It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US protest planned June 14? whispers around the net

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
i saw a post on reddit a couple days ago about a protest planned for June 14. I can't find that particular post now, but once again today, there is a new one, this time associated with anon's ESR.

i also found an article on zerohedge here, which has the most info:
The Big Banks Have Sold Us Out. Democrats And Republicans Have Sold Us Out. No One Is Defending Our Interests. Our Future Is Going Up In Flames. It’s Time For Us To Stand Up And Defend Ourselves

from the article:

The big banks have sold us out. Democrats and Republicans have sold us out. No one is defending our interests. Our future is going up in flames. It’s time for us to stand up and defend ourselves. Trillions of dollars in fraudulent activity by the big banks on Wall Street caused our current economic crisis. Paid off politicians from both parties, along with secret deals made by the Federal Reserve, gave trillions of taxpayer dollars and subsidies to the very people who caused our crisis. After taking our tax dollars, they had the audacity to give themselves all-time recording-breaking bonuses and consolidate wealth in unprecedented fashion within the economic top 0.01% of the population. While a record number of Americans are currently living in poverty and on food stamps; while millions of American families have been foreclosed upon; while health care, food and gas costs are skyrocketing; while over 200 million Americans are living paycheck to paycheck struggling to make ends meet, the super-wealthy have never had it better. We now have the most severe inequality of wealth in American history. The depravity of the Robber Barons has been outdone.

the article then goes on to give some background on the protest and how to get involved.

Flag Day, June 14th, Operation Empire State Rebellion (#OpESR) will launch. #OpESR is a decentralized non-violent resistance movement to end the system of political bribery (campaign finance and lobbying) and break up the big banks centered at the Federal Reserve. To coincide with the launch of this movement, people have begun organizing acts of resistance throughout the US. We are calling upon you to take an action of your own. Whether it’s taking part in a local public protest, withdrawing your money from one of the big six banks, starting a community group or passing out fliers. Anything you can do to rebel against the system of economic tyranny in a non-violent manner is welcome.

Actions planned against banks map:
map

has anyone else heard anything about this?
edit on 9-6-2011 by thedeadlyrhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
something I also found very strange was that if you type in "june 14 protest" into ATS search there are a couple deleted threads trying to promote this.

the "home base" for this protest, i believe will be in Zucotti Park in NYC

from the "Map" link above:

On June 14th 2011 at 1pm, free thinking citizens (aka campers or indignants) will occupy Zuccotti Park (14971 Broadway, New York, NY 1007) in the Financial District of New York City indefinitely, to express non-violent dissent to the further consolidation of wealth into the hands of international corporations by the corrupted two party oligarchy, and develop through the exchange of ideas a new political discourse to unify those who have been exploited. The action will be done in Solidarity with similar camps that have sprung up in Tahrir Square, Puerta Del Sol, Syntagma Square, and countless other squares around Europe and the World. We recognize that since the consolidators of power who actively exploit the majority of the people are international corporations, that it will require an international effort of indignants (those who are feed up with the rampant predatory exploitation) to decentralize this power and return it to the people.

there is also a facebook event here:
#OPSER #NYCCAMP #ACAMPADA

Twitter: @NYCCAMP @OpESR

so, will anyone be attending?
edit on 9-6-2011 by thedeadlyrhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Why on earth do people organise mass protests for a week day!! Surely if they want maximum turnout, they need to hold it on a saturday, when more people will be able to attend. (I've never understood that)

Good luck if you;re going to go on this demo. And remember, wathc the watchers, they can be a bit naughty

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This Thread will probably be deleted. When you signed up for this website you "accepted" the terms and agreement that states that you will be all bark and no bite. You're allowed to do talking through this website but you're not allowed to do any walking.

Honestly it doesn't make sense to me that Clicking an Icon that says "I Accept" can result in the giving up of your freedom of speech through this media known as the Internet.

That's like me saying: "By clicking reply in this thread you agree to "insert loss of freedom here". It does NOT make sense.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I find it very concerning that arrests are a rising trend against peaceful demonstrators.

Two Thousand Six Hundred Activists Arrested in U.S. Protests

Since President Obama was inaugurated, there have been over 2,600 arrests of activists protesting in the U.S.. Research shows over 670 people have been arrested in protests inside the U.S. already in 2011, over 1,290 were arrested in 2010, and 665 arrested in 2009. These figures certainly underestimate the number actually arrested, as arrests in U.S. protests are rarely covered by the mainstream media outlets which focus so intently on arrests of protestors in other countries.

Arrests at protest have been increasing each year since 2009. Those arrested include people protesting U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, Guantanamo, strip mining, home foreclosures, nuclear weapons, immigration policies, police brutality, mistreatment of hotel workers, budget cutbacks, Blackwater, the mistreatment of Bradley Manning, and right wing efforts to cut back collective bargaining.

These arrests illustrate that resistance to the injustices in and committed by the U.S. is alive and well. Certainly there could and should be more, but it is important to recognize that people are fighting back against injustice.

Information on these arrests has been taken primarily from the newsletter The Nuclear Resister, which has been publishing reports of anti-nuclear resistance arrests since 1980, and anti-war actions since 1990.

Jack Cohen-Joppa, who with his partner Felice, edits The Nuclear Resister, told me:

Over the last three decades, in the course of chronicling more than 100,000 arrests for nonviolent protest and resistance to nuclear power, nuclear weapons, torture, and war, we've noted a quadrennial decline as support for protest and resistance gets swallowed up by Presidential politicking. It has taken a couple of years, but the Hopeium addicts of 2008 are finally getting into recovery. We're again reporting a steady if slow rise in the numbers willing to risk arrest and imprisonment for acts of civil resistance. Today, for instance, there are more Americans serving time in prison for nuclear weapons protest than at any time in more than a decade.

Source

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law "respecting an establishment of religion", impeding the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

Originally, the First Amendment applied only to laws enacted by the Congress. However, starting with Gitlow v. New York, 268 U.S. 652 (1925), the Supreme Court has held that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment applies the First Amendment to each state, including any local government.

Source
edit on 9-6-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So we post on a website that's suppose to stand up for whats right and threads like this get deleted? No wonder there'll never be change.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This thread hasn't been deleted, it's still here.
You're not allowed to round people up and rally them together for a demo, but posting about a future demo is allowed. And that is all this thread is doing, it's not a call to arms, it's a notification of a demonstration. I hope the mods agree with me. (looks like they do, as the thread is alive and kicking)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by annonymous1234

that's unfortunate. i don't understand why the site would set terms against rallying to protest when the premise of the whole site is overcoming the conspiracies against the people by world governments and organizations (banking cartels, intelligence agencies, etc). how else do you do so without people up and taking a stand?

all i am doing is trying to bring awareness to the protest and the movement

nobody can hear about the protest if we cant talk about it. but as the other poster said, i feel that the format and layout of my post abides by these terms as it is only intended to bring awareness and i did not organize this protest

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

i hadn't seen that before, those numbers are staggering. and i feel it can only get worse.

however, i think things will have to get really bad before the masses start standing up in this country. for now i think we'll see a lot of young people and the minority that is awake to the actual state of world affairs.

hell, even talking about these kinds of topics is completely shunned in most circles. people are willfully blind and patriotic, and anything that threatens their worldview, they don't want to be bothered with

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Well, I mean, protest is not about accommodation...you're not supposed to do it for fun. In a way, I am disappointed by Colbert and Stewart for their rally as some sort of response to the healthcare protests. They made it seem like you need to have fun at a protest.

If your life sucks and you are sick of war, fun should not really be an issue. Then again, when we make war, fun is always the issue...I'm sure the Taliban don't have XBOX, Wendy's or spas in their compounds....

I digress...a carnivalesque atmosphere is always present at protests, because the people more likely to protest find the very act fun, and not the other way around.

So a workday, or not a workday, if it's important, then you'll risk the consequences.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Interesting trend...wonder where it's headed?

Well, "riot" is a euphemism for "protest" these days...the journalist should also have checked how many people have been jailed for "rioting".

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I think the point would be to have it on a day that the banks are all open and hopefully on that particular day a boycott of sorts would happen (couldn't have millions of people emptying their banks out on a Sunday) If people were to all withdraw their money on the 14th while this was happening it would make for a bigger statement. just my opinion tho

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by annonymous1234

No offense to the site organizers, as I know there are several of them, but in a way, having a forum like this seems to tend to stifle protest, not enhance, foster or adjoin to it.

In effect, those of you here who post and read posts are the real protests, it's just that the "space" in which protesting takes place has been relegated to the internets. ..."all bark and no bite" pretty much sums up this transition.

ATS and sites like it are the contemporary Stonewalls, Birminghams and Kent States to the Facebook Malls and Twitter Cafes...if all social activity is transitioning to a virtual space, it should be expected that protest - as a social (civic) endeavor - would also head in that direction.

Plus, if you go out on a street corner to protest, people think you're a kook because most people on a street corner are kooky. Occupying of the "outer social space" is to be done in vehicular transit only. Groups are not to be tolerated. Cars can only carry four at a time - they are usually carrying just one. Can't get much of a group out of that, so I guess you can't protest in your car. And you don't walk around in "outer social space" to protest in a pedestrian way...so, what's left?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I would imagine that DHS has already sent out
a notice with instructions to all regional HQ's.

It seems they might be getting a lil
ancy at the moment. And if it gets
too rowdy, you can expect Martial Law
and Drones and check points.

me thinks it's time to watch
"The Siege" again.
Denzel Washington and Bruce
Willis starred.

And last but not least:
2 things to look out for.

1) Agent Provocateurs

2) False Flags

edit on 6/9/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Video by Anonymous just released confirm protests on Flag Day, June 14
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So, anything happen? Any protests. I'm weaning myself off the cable news. Haven't watched the news in a month. I feel somewhat liberated. But in the dark, in spite of it all being lies.

What's going on in the world? Protests? Federal Reserve take a powder? Anything? OathKeepers take back the country?

Update me.

new topics

top topics

join