It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FED's Purchase 75% of 7 year T bill ahead of QE2 ending

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Action dealers have flipped back 75% of their entire position in the latest 7 Year On The Run bond. And this is the kind of sleight of hand that allows the Treasury to represent success after success in bond auctions, only to allow the Fed to do the backdoor switcheroo literally hours later,

www.zerohedge.com...

So with the FED's Still purchasing 75% of all T bills who is going to fill the void when QE2 stops in 3 weeks? Get ready for rates to clime steeply and possible a sale off in the markets. This is the most predictable collapse ever
edit on 9-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Amazing, I figured News like this would get more replys. its TEOTWAWKI and the sheep are dead asleep watching the voice or awaiting news on "Hangover 3"

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Actually, I'm kinda stunned. Gonna get hate mail on this, but Glenn Beck said this would happen. I honestly don't know what to say.

Oh hell.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

yeah i know what you mean, Glen is a smart cookie. "Fringe" is not so fringe anymore.
edit on 9-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this another indicator of massive inflation coming up? We're buying our own debt with dollars that haven't even been printed yet.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this another indicator of massive inflation coming up? We're buying our own debt with dollars that haven't even been printed yet.

There not “Physically” printing money but you can still call it that. There adding Zeros in the FED’s Bank accounts and purchasing US T bills with it. Crash course if you don’t already know, T bill are loans to the Federal government. So we are currently “printing money" to fund the US government. This is extremely bad news for the US Dollar and will create inflation if not hyperinflation if this is continued down the road and i have full faith it will.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Buy;
Gold
Silver
Ammo
Food

Pray like hell.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

amen, 6 month ahead of you on that one

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I hope all of you are capable of paying of your student loan. I heard on the news that one family got the SWAT team knocking on their door.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
I hope all of you are capable of paying of your student loan. I heard on the news that one family got the SWAT team knocking on their door.

Student loans are going to be the least of our worries. If people still have homes with doors for SWAT teams to knock down.
(wearing my Hat of Doom today)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Amazing, I figured News like this would get more replys. its TEOTWAWKI and the sheep are dead asleep watching the voice or awaiting news on "Hangover 3"

I am constantly amazed at the shallow level of perception of most people regarding this. Most people who still have a job are basically "business as usual", I was talking with someone not long ago who I would have expected to know better and he said "things look normal to me".

The inflation we were fearing is here no matter what the government says. The cheese I buy at Wal-Mart went up 24% from the last time I bought it about 2 weeks earlier and it had been the same price for over a year. Other items had big increases, one item I use for work went up 58%. That's just Wal-Mart, and I believe it is just starting. Don't ever just pick up the largest package, especially at Wal-Mart or Sam's assuming it will be cheaper. Take the time to do the math, use a calculator if you need to. At Sam's the prices fluctuate but 3 out of 4 times it is 5% or more cheaper to buy 2 25lb bags of rice than 1 50lb bag, and they are easier to carry. Don't assume anything, make a list of prices too from different retailers, I can get Spam for $2.36 a can at Sam's, $2.18 a can at Wal-Mart or $2,00 at Walgreens.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

O yeah it crazy. Basic materials i buy at work, im in the purchasing department, are going up ever 3 months. 7-8% Its so hard to bid jobs because you dont know where the material price will be when you brake ground

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
dont even get me started on food. Im a single guy and cook for myself. I spend $50-$75 on food a week. I dont buy soda anymore. fruits and veggys are getting jacked up. Meat, omg i love meat but its getting pricy

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Heard about that as well. Was posted on ATS recently, here's the link:
Thread

Either way what the FEDs are doing makes me more worried about the near
future. I pray that S doesn't HTF.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You only gave it 30 minutes before wondering where all the replies were?
I'm not really sure there's much left to say to or about this slow moving train wreck, Camaro. Between the economy, Fukushima, additional pointless wars, promises of bailouts to Greece, Globalization, unemployment, and general malaise I'm starting to feel more & more like Professor Farnsworth from Futurama. episode "The Farnsworth Paradox"

Help me Buddha.... Zeus! God, help! (long pause) alright then, Satan, you owe me!

We're quickly running out of options and, at some point, it's nothing more than beating your head against a dead horse.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If you ask me, the only thing that is predictable about this is that suddenly the economy is turning sour right as QE2 is ending, ironically just the way it did as QE 1 was ending.

This is all theater.

A new presumed crisis will be flaunted over the next twom months, Congress will crap itself, raise the debt limit and the priniting presses will commence because everyone is too scared to actual face the real problems. There will be something akin to QE3, then 4,5,6...1000. It might not be as direct as QE1 or QE2, but they will find some way to juice in more stimulus. The bankers will make off like bandits and everyone will sit around wondering why cheese is more expensive.

There will be inflation, the middle class on down will get screwed as always and the only way to change this direction is to beat these jokers at their own game - pull out all of your money and let the games begin!

new topics

top topics

join