
We've always been taught the "out of Africa" theory of the spread of man.

I've never quite bought into this. Some of this, in my opinion, is political correctness dictating what anthropologists are supposed to find rather than looking at what is actually found and then trying to put together a model that fits the facts.

So this article discusses a site that has been occupied for 80,000 years. It points to an Asian homeword for Homo Erectus.

I'm curious what the future holds for the out of Africa model.

sciencenews.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well, its an interesting article, and Im glad you posted it, but I seriously doubt the "out of Africa" model has anything at all to do with "political correctness." Its just the theory that we have the most physical evidence for at this point in time, and, if the evidence tips in another direction so will opinion.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
We've always been taught the "out of Africa" theory of the spread of man.

The theory of "Modern Man" aka Homo sapien [wise man or knowing man] coming out of Africa still holds true. If I'm not mistaken what they are discussing is the earliest signs of the homo genus.

I wrote a thread a while back on the topic of early mans genetic journey. Man's Genetic voyage Fact, Speculation and Theories. This actually provides some support. I think as time goes on we will discover mans genetic history is more diverse than presently thought.

I set forth the hypothesis that there have been several lines of early man all closely related yet separated by early migration across the Eurasian land mass. Some settled in what is now Europe [Neanderthal] some a little farther East- Russia [Denisovan] and others in Asia/China [Peking man]. They stayed isolated until "Homo sapien" started his expansion across the globe and in the process absorbed their DNA possibly taking on their physical characteristics and appearance [Which may have been better suited for their isolated local environment] and then replaced those potential older/related homo offshoots [Neanderthal/Denisovans and possibly even a form of Peking man] etc.

Great find.
S & F

edit on 9-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join