It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coworker you love to hate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We all have the, that coworker that ruins the day or the week. That makes you cringe at the very sight (or smell depending on the scenario) of them.
Whether it is stealing your lunch, being rude, or even a clique of coworkers, they make working working life miserable. They are the source of many eye rolls, sighs, and trips to the bathroom to just get away.

Who is the coworker you love to hate and why?

Mine, she has several mental issues and I have to share a pod with her. She buts in my business. She asks other coworkers about me, though I am a private person, she tattles. She is such a busy body that though someone specifically addresses me with a question, she will answer. Though I am in a different department, she puts her two cents in and interrupts me to ask my leads a question, though my leads are standing there talking to me. It may not seem like much, but when she interrupts your work over a subject matter she has nothing to do with, and does it all day, it can drive you nuts.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Smile and wait for yor opportunity to strike. You do not have to be real mean to get payback. Just a little maybe. The time will be right and you can make your move. Whatever that may be.

Personally there are these two brothers at work. They both have an issue with fresh water for some reason. It is hard to work, with it wreaking so bad you feel like you are in a Jackazz episode. I cannot stand it when people do not have a little self respect and common courtesy for their fellow worker. It is torture.

Flag for you. I needed to vent a little.
edit on 9-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have an owners son, not been here too long, who just plays on the internet all day. We all have been getting along great for over 10 years, until he was hired.

Complete nightmare for the rest of us!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Thank you. I figured it would be a good place to vent, myself included.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I am surprised, being ats and all that there aren't more coworker haters. I was hoping to hear some good stories.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well I will let you know that although a slacker myself I work my behind off to finish my work and do the best I can. Yes I may play around on the internet etc but I know my job is important and I try my best to show I want and need a job. I'll come into work more tired than my current co worker who is about to get fired. She deals with her family issues at work, plays on the internet all day and doesn't get any of her work done. I finish mine. She blabbers about her woes and troubles and not to be mean but she is abit hefty and its no wonder the way she carries her lifestyle. She does nothing to help it. Makes me so mad sometimes but meh. Btw I'm my grandfathers grand daughter but you don't see me putting my work or my other co workers below me. Makes me upset when they do it to others though. I gave you star and I'm about to give you a flag.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rishiana

Sometimes people are the source of their own problems. I live by the addage that you leave work at work and home at home, though sometimes problems are severe enough to cross over.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Dear coworkers:
please clean your funky food out of the fridge.
You are all adults with degrees, why do you keep signing under the wrong date?
And who is the lazy person who can't change the water bottle?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

True but when she does it every five minutes and then neglects the fact that she is your second boss and provides you with work .......... Yeah thats annoying -__-

edit on 10-6-2011 by Rishiana because: Forgot a word

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I loled at this. Put their funky food in their desks >,> I guarentee you they'll clean it up then LOL

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i sit across from the "break room". its also the lunch room and when things get really tight, a meeting room. i hate hate hate hate when someone brings in seafood for lunch. o.m.f.g. it makes me want to break things. does every piece of fish ever cooked smell like it was in the process of becoming garum before it was decided to bail and have it for lunch? every day from 11a-3p (esp of fridays) its like the south street fish market.

then we have the coworker who blasts the aol soul/r&b/motown station all day. sure.. it was awesome m-f/9-5 for the first 2 years, but now im going on 7 years of the *same* playlist and am convinced its the soundtrack to hell. also, im more than sure that the one song that is played on endless loop at full volume (thats right, 11) on the 9th circle of hell is that awesome duet by rick james and teena marie "fire and desire" the caterwauling featured on this track is unsurpassed:

sure.. some of you would say: but what is wrong with you?! that song is great! and motown is the bestest! i hear this song *at minimum* twice a day, since the aol track list is so short. when you listen to something against your will enough times, it gets to be torture. now that i think about it, isnt something very similar employed by the government when they want to "flush out" during a stand off?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Misteriosa

o_o Thats like me hearing Brittany Spears music on the radio from my co worker. She doesn't come on often but when she does x.x

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Misteriosa

Ohh I have had those. Or its the gospel station. UGH

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I forgot to mention the people who don't bring anything to a potluck, are first to circle the table like vultures, and leave without cleaning up.

I think the cleaning up thing annoys me most.

I am an aide, not "maid"

new topics

top topics

join