It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of something just before it happens or is spoken about.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Alright, so I've had this happen to me for years, I think of something, it's then spoke about on the news. I think of a word, someone says that word, I read a subject, someone talks about it, I say a sentence, in that I say a word, and someone on TV says the same word at the same time.

And just tonight, I was thinking about a song 10 seconds before that song played on a TV show.

I was at my computer, and the song Exile Vilify came into my mind, and other subjects surrounding it entered my mind, then someone started watching a show and the beginning of the show the song played. I got such a shock when it begun to play as it was just so weird and coincidental, it's a rather obscure song I would think, and to have it start on that show, at that time is just so weird and what finally made me make a thread after all these years.

Does anyone else experience this sort of thing? It's just so weird, I would think coincidences, but damn they're really freaky ones at that.

Look forward to the input.

EDIT: Apologies if this post is a bit incomprehensible, I'm tired and about to head to bed.

edit on 9/6/11 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
yes, Carl Jung referred to it as "synchronicity" - the convergence of events. it's the universe's way of telling us that everything happens for a reason and there is self-awareness on a cosmic scale.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If you thought of the song right before it came on the TV, maybe you have seen that show before and it reminded you of the song even though you weren't consciously thinking about it.

I guess this type of thing has happened to me before, but not too often. Sometimes I will learn an obscure fact that wouldn't come up in everyday conversation, then hear someone talking about it the next day. Probably coincidence.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Time is flipping back and forth a bit.. no worry it will settle down soon
your remebering parts of time running backwards when it starts going forwards again.
so what is in the future actually was for a second your past..
there is no past or future, there just is..

But what if time moved backward? Surely we would notice that, right? Well, probably not. Our thought processes, including our memories, are connected to the time frame in which they occur, so if time moves backwards, all our brain functions, thought processes, and memory accumulation would also move backward. That means we would remember the future and have no recollection of the past. The future and past would take on reverse roles. So if we remember the future but because time is going backward, we are heading into the past, our perception of events would be precisely the same as what they are now. Again, we would not notice.

www.readjerrywilson.com...
cosmic consciousness
welcome to the matrix.
and yes i have similar events happen, but i enjoy the ride so i say bring it on !

edit on 9-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

That has happened often to me. I'll be listening to radio in the car and I'll think of an artist or song and it will play shortly after. Sometimes I will be thinking of a word, numbers or place and it will show up on the TV. I have also experienced the 11 thing also. I always thought it must be coincidence but maybe there is more to it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This has also happened to me. The phone rings, I know who it is before I pick it up, things like that.
The song thing has been happening a lot lately, I will wake up in the morning with a song stuck in my head, and no I don't sleep with a radio on, usually its just a few lyrics. So I've started writing them down and have noticed a few wild things.

Could not get Elvis's Blue suede shoes out of my head, later that day, my friend gave me a pair of Kyonite (Blue) earrings.
Things like that.
You should keep a journal about it when it happens, it helps make more sense later, at least to me.
edit on 9-6-2011 by chiefsmom because: wrong song

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Yup, that happens to me more times then I can count with the radio. Other things I'll see a long ways off, months, years down the road, then just before it happens I'll get a flash like I've been here before even though I've never been there.
Lately though I've been seeing something and it's been disturbing?(not exactly the word I'm looking for but guess it'll have to do) but not sure if I should say anything or not or if I should try an focus on it more to get more detail/ location. I mean normally the stuff I see revolves around me. This I can't get a good lock on it. Aaaaa, I'm rambling, so I'll dive outta the room.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Synchronicity is fascinating when it first occurs...google it and be amazed...hell even do a ats search and there are countless threads...

It's perfectly normal and it will start to increase so don't panic.

Wait until the 11s get you

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Please call me on the cell phone 5 minutes till tonights lottery drawing.I want you to have the tv on and be watching it so we can win millions .

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I ''feel'' ya! lol Synchronicity happens quite often with me! It's kind of fun too: Breaks up the monotony!

Everything happens for a reason. You are noticing this synchronicity and are awakening. Be thankful: Lots are still blinded. I believe things like this happen to bring you to the "Truth" - and who is truth but GOD Himself!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
A lesson in coincidences:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What are the odds of being sexted by wiener before friday?About 50/50 I think

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think Repo Man summed this up years ago.

edit on 9-6-2011 by TheInterceptor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This happens to me every day, and has done for as long as I can remember. Songs appearing in my head that I haven't heard for years then turn on the radio and there it is. People phoning, texting or emailing me just after mentioning them.

Two weird ones I've had in the last few days:

The other morning I turned on UK TV Gold and there was a programme called Dear John, a comedy from the 80's. It was right at the end, and a DJ was playing Green Door by Shakin Stevens, and the joke was that he had played it 14 times because it was the only record he had. So an hour later I'm driving to work, turn from a local radio station to Radio 2, and there is Green Door by Shakin Stevens playing! I haven't heard this song for YEARS!

Also I've had cause to drive over the Severn Bridge lately and noticed the bad condition of the tarmac and only a few days ago said to my other half that they should use our tolls to repair the potholes, and a friend mentioned that they were in a queue on the bridge on twitter, and I replied about the state of the road again (this was yesterday) then this morning on the news they said that they are starting roadworks today to carry out repairs to the road on the Severn Bridge. My other half was like "Didn't you only say about that the other day?"

The song one is the most common, and sometimes I think radio stations have raided my CD collection, because they'll play 3 or 4 songs in a row that are in the exact same order as a CD I have created. Years ago it was my mix tapes

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

this happened to me while i was staying at a meditation center for a few months. A wise person & i finallu chaulked it down to the fact that since i was meditating so much, i was clearing my mind. This allowed me to start picking up on others' thoughts.

i.e. telepathy

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I'm going to try to tell you why this works the way it does, but I warn you, you won't understand me if you don't have an open mind.

There are higher dimensions, and each dimension is you. Even this third dimension is you. Everything here in this third dimensional universe was created by you in the fourth dimension. This fourth dimension is what you might call your higher self.

There is no such thing as time in 4d. Everything is simultaneous. Right now in 3d, you are being watched by yourself in 4d, but you are viewing everything in 4d all at once. Your 4d higher self is my 4d higher self. We are all one.

So you see my 4d self is creating 3d reality in its entirety. That means my 4d self is creating your 3d self-aware vehicle. Really it is your 4d self too. Therefore your 4d self is creating is creating my 3d self-aware vehicle.

This is how we create our reality. You aren't just thinking about things before they happen. For one, you already know they are going to happen, and for two, you are creating them to happen.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
yes, Carl Jung referred to it as "synchronicity" - the convergence of events. it's the universe's way of telling us that everything happens for a reason and there is self-awareness on a cosmic scale.

Exactly. Carl Jung was the freakin' man. He believed that our shared subconsciousness is why we all share certain archetypes. Look up the story as to what sparked that conclusion in the first place. It's pretty hilarious, actually.

I think that if he had lived longer, he would have been a raving advocate for the Holomovement physics model.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
this happens to me a lot. It happens with music but more than anything its sentences. I will hear a line in my head. could be a short sentence...could be a little mini monologue. Within a short timeframe it will come up again in real life. When I first noticed it I thought it odd but now it happens often enough were I get a bit of a chuckle.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's happened to me so much that I just accept it, smile & keep going...

I will often be in a group of friends & think something to myself, thought about saying it out loud but didn't, then 2 seconds later someone else said it instead word for word.

It's almost as if our thoughts are in a collective pool & we pick & choice the ones we express.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It's merely coincidence the millions of other thoughts one has that have no connection are just unnoticed.

A couple of weeks ago as I was going to sleep for some reason I was thinking of the phrase -- On Old Olympus' Towering Top, A Finn And German Viewed Some Hops; Haven't thought about that in decades. Next day watching House on TV sure enough the phrase On Old Olympus' Towering Top, A Finn And German Viewed Some Hops; was used. Mystical no just coincidence.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join